• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptainKickass69

Any one surprised about the amount of people also getting imperial edition

ESO    110 members have voted

1. 1. standard or imperial edition

• im getting imperial edtion
    • im getting standard edtion
  2. 2. Preordered or getting later

• Preordered
    • getting it later

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

So i wanted to know how many are getting the imperial edition and how many are preordering it. 

i got imperial edition preordered  :D

I wasn't going to at first, then had some extra cash come in from a job on the side so decided to treat myself to it. For me having the mount at the start will be worth the extra.

I pre ordered standard but only because I never play Imperial. 

I only play Dark Elf and Orc so it would be a waste of money.

But i'm not surprised it's been popular.

People here have complained about it but it's still a hyped up game so it's going to make a ton of money and people love exclusives like the Imperial Class and the horse.

To be honest, I was tempted with the horse alone but i'm not paying £20 extra just for a horse.

deemon and emhce like this

GMG had a 25% sale, so i bought the imp version @ standard price ^^

right now i believe theres a 20% coupon floating around the web for it

bronzebomber likes this

I'm more disappointed than surprised. People actually buying the thing is what gives them the impression this is okay.

Not surprised, people are stupid. When you accept this kind of shit you open the door for other. Do you remember in Oblivion when a lot of people accepted to pay 4$ for horse armor?

Not really, I mean in retrospect here. There are always the people who "jump the gun" on things, which most of the time ends in a crash and burn scenario.
Besides, I do not think supporting practices like zenimax is trying to do with the collectors edition and ect, is not giving them a good message to follow by because buying a product like this, doing things like the exclusive blocking of a entire class that was originally one of the choices among the fractions, is not giving them the right message at all. 

The -only- reason I purchased the Imp Edition was solely based on the fact that GMG emailed me a 25% off coupon.  You gotta figure, if you're paying full price for the game, and getting a discount on a larger purchase would bring it down to the price of the standard, then why not?  I totally agree with Drachens thinking on the subject though, because ultimately what we're all buying easily tells companies that it's "ok" to put things behind pay-gates.  What's that old saying... A fool and his money are easily parted? :P  

I'm not surprised at all that tons of PPL preordered it with the imperial edition. It was a just a money making ploy that the company (not the developers) knew that ppl would jump at. 

Not surprised, people are stupid. When you accept this kind of shit you open the door for other. Do you remember in Oblivion when a lot of people accepted to pay 4$ for horse armor?

My time is valuable, and paying more for a horse was worth it. Stupid would be walking around for multiple levels when a horse option is available for the price of the standard addition with a coupon.  Trust me, adding a class as a "pre-purchase" option is standard MMO packaging these days. Star Wars did it, Neverwinter did it, I'm sure if you look there were other games that had a class you only were able to play with the "paid for" or "Uber-purchase" addition. Just like adding a horse, and just like adding a pet. This is MMO 101 people, and your thought that not buying it will make it go away are naive even if your moral ground is solid. 

That being said, it was really stupid for "them" to allow marketing to get away with it because of what the class represents in the game. But I suppose marketing said "we need a race that only comes in the uber package for extra money" and Imperial was the obvious choice. Doesn't make it right, but calling people stupid for a marketing practice that has been in place for years isn't going to make it go away, especially not one month before launch.

saw joes pvp video

preorderd shortly afterwards

the imperials being locked in imperial edition dont bother me personaly to much

but i supose im just used to having to pay to get stuff from playing so many f2p games

I pre ordered imp edition (digital) if for NOTHING else then the mount, but extra exp bonus when lvling with a buddy sounds nice too. I have no problem droping a little extra cash for a few bonuses for a game, nor for paying a monthly fee (though i will only pay such a fee for a single game at a time)

Never got a chance to test PVP in beta (yet) every time i tried to join i got stuck in load screen of death. but i am pumped up a bit after seeing Joe's video.

bronzebomber likes this

I would not have gotten it but there are a lot of 20% sales going on right now.  Just got mine on Gamefly for 20% off.

No I won't be getting the imp edition. Not bothered about playing as a imp & not fussed for the white horse so will be getting the standard.

I'm getting the Imp.

If anyone knows what sort of racials Imps get I'd be happy to know what you know.

I'm getting the Imp.

If anyone knows what sort of racials Imps get I'd be happy to know what you know.

Shield Affinity - gain experience with sword and shield 15% faster.

Though - Increases max health (3 ranks).

Conditioning - increases max stamina (3 ranks).

Red Diamond - Melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 2 health (3 ranks).

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#zMaz

Getting the imperial edition, well because you get some extra bonuses in game and the Imperial race, love playing as an Imperial.
And i hate the idea that they are locking an entire race behind the paywall, but nevertheless, i will be playing this game.

I will be indulging myself in the imperial edition for several reasons. The imperial race has the most attractive racials to my playstyle as a sword/sheild tank as well as have beautiful racial armor. The mount is also a nice touch since I will be playing a templar. Mudcrab is mostly a bonus.

No, if enough people buy the imp edition, the company will think its ok to add paywalls

I've never been able to get into MMORPGs before, more of a single player guy, but ESO has greatly peaked my interest.  The game looks solo friendly and the questing reminds me more of a single player RPG (can't stand go here, kill X quests), however, I'm torn on the Imperial Edition.  The swag looks good but locking an extra race behind a pay wall is not something we should have to deal with in a subscription based game with a full retail box price.  Game companies only respond to profits so we have to vote with our wallets to stop pay walls outside of free2play.

Not surprised at all with the paywall race and the cost of a mount in game

Not surprised at all with the paywall race and the cost of a mount in game

Yep more so since Imperial is the best race for tanks

CaptainKickass69 likes this

As far as I know the physical version of the Imperial Edition has completely sold out both in the United States and Australia. It'd be a safe wager that its sold out elsewhere too, no guarantees of course. But quite frankly, I'm happy with the fact it has. It shows that although vocal, the people constantly moaning about it are the minority. I still think that the Imperial Edition is worth every penny, especially considering a lot of collector's editions offer a lot less at higher prices.

Ah, by the way... Imperial edition, Pre-ordered. Just to say what I voted on.

Meh, doesn't matter to me I can't afford any of them at the moment. Besides I have never played as an Imperial so Imperial edition means nothing to me.

deemon likes this

IMp edtion still has at LEAST 2 benifits:

A. HORSE (only 100G w/ pre order VS almost 20K)

B. Early Access(Faster you get into Cyrodiil, faster you get somne ALLIANCE POINTS

CaptainKickass69 likes this