• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VG_Addict

A MLP game?

9 posts in this topic

Do you think a Hasbro licensed game based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would sell well? I mean, the brony fanbase is pretty sizable. Imagine an open world game where you travel Equestria and build relationships with the ponies, similar to Animal Crossing. Or do you think people would dismiss it as a shovelware game, since most games based on children's shows are of decidedly sub-par quality?

I thought they already made that game; if I remember correctly it was terrifying:

Do you think a Hasbro licensed game based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would sell well?

Google search "legend of equestria' or "Mlp: fighting is magic" and you tell me

They wouldn't have the budget to do anything close to something of that magnitude

Do you think a Hasbro licensed game based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would sell well? I mean, the brony fanbase is pretty sizable. Imagine an open world game where you travel Equestria and build relationships with the ponies, similar to Animal Crossing. Or do you think people would dismiss it as a shovelware game, since most games based on children's shows are of decidedly sub-par quality?

They would go with the idea "IT'S FOO GURLZ" and make something pink and horrible that no one would like except indoctrinated 5 year old girls who think they have to be a certain way.

They wouldn't have the budget to do anything close to something of that magnitude

Hasbro earns millions upon millions of dollars yearly, they can afford more than you think

Hasbro earns millions upon millions of dollars yearly, they can afford more than you think

Let me rephrase, they would find it hard to justify to allow a budget that would allow them to create a game to specifically target bronies.

At the end of the day, the main target demographic for them is still young children. An open world game would sink time and money into something that would have minimal benefits would be something that they would be very hesitant in doing. Open world games suck unless they have plenty of time and money to make a good one.

They might bring in millions of dollars yearly, but that doesn't mean they would be willing to spend it for a video game.

Yeah their 2012 numbers were $4.19 billion in gross revenue and net income of $370.8 million.  Compare that to Electronic Arts in 2012 - also having $4.19 billion gross revenue and but $76 million in net income.  If you want, you could think of Hasbro as similarly large but massively more successful and profitable.  

Let me rephrase, they would find it hard to justify to allow a budget that would allow them to create a game to specifically target bronies.

At the end of the day, the main target demographic for them is still young children. An open world game would sink time and money into something that would have minimal benefits would be something that they would be very hesitant in doing. Open world games suck unless they have plenty of time and money to make a good one.

They might bring in millions of dollars yearly, but that doesn't mean they would be willing to spend it for a video game.

Well yeah, if they looked at Electronic Arts' numbers compared to their own you can see how they might think it best to limit their involvement in video games to licensing of their IP and to investment in 3rd parties.   Also their own experience with their former video game division, Hasbro Interactive, probably hasn't enamored them with the actual making of video games.