• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emhce

Best Tank Race

15 posts in this topic

As it stands, the Imperial racial bonuses are more health, more stamina, Better with shields and attacks can restore health. That seems pretty tanky to me.

aye the imperials are very good in melee and the tanky tank role (from what i could tell.... i have bought the imp edition but from GoG so i wasnt able to actually try out the race myself in the beta)

im pretty sure that the other alternative would be a nord if you dont have the imp edition

Nord 

Ultimate Abilities
Battle Cry - Increases damage for player and allies.

Passive Abilities
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise - Increases the skill experience gain with the Two-Handed skill line by 15%.
Robust - Increases Health regeneration during combat. 3 ranks, 5/10/15%.
Resist Frost - Increases Cold resistance and maximum health. 3 ranks, 10/20/30 for resistance and 1/2/3% for maximum Health.
Rugged - Increases Armor rating. 3 ranks, 2/4/6.

Imperial

Passive Abilities

The racial skills of the Imperials reflect their affinity for combat and diplomacy, giving them bonuses to experience and stamina.
Shield Affinity - Increases experience gain with the One-Handed and Shield Skill Line. (Rank 1)
Tough - Increases Max Health. (Rank 5)
Conditioning - Increases Max Stamina. (Rank 10)
Red Diamond - Melee attacks have a chance to restore Health. (Rank 25)

as you can see, imperial is far more interesting for a pure tank. HOWEVER the nord battlecry could be VERY useful for an off tank / buffer

What if you don'twant to buy the imp edition though?

aye the imperials are very good in melee and the tanky tank role (from what i could tell.... i have bought the imp edition but from GoG so i wasnt able to actually try out the race myself in the beta)

im pretty sure that the other alternative would be a nord if you dont have the imp edition

Nord 

Ultimate Abilities

Battle Cry - Increases damage for player and allies.

Passive Abilities

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise - Increases the skill experience gain with the Two-Handed skill line by 15%.

Robust - Increases Health regeneration during combat. 3 ranks, 5/10/15%.

Resist Frost - Increases Cold resistance and maximum health. 3 ranks, 10/20/30 for resistance and 1/2/3% for maximum Health.

Rugged - Increases Armor rating. 3 ranks, 2/4/6.

Imperial

Passive Abilities

The racial skills of the Imperials reflect their affinity for combat and diplomacy, giving them bonuses to experience and stamina.

Shield Affinity - Increases experience gain with the One-Handed and Shield Skill Line. (Rank 1)

Tough - Increases Max Health. (Rank 5)

Conditioning - Increases Max Stamina. (Rank 10)

Red Diamond - Melee attacks have a chance to restore Health. (Rank 25)

as you can see, imperial is far more interesting for a pure tank. HOWEVER the nord battlecry could be VERY useful for an off tank / buffer

I assume imps also get a ultimate ability as well, just haven't heard about it yet.... mayhaps it would be better then this battle cry.

don't forget Orcs, they synergize with high stamina, heavy armor and high health

but really any race can assume the role, even a sorceror or nightblade high elf can tank if built properly and using the right gear.

it's because the skill points you put into your chosen armor type are the real deciding factor, not racial abilities.

don't forget Orcs, they synergize with high stamina, heavy armor and high health

but really any race can assume the role, even a sorceror or nightblade high elf can tank if built properly and using the right gear.

it's because the skill points you put into your chosen armor type are the real deciding factor, not racial abilities.

For casual sure, but any high end progression just means you are gimping your guild and yourself.

For casual sure, but any high end progression just means you are gimping your guild and yourself.

i contest that you have to choose a set race and build to be viable at end game, i've used a variety of builds across multiple MMOs at endgame, many 'non-standard' and have performed fine.

The simple answers above are misleading.

What type of tank?   Dragon Knight tank?  Templar Tank, or Sorcerer tank?  or the off chance dark horse choice of the Night blade tank...

All of these tank types are very viable.

These tanks will all allow for different races, in fact there is no One best race.

Do you want to be a PVP tank?  the Orc speed bonus is nice for closing the distance in smaller fights or running down enemies...

The soft cap on regeneration rates are low enough that you can reach them with any of the races.  You will not be gimping yourself or your guild by choosing any of the races.   Will there be one that is a % or two higher in one area or another?  Yes but gear choice, skill choice is far more important in the long run.

Templar tanks will benefit from a race that has more mana... 

Keep an open mind.

The first stat from all the races is a bonus to exp and that SHOULD be ignored.  It is a bonus that you will finish long before you get to level 50...   Ignore that, look at the benefits and your play style and then choose a race.

Remember too that you should substitute the word melee for the word physical on the races.  The bonuses to crit and damage for khajiit and the healing gained by doing damage for imperials will benifite bow users as well.  

ps,  the text in this message is showing up very very small for me unless I select the largest size.  Please let me know if this is huge or close to normal size.  thanks.

i contest that you have to choose a set race and build to be viable at end game, i've used a variety of builds across multiple MMOs at endgame, many 'non-standard' and have performed fine.

Fine but not optimal, along with the fact pretty much any top ranked guild wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

The simple answers above are misleading.

What type of tank?   Dragon Knight tank?  Templar Tank, or Sorcerer tank?  or the off chance dark horse choice of the Night blade tank...

All of these tank types are very viable.

These tanks will all allow for different races, in fact there is no One best race.

Do you want to be a PVP tank?  the Orc speed bonus is nice for closing the distance in smaller fights or running down enemies...

The soft cap on regeneration rates are low enough that you can reach them with any of the races.  You will not be gimping yourself or your guild by choosing any of the races.   Will there be one that is a % or two higher in one area or another?  Yes but gear choice, skill choice is far more important in the long run.

Templar tanks will benefit from a race that has more mana... 

Keep an open mind.

The first stat from all the races is a bonus to exp and that SHOULD be ignored.  It is a bonus that you will finish long before you get to level 50...   Ignore that, look at the benefits and your play style and then choose a race.

Remember too that you should substitute the word melee for the word physical on the races.  The bonuses to crit and damage for khajiit and the healing gained by doing damage for imperials will benifite bow users as well.  

ps,  the text in this message is showing up very very small for me unless I select the largest size.  Please let me know if this is huge or close to normal size.  thanks.

Once people get to the end game there will be a best tank class, happens in every MMO. That doesn't mean the others are not viable just means one is better overall.

yea honestly, if you are not a min maxer, it really doesnt matter what race you pick.

But i'm a min maxer :P 

Fine but not optimal, along with the fact pretty much any top ranked guild wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

heh, well i don't think i'll have to worry about that...as i'm going to be in the AJSA....which to my knowledge won't turn me away cause i'm not a min maxer

Jackschmit likes this

I think the "best tank|" race depends on your class you use for tank and how you build it but the one i perfer about the same as imperal is Redgarud, it gives ya bounces on the sheild and the replenishing of stam is a nice skill to have.