• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Leoofmoon

Do not get Meta gear Ground zero

49 posts in this topic

Really guys do not get this, Joe got this game on the stream about 4am or so and after to technical difficulties did not get to playing tell around 4:30-4:45 I downloaded the game on the PS3 for $20 and I beat the game in about a hour. I am hearing reports of this game being beaten in 10-30 minutes.

All this game is is a advertisement for Phantom pain and for yall to know why Snake(Or Big boss for you hard core MGS fans) is in the hospitable and what is going on a little. The game is super short and is not worth unless its on sale for $10 or 5, I was hoping this game had the Metal gear online 2 like the said but so far I have seen nothing of it the rest of the game is filled with side missions and such but as of typing this I am sobering up and it is 5:45am.

If you want to buy this game go right ahead if you are a hard core MGS fan like I am you will want to buy this to see how the new one is but if what I am saying turns you away watch a LP or a review of the game and make the choice yourself.

Mind if I ask where you heard the reports of the game being completed in 10-30 minutes?

I read something about that in the comments on Joes Twitch stream earlier, but Joe himself said it sounded ridiculous. I haven't heard any more official reports than Twitch comments.

Mind if I ask where you heard the reports of the game being completed in 10-30 minutes?

It was on reddit I saw reports of speed runners beating it in 10m

Damn, he finished it that fast? If he got S rank from that speed run, that's badass.

Here's the thing about speedrunners, they just play the game without collecting extras stuff and experimenting with different playstyles. This game is not like, let's say Gone home where it's $15 and the whole game is only 2 hours without collectibles or extras. There's collectible cassete tapes and patches, hostages to rescue and there's unlockable skins and weapons that depends on your rank for each missions that will give incentive to play the game again and get better ranks.

Btw, did you get to the mission where everything looks like MGS 1 and you have to take photos of things in the game?

Joe just beat it in his stream, he had been playing the game for a hour and he had been dying.

I'm still gonna get it, but only when it reaches the 10$ range. Yes, I watched the stream of joe playing it terrible and all. But I still enjoyed alot of what I saw, it just isn't worth 30 dogs

If you go by speed runners times you'd never buy another game again.

The record for finishing Dark Souls, a game that took a lot of people an incredibly long time, is 25 minutes and 11 seconds.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/gamelist/FullList.html

The idea of a speed run is just that ... to do it fast.

But I do agree about this "game" ... used in quotations because it's a sorry excuse for one. It should have been put at the start of Phantom Pain and it's a cash grab. 

The fact people are paying money for it is one of the main problems with the gaming industry. People are willing to throw money at anything and it encourages publishers and developers to pull more of the same shit.

And those same people then whine about other problems in the industry without realising they themselves are the main root of it all.

Neravon likes this

Question: Is it fun? Is it MGS?

Yes to either of those and I'm getting it.

Sigma081 likes this

Question: Is it fun? Is it MGS?

Yes to either of those and I'm getting it.

I made a review of the game. Check that out. Only the story mission is around 1 hour if you just rush it and don't collect collectables. There's 5 more missions, collectables and unlockable weapons + skins. But in the end it's up to you guys if you want to buy it or not. I say buy it cheap on PSN $19, or just wait for the price to go down lower if you are not sure. Or just watch it on youtube.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/15909-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-review-definitely-not-a-glorified-demo/#entry180342

After watching Joe's stream on twitch I find it stupid that it cost $40-$30 for that really short of a game. Even tho the game do looks nice, it do have side mission to do and some unlockables. But I don't see in my eyes to waste $30 on a game that is short (may take a less then a hour not counting the side missions to be the game like Joe did) and most likely I won't be replaying the side missions like crazy after I beat it. I rather wait for decent fair price drop but $30 is not worth it in my opinion. 

I beat Skyrim in seconds. Just by using completequest.

I just spewed my drink out my nose, so... thanks for that...

Berserker likes this

I beat Skyrim in seconds. Just by using completequest.

Thats by using the console commands and not playing the game legit. So technically its pretty much cheating using the console commands for Skyrim pc version.

I can confirm that I had ground zeros beat in 34 minuets.  Waste o $20.  If I had a retail copy I would be demanding my money back.

Well speed runners speed run, there's gigantic games finished in 20 minutes in the anything goes category. Now if an average person takes less than an hour then that's ridiculous.

Thats by using the console commands and not playing the game legit. So technically its pretty much cheating using the console commands for Skyrim pc version.

He was joking.

I think we can let people who use console commands for a single player game pass though. They are hardly committing a crime.

Do not get Deus Ex: The Fall.

Having played the game myself, I'm going to suggest that anyone thinking of buying this game ask themselves a question: "Am I the sort who plays through games more than once, or do I usually beat it, shelve it, and never look at it again?"

If you fall into the first category, then you might be able to justify spending $30 at release (key word being "might"- I am that sort of person and I'm still more than a little miffed that there wasn't a bit more content for the price), but you're still probably going to want to wait for the price to drop, or for it to be on sale somewhere. If not, then your $30 would probably be much better spent on the MGS HD collection of Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Peace Walker. Far more content for your money, even if it's not as good looking as the FOX Engine (which, I'll admit, is fairly impressive even on the 360).

Yes guys like I said before if you are a MGS fan you will want this game, I played Peace walker and it had a main story and side mission stuff for me to do the only problem is this is just a ad for phantom pain. If you want to play it with the side missions it will add I would say 3 maybe 6 hours to the game.

So just because the game is about an hour or two long, doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy it. Back then games were from 20 minutes to one hour long, in terms of content, but people usually played the game for months and months, just to perfect their runs, so they have something to brag about. Ninja Gaiden on NES can be beaten in 15 minutes without any glitches. LoZ: OOT can be beaten under 19 minutes, with glitches of course.

Sure, $20 is a high price for 2 hours of content, but I remember playing MGS4 demo, for over 7 hours. I didn't have the age to get the game, but I still somehow squeezed that 7 hours out of it. I tried different CQC moves, different tactics, annoyed enemies, tried perfect runs (no alerts, no kills) etc. MGS games have always had huge amount of replayability.

Watched my friend play and he plowed through the main storyline within roughly thirty minutes.

The game, ultimately in my personal opinion, is an appetizer. A taste of things to come in Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain which will be the proper game. Still I find it strange releasing ground zeroes spearately and at a substanial price for next-gen owners.

I hope we see a bundle, like when you buy Phantom Pain for X dollars more (between 10-20 dollars) you get Ground Zeroes included as I can bring myself to pay for over $10 for what is pratically a demo for the next game.

So just because the game is about an hour or two long, doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy it. Back then games were from 20 minutes to one hour long, in terms of content, but people usually played the game for months and months, just to perfect their runs, so they have something to brag about. Ninja Gaiden on NES can be beaten in 15 minutes without any glitches. LoZ: OOT can be beaten under 19 minutes, with glitches of course.

We're not talking about speed runs.

MGS games have always had huge amount of replayability.

Only MGS3 had me playing it a couple of times, and that was just for the story.

Hideo Kojima himself stated that this was only an introductory demo of the new open world system in Phantom Pain.

People beating the game in 10-30 minutes did not do all of the side missions and probably didn't go full stealth.  Anybody who was paying attention to the development of the game would have known months ago that this was not a full game. It was stated in different wording several times over the past few months.

To do all the side missions completely stealth will take at least 3 hours. I always have to laugh and shake my head at all the dumb asses who buy a game and run through it as fast as they can on launch day then claim "THIS GAME 2 SHORT LOLZ".  Run around, explore the level, look at the small details. Listen to all the guard conversations, look for easter eggs.

I believe that is all that needs to be said. People should really start paying attention to details.

Sol Omega likes this

He was joking.

I think we can let people who use console commands for a single player game pass though. They are hardly committing a crime.

I know he is but im just saying. xD