• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Conor

Did you buy InFamous: Second Son?

Infamous: Second Son   73 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy Infamous: Second Son?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will very soon
  2. 2. Have you played other games in the Infamous series?

• Nope
    • InFamous 1
    • InFamous 2
    • InFamous: Festival of Blood

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Infamous Second Son came out yesterday and despite knowing nothing about the InFamous series due to not owning a PS3, am thinking I should pick this game up very soon. It's a PS4 Major Exclusive Game Release that I've heard so much off since the release of the PS4.

I was actually going to buy MGS V: Ground Zeros like tomorrow, it only came out in my country today but Angry Joe's review of it, makes me think I shouldn't buy it right now, I should probably just wait a month or so because MGS V: Phantom Pain probably won't come out for years anyway and I just want to make sure I play it before that to continue the MGS V story.

xboxmegafan and iEsaias like this

You wouldn't have to play the first two games to know the story for second son.  Second son is fun as hell especially when you get your neon powers.  I highly recommend that every PS4 owner buy the game.

Conor likes this

I preordered it 1 week before its release. The game is beyond my expectations.

From story to its gameplay = Superb

I already spent  heaps of hours on Infamous & it also made me forget to play Titanfall.

As of now its my favorite current gen game...

I also played the 1st infamous game for 5min. It was good.
Though I can't see mysef playing that game for a while as I'm pretty busy with my current gen consoles..

Congrats Lord Leonan on your PS4 purchase :)

Lord Leonan and xboxmegafan like this

i played infamous 1 for so little i dont even consider i played it.

but i bought second son anyway. It's great, i don't think you need to know anything about the other infamous to play it. i disagree with most reviews, im liking the characters and the story, my problems with the game are with some of the gameplay, i can't take cover or crouch, so that bothers me a bit.

Loving the game so far, got my 3rd power (which is totally what I didn't expect) and having a blast playing through it. It's definitely a big step up from infamous 2 but i'm a bit disappointed with the lack of ties with past titles (finished the Cole's legacy btw). Overall it's a great game with great gameplay and serviceable story (big upgrade from 2 though).

Conor likes this

Yes and it is fun though I wished they had a bigger cameo for Zeke rather then just for the small portion of Cole's Legacy. Story feels a bit shorter the first two games but still good and the powers are pretty awesome. Working through an evil story mode now.

Conor likes this

Hope Angry Joe gets InFamous soon, I'll probably get it this week and get MGS V at a later time.

xboxmegafan likes this

The game looking sick.  I am so damn jealous of you PS4 owners.  I will be getting a PS4 when Uncharted 4 is announced.  I sure hope we see it at E3 2014!

iEsaias and Conor like this

I got lucky on a day trip to London, popped into Game and picked up a copy of Infamous, went to the check out and the manager offered me a pre-owned copy, still sealed.

Someone had bought a console package with it bundled and didn't want it :) That saved a tenner, lol.

Star Wars HQ and Conor like this

Awesome game platinumed is sunday

Never played any of the infamous titles, but I did watch a "infamous series in 5 min" video to catch up just in case I may miss something, and it helped a little in terms of the lore.

Overall the game is really fun, I beat it once so far, going to work on a second play through and then work on "100%" for the game/trophies, which, is UNHEARD of from me until now.

First time Playstation owner after picking up my PS4 at launch. I've been waiting months for a title like this. I've picked up CoD, Killzone, all the free games with PSN, NFS, and AC4. I loved AC4 after picking it up at launch but before long, I 100 percented the game and had nothing left to do. So Killzone was next and it was visually impressive, the gameplay and story was very meh. Made a mistake by picking up NFS after that, there was no story or motivation to keep playing. I played a few of the free games with PSN whenever they came out. Resogun was very fun but I'm not a hugely competitive guy when it comes to video games so replay value meant little to me. Dead Nation is pretty cool too but I didn't care for Outlast or Don't Starve. 

Then finally, The first big non-launch window PS4 exclusive. I had some concerns since I haven't played the previous games in the inFamous franchise. I went in with little expectations and I loved every second of it, minus a few spots here and there and game mechanic issues. I beat it over the weekend and now working on getting all the collectibles and such. Now this is a rarity for me but I'm going to play through it again but take the good karma path after I'm done with that. Totally worth getting it. Next big purchase is looking like MLB: The Show '14 then Watch Dogs.

I have played them all so far and I bought Second Son.

Conor likes this

i buy it and start playing it on Friday and now i already beat it twice, once with good karma and the other one with evil karma in Expert Difficulty, also already got all collectibles and trophies, this is the first game that i got a platinum trophy and i really happy with it, even after already doing everything there is to do on the game i keep playing it non stop, so in other words this game is a must have for PS4 owners :D

How long is the game btw?  I imagine it would fluctuate but compared to other open world games, including side activities, how long do you think it is?

I have been playing for 2 days now, many hours per day. And i currently sit at 47% complete. And i am doing everything i can find along the way. Everything on the map.

i would say it took me 24 to 30 hours to complete the game, and for complete the game i mean getting all trophies, the story it self should be like 12 to 15 hours a lot less if  you rushed like i did the second time

i played the first 2 games, and i think they're amazing. i think i should play infamouse second son soon. it looks great. but i don't know why some people on joe's stream chat today said this game is bad, boring,...

The average time completed is 10 hours, with completionists finishing in 19.5 hours. Because of how short it is, I'm just going to rent it or wait till its free on PS Plus. I have a rule for myself where 1 dollar >= 1 hour. 60 dollar game =/= 25 +/- 5 hours for me. The only exception is when its a game you could constantly play over and over again, but this doesn't look the case. http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16606

Game length doesn't really make me decide on the game, anyway with the trophies Finish with Good Karma and Finish with Bad Karma, I will probably get double the length of the game anyway.

noyram23 and T33-Kahn like this

The average time completed is 10 hours, with completionists finishing in 19.5 hours. Because of how short it is, I'm just going to rent it or wait till its free on PS Plus. I have a rule for myself where 1 dollar >= 1 hour. 60 dollar game =/= 25 +/- 5 hours for me. The only exception is when its a game you could constantly play over and over again, but this doesn't look the case. http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16606

You sure put a lot of thought into buying your games haha, it's double that if you go for both sides. I'll post how long many hours it took me to finish when I do.

Kind Regards,

Tsukyomi.