• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Moray

Did i do the right thing?

55 posts in this topic

So recently I've been playing a game called The Quest for mighty epic loot and I've stirred up quite a bit of hate, and anger>

it being in open beta I was trying to do what i can to "Break" the game within the game without using external software, while doing this i found a glitch, one that not only broke the replays for the castles(when you attack you get to re-watch the attack) but break the AI completely meaning you can just walk though the game without any worry other than the constant creativity that is this:

The Mighty Firebomb trap

By testing the ways of doing this i attacked several people of all levels(in all areas of the map that i had unlocked, and AI Castles) to test if it in fact worked everywhere on everything

this lead to a few people getting butt hurt over not being able to watch said replays and "how is this level 25 beating my 28 castle hax0rs)

now take into consideration, I have over 200 hours played on this game to date(i was playing in closed beta and now in open) so i would consider myself to be a semi decent player, and I spent somewhere between 4 or so hours figuring out how to perfectly do the glitch and testing if there was any other ways to do it, after reporting it to the support via there ticket system, so that i could confirm how to do it so they would have a better knowledge of how to fix it (the method I had turned out to be a UI Lag bug which was in fact patched last patch).

there were thread made about me, "Hacks, Moray hacks, dem haks erry dae" this lead to people sending me and my family death threats, in the game and on other social media's so I gave up and quit posting on there forums and opened tickets to the support about being harassed.

Now the issue that arised was that there was a group of legitimate hackers running ammuck, now me being the first person to find a glitch that broke the replays, i was deemed the "ring leader" on the forums, so all of the hate was directed at me, so right now i want to keep playing the game, but when you have countless people harassing you about things that happened over a short period of time, its so frustrating that i just want to smash something.

From all the crap that's happened over the last few days about this, i feel like i should of just left it, so that people would get off my ass about it, and leave me alone, but then the problem would still persist one step closer to its full release...

I feel like i did the right thing, but the hate and crap people said was unjust,

What do you guys think, did i do the right thing? or should i just of shut up and left this bug there for some one else to find.

I know this is a bit of a odd post, but i felt like venting it somewhere.

attached is an assortment of some of the emails, Comments, etc with dates. 

Thanks for reading.

post-46273-0-33855900-1395813693_thumb.p

I see what you mean.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239220/discussions/1/558751364461105774/

Have you tried to explain this to the forums? At all?

Gotta be extra careful with competitive games. People can get dumb as fuck. Tread carefully next time you want to test something out. Like ask permission or give a heads up or an IOU. Something.

Although this is a beta, so they can just get over themselves.

If you do explain yourself, pick your words wisely. You already have a bad reputation. But at this point, what do you have to lose?

Besides, what are they going to do? Fly all the way to New Zealand and find you? Worse comes to worse, block/ignore them.

Granted, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm with Sol Omega on this one, you should have told someone about this glitch like a dev team member or something, but i do understand why you did it.  

Sol Omega and Moray like this

I see what you mean.

Gotta be extra careful with competitive games. People can get dumb as fuck. Tread carefully next time you want to test something out. Like ask permission or give a heads up or an IOU. Something.

If you do explain yourself, pick your words wisely. You already have a bad reputation. But at this point, what do you have to lose?

Besides, what are they going to do? Fly all the way to New Zealand and find you? Worse comes to worse, block/ignore them.

This, just a 100% this.

I'm with Sol Omega on this one, you should have told someone about this glitch like a dev team member or something, but i do understand why you did it.  

I did report it, i opened a ticket about the UI lag, then updated it with the information about the bug, Which is the only way at the time i could find to contact there dev's privately

I see what you mean.

Yeah i tried explaining it, i doubt my forum post was sufficient in there eyes, but ive messaged Ubisoft about it a couple of times, and yeah I have defiantly learned something from this mistake, a huge percentage of the people i attacked to test this issue with, I re-attacked them and lost on purpose to return there "crowns" which is the score for the ranking system, there not much else I can do other than respond to Ubisoft when they contact me again, if they choose to.

thanks guys for your comments :)

So pretty much, i did right, but could of done better? or somthing along those lines

I did report it, i opened a ticket about the UI lag, then updated it with the information about the bug, Which is the only way at the time i could find to contact there dev's privately

Yeah i tried explaining it, i doubt my forum post was sufficient in there eyes, but ive messaged Ubisoft about it a couple of times, and yeah I have defiantly learned something from this mistake, a huge percentage of the people i attacked to test this issue with, I re-attacked them and lost on purpose to return there "crowns" which is the score for the ranking system, there not much else I can do other than respond to Ubisoft when they contact me again, if they choose to.

thanks guys for your comments :)

So pretty much, i did right, but could of done better? or somthing along those lines

still, its pretty rude for the devs to call you a hacker for simply doing what anyone would do in a open beta, find glitchs, see what they do and report it, also you did the right thing when you "lost" on purpose to return their crowns, lets just hope ubisoft replys back to you. oh yeah, you're welcome 

The Idea was right, the execution was wrong. In the future, try to contact the developers first with what you wish to do and then only do it with the permission of other players (don't attack unknowing people's castles with a glitch/cheat).

Good job at finding such an exploit, and I'm glad you've taken steps to fix the mistakes made along the way.

I ended up posting a thread on the forums about it, appologising for going about it wrong, also i stated on how to properly report bugs and people for illicit actions, it has 8 unique user posts, 193 views, and only One post is some one understanding the situation, and im leaving it at that.

Thank you guys for your comments, your opinions on that matter mean a lot :)

ofFireandStone and 2ofSpades like this

Well fuck me then, Why try when they just smash my face into the mud for helping, Wasted money trying out there buyable content too, fantastic.
7N8hb.png

Did you check the EULA? If it sounds shady then it's probably covered in the EULA. I do understand the need to be precise in bug reports too but using it against other people will piss 'em off. Wasn't this game single player(or pve) though?

Sent an email to support (not an angry one, I assure you), for all the good that may do. I hope they'll realize their mistake.

Well fuck me then, Why try when they just smash my face into the mud for helping, Wasted money trying out there buyable content too, fantastic.

7N8hb.png

In other words, the amount of raging posts you were being given or posts that were being directed towards you forced them to ban you, just to silent the masses

The masses are apathetic and silent already, this was a vocal minority... God my required reading is starting to seep into the forums.

Cap0bvious likes this

Could just have given you a re-name.

Keep in contact with them and stay on top of your ticket, you might be able to get unbanned.

Hopefully, they're not Nexon NA.

This whole situation is a whole lotta fuck ups on both sides honestly...

Imho though they are most at fault though right now for how they are handling the situation.

The game is in a "beta", meaning that you are to try and find bugs and get them fixed before full release...

Ahh this reminds me of (and no I'm not terribly proud of this game lol) Scarlet Blade FTP MMO...I got banned...because I witnessed a bug, recorded it when ppl led me through it and this was not beta, but I was like wow they should fix this sorta thing and I was just following ppl who said hey this is better let me show you how...and I was like ok hang on...so I got screencapture proggie up and said, "ok so how do you make this easier?" and they showed me...and when I reported the bug....nothing was done, except for I got banned because one of the players knew someone and I told them it needed to be fixed and I was going to send in some info about it. Well I mean what would you do with gamebreaking unfair bugs right

[br]

Yeah banned...it was kinda a crappy game, long grind, a bit of fun when I was bored...but sometimes trying to help is all about the way you help...and if someone knows someone and you don't...well they say it's who ya know n blow or something like that o.o sucks you got banned over it but yeah I have to agree with the execution on unsuspecting players but I agree with reporting such things, but two sides to the coin so many like to cheat sometimes that you can get banned for telling ppl you are reporting the bug if enough ppl or just the right one hears about it or if they happened to be involved and used the bug/exploit, but yeah if you try it out then report it or they have a crappy system like tickets for issues rather than being able to call down a csr to show them...well I see why ya did it,

[br]

No good deed goes unpunished.

the only way im going to get unbanned if they choose to "give me another chance" or i can find evidence that somthing was causing issiues that "threw up flags" of me breaking the rules

two quotes from two different members of there support

Aside from the many replays we have of your suspicious activity, there is also evidence that you were circumcenenting the game engine. The only evidence you could really provide would be to show that you have software that throws up a false flag that you are changing the game engine, but that does not give you an advantage. You would also have to show a reason that your replays show suspicious activity that is unrelated to a hack. 

It has always been made clear to the players that abusing a bug is cheating and any bug detected should be reported to our teams by submitting a ticket to the support. 

Please note that the terms of use apply to any game in beta testing. This means that even when playing a game in Open Beta, you are not allowed to exploit known bugs to gain an unfair advantage on other players, as explained previously, nor can you use any third party program to cheat. 

So, to find evidence to prove my innocents i have to replicate the bug, after its been patched, on my perm banned account, and find software that throws up flags in there logs, who knows what i have running on my desktop, it never gets turned off :S

I have no knowledge of any software i have running that could cause this to happen, and pretty much i need to make a new account and actually try and break the game again.

Im just going to keep responding to there tickets and try to sort this out myself, but i guess my days on this game are over, i dont feel like its worth the effort trying to play it anymore, its just so frustrating Ugh.

edit: now the person i quoted here said

As for your explanation of investigating a bug, I do not any support tickets in the old or the new system reporting this bug. Do you have a Reference number to the ticket in which you reported this bug?

and the ticket has been removed and its subject changed to "[Duplicate] 01139586"

sorry for the weird editing on one of the text as i copied it right from the page.

7N8hb.png

If they're going to ban you from a product just because people abused you on forums, I'd personally ask for a refund or contact Consumer Affairs. If they're not going to listen to reason, at least try to solve the problem yourself.

GenesisKiller96 likes this

i have already asked them about that

As explained previously, we cannot change your username for technical reasons. According to our terms of sales, which you agreed to upon purchasing content from the Mighty Quest shop, there cannot be any refund as all sales are final: https://www.themightyquest.com/en/terms_of_sale/united_kingdom

they said no

I somewhat disagree with SOL, this is a beta READ TORTURE TEST the very purpose is to break the game til it can't be broken anymore, he did the right thing and Ubisoft is an ass.

Cap0bvious likes this

I somewhat disagree with SOL, this is a beta READ TORTURE TEST the very purpose is to break the game til it can't be broken anymore, he did the right thing and Ubisoft is an ass.

And people (read: Ubisoft) can be dumb as fuck...

And people (read: Ubisoft) can be dumb as fuck...

Yeah, I can understand some people are bothered by it, but people have to realize a beta test is just that, a test. The purpose is to make sure things work, and identify when and why they don't. Plus he apparently lost to the people he won against using the bug thus returning their lost position (whatever those crowns are) which means the only reason they have to be angry about it (considering he explained the matter to them) is their wounded pride.

Sol Omega likes this

I agree with this a thousand times. Contact New Zealand Consumer Affairs and complain that Ubisoft is breaching consumer protection laws by refusing to provide a refund to you.

Edit: I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice. In a perfect world I wouldn't need to mention this

I agree with this a thousand times. Contact New Zealand Consumer Affairs and complain that Ubisoft is breaching consumer protection laws by refusing to provide a refund to you.

Edit: I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice. In a perfect world I wouldn't need to mention this

If I had the money and legal clout I'd fight them on it.

Sadly that's not the case, and in a perfect world it wouldn't come down to that anyway. (which is why perfect worlds don't exist, because they're too perfect)

In the end I guess at least someone who buys the game will benefit from this, provided Ubisoft fixed the bug.

Pretty lame that they banned you for reporting the bug in the end, if you wanted too you could've been a douche and kept it a secret and they would've never known, plus it's beta so they should be praising you. Sorry this happened my friend I hope you didn't lose too much time or money.

Kind Regards,

Tsukyomi.