• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jackschmit

Researching - gotta unlock 'em all

9 posts in this topic

When researching, researching more then 1 trait for a specific item slot takes twice as long each time. so if your focusing on Fire staff researches for wood working, the 1st trait Is 6 hours, then 12 for the 2nd, 24 for the 3rd. I have not researched a 4th for any skill i beta but i would say it is safe to assume a pattern emerges.

Therefore I think it would be wise for us to POST what TRAIT we are researching, for which skill. And if possible when said research shall be completed. For example:  <Dark Elf, Blacksmith 1 handed Sword Powered (reduce cooldown of weapon Enchantments)> or

<Imperial, Tailoring Shoulder Light Armor Well-Fitted (reduce sprint Cost)>  <High Elf, Tailoring Head Medium Armor Exploration (increases Exploration Exp)>

By doing this we should be able to, as a guild, unlock all weapons and armor traits quickly. Then we can craft items for guild mates and sell whatever people request as we please. Once we have a decent stock of Styles and traits the info can be compressed into a smaller list for quickly finding everything you need.I know that people will unlock more style books as we go and the style part will become useless, BUT when i played beta I never saw ANY crafting books so I shall not hold my breath for them.

From my understanding it is safe for a player to take 2 crafting skills without losing too many skill points to level class/weapon skills so my intent is to take up Woodworking and Tailoring so that I can keep my own gear crafted as I level.

Colour code should be used for Crafting skill so that people can quickly see the skill they are looking for,

Clothing, Woodworking, blacksmithing

I'm just gonna keep editing my post so that there isn't a bunch of pointless replies

I'll be taking Blacksmithing myself, being a Heavy Armor-ed character.

Special tip for my blacksmithing friends: You can exract materials from items such as weapons, armor and ore through extraction for crafting materials if you're low on just ore.

Good idea for the community! Count me in. I plan to be focusing on making metal weapons, swords mostly.

Looking forward to the collective effort of AJSA crafters.

last updated  May 22nd 2014

I can be found in game @Jackschmit

LIST OF TRAITS

Powered=1, Charged=2, Precise=3, Infused=4 Defending=5, Training=6 Sharpened=7 Weighted=8

Sturdy=A, Impenetrable= B, Reinforced=C, Well-Fitted=D, Training=E, Infused=F, Exploration=G, Divines=H

Woodworking - Styles: Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf, Breton, Argonian, Orc, Nord, Redguard, Khajiit, Imperial

Bow - 1, 2, 3, 6, 8

Shield- B, C, E, F

Fire Staff - 3, 4, 5

Healing Staff - 1, 2, 5, 8

Frost Staff - 2, 5

Lightning Staff - 1, 2, 5, 7, 8

Clothing: Medium - Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf, Breton, Argonian, Orc, Nord, Redguard, Khajiit, Imperial

Head- D, C

Chest - B, C, D, E, F

Shoulders - A, D, F, G

Hands - G, F

Belt - A, D, F, G

Legs - D, F, G

Boots - A, D, F, G, H

Clothing: Light - Styles: Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf, Breton, Argonian, Orc, Nord, Redguard, Khajiit, Imperial

Head- D, F, G

Chest - A, B, C, E, F, G

Shoulders - F, H

Hands - C, F, H

Belt - F, G, H

Legs - B, D, G

Boots - A, D, F, G, H

Blacksmith (whenever I get around to it) - Styles:

I'm really wanting to get into this for sure!  I'm doing Woodworking for Staffs, bow, and shields.  Also working on Light armor, dealing with light, and medium armor.  Please send me Motivs, and crafting items.  List anything that you would like made as well!  I really wanted to start helping out everyone in the guild with these crafts!  Add me as a friend as well!  @KnightHeart  

Thank you for your time,

Liglerien KnightHeart

Hey guys this is @TheManOfSteel most of you know me as Element and have been supplying me with numerous supplies and I am grateful for that I am mastering in

Clothing and Blacksmithing and would love to make anyone gear/weapons if they need it so just mail me or whisper me in game some kind of contact and I'll get started ASAP :)

I have 2 toons at the moment @g.dogboy73

Blacksmithing I have:

Dagger - Precise

Axe - Weighted, Precise

Woodworking:

Bow - Infused

Healing staff - Infused, Defending

Shield - Reinforced

Clothier

Light gloves - Training

Medium chest - Well fitted

I am also contemplating creating a crafter gatherer toon because each increase in a crafting skill is one less in a combat skill, so if you want to be able to craft that veteran rank 10 gear, spot the ore from 40m away, have some little dude email you goddies, eincrease your chance of extracting useable materials, research to your heart's content and increase chance of using a temper..... That's 23 less skill points you can put into your beating-the-heck-out-of-people tree.

I am unsure how many skill points you can amass in the game and I appreciate that you can only use a total of 12 skills at once but I am likely to want to be able to swap out skills as I need them.

What are your thoughts on a dedicated crafting toon?

Jackschmit likes this

I see no point in a dedicated crafting toon. Word is that there is more then enough skill points to still 2 crafting skills on a toon. with the current number of skills, you can make just 3 or 4 toons taking a skill or 2 to unlock them all, then on other characters you create you can make then "Gathering" toons, where you just focus points on the ability to spot resources.