• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mobius624

WILDSTAR OR ESO?

WILDSTAR OR ESO VOTE here!   63 members have voted

1. 1. WILDSTAR OR Elder Scrolls Online.. Which will you be playing?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

I bought ESO and am currently playing it. I also have WildStar pre-ordered. Both games appeal to different players. I like ESO but I'm finding myself not as invested as I thought I would be. I find myself doing other things instead of playing ESO when I have the time. Maybe I just need to level up higher to get into the "good stuff" but who knows.

I have high hopes for WildStar. I loved Vanilla WoW, it was the best and WildStar seems to take what made it fun and improved on it. I like the cartoonish graphics and the game play videos I've seen just seem like the game is very smooth. Can't wait til it comes out.

I got about a month and a half to play ESO and then try WildStar when it comes out. After the free month expires, I should have played both games long enough to decide which one is for me.

After the ESO beta I knew the game just wasn't going to be worth it for me. I played in some of the first Wildstar betas too and it was such a dull game but I got a free beta weekend code for last weeks beta and figured I'd see what's been up with the game. Wow, totally turn around for me. Had a good amount of fun and while who knows what might happen in the long term it hooked me enough that now I think it's worth the pre-order.

I would most likely get WIldstar, but I just bought Fire Emblem: Awakening, and now I have to save up for Destiny, Dragon age Inquisition, and tomodachi life. Oh and lets not forget the Sims 4. 

*cries*

Must Increase COLLECTION 

RARHHRHRHR

Dyzzles likes this

Yeah I retired my ESO account already :/ I'm leaning now towards Wildstar because at least it looks like it knows it's an MMO so will maybe feel like one. Playing the beta this weekend to decide if it's a buy.

The best videos I have found online for Wildstar gameplay is buy a guy named FEVIR just youtube his name and subscribe.....those of you still on the fence about wildstar his videos may help...

Also I would like to know what you guys think about Elder Scrolls Online this far after launch...I have buddies that play and I see them playing other games on steam rather than ESO....Just want to know if that has been the story for the most part for the average player..thanks guys

Personally I haven't played ESO, I've seen gameplay footage, I've read/watched reviews, and I conclude that not buying it was a good choice. The game looks bland, even for an Elder Scrolls game. There's nothing really that pops out and sais "hey, come and play me, I'm fun". I'm not saying it's substandard for an MMO (it probably is though), it just looks generic. I feel that if I played that game, I'd be bored within the first 2 hours.

I played Wildstar during this beta weekend, sometimes alone, sometimes with other AJSA people. It was fun, unique and peaked my interest. Sure, the classes are "familiar", but they all have a certain spice added to it. The UI is kind of Guild Wars'y but again, with some added flavor. And not to mention the whole setting is something completely different. The only game that has slightly similar story is Borderlands, but it's still different enough to not be comparable. Wildstar is just through and through about the fun.

-Do you like costumizing everything about your character(appearance and housing)? Here! Have some fun!
-Do you enjoy flashy combat and fast paced attacks? Here! Have some fun!
-Are you worried about lack of end-game content? Well you see, due to our delay of launching the game we have a years worth of it! So have some fun!

I'll admit, it's not perfect. PvP looks pretty standard for MMO's and questin is pretty much similar to what most games do. And the game kinda overwhelms you when you first start playing. But the game is a breath of fresh air in this stagnant game genre. I do feel for those who just spent 80 dollars on ESO only to play it for a week or two. But I'd still ask you not to give up on MMO's and give Wildstar a try. It's just plain and simple fun, and isn't that all we need from games?

King Axper likes this

I have played both of them and I think that both of them are not that special. Ok maybe Wildstar is slightly better than ESO.

Seriously I am a Elder Scrolls fan and I loved the idea of Elder Scrolls Online. I have played the beta and there were lots of bugs to be honest. Being an optimist i thought that after launch the game will atleast be playable. Which was not the case, it felt like i was still in Beta. It was to be expected, i mean every game is a bit buggy at the launch day ( but this one was over the top ). I think i will wait at least 6 month to a year before going back to ESO.

I have participated in few Beta weekends of Wildstar and yeh it is beter than ESO's Beta weekend, overall beter game design etc. 
But it does not have that special something that i am looking for in MMORPG. 

I have played WoW since vanilla and i can't find that same magic that same experiance in other MMO's, i am sadley disapointed

I have participated in few Beta weekends of Wildstar and yeh it is beter than ESO's Beta weekend, overall beter game design etc. 

But it does not have that special something that i am looking for in MMORPG. 

I have played WoW since vanilla and i can't find that same magic that same experiance in other MMO's, i am sadley disapointed

It's funny you mention this, because a lot of people I've talked to has said exactly that Wildstar gives them the same feeling of Vanilla WoW. And I tend to agree, but yea, different opinions and all that.

Most people who have negative comments never made it to the dungeons at level 20 plus. The game really picks up momentum at that point where anything can kill you if you do not pay attention. I highly recommend any skeptics to play the open beta to level 20 and do 1 dungeon. If you still do not enjoy the game then you won't.

Koden02 likes this

I choose.....I choose........BOTH

37599796.jpg

I was never a big MMO fan for the longest time. I can actually say I never played a single second of WoW, but now I'm starting to get into them more and more. Plus having a job to pay for subscription fees makes them easier to continue playing. I've played ESO for about two weeks and from everything in the PvE environment, I love it. While the voice acting is not A+ all the way through, the stories and quests are very creative and makes me feel like I am impacting the world around me.

Playing ESO, I can see why MMOs can be very addicting to people. As for Wildstar, I played the beta this past weekend and LOVED it. The combat, the UI, the quests, PvP, housing, etc. It all felt fantastic and I enjoyed the fine line between silly and serious. It had a good mixture and I truly enjoyed every second.

There is no way I can just play one or the other, so I will be playing both! I'm always up for playing with anyone that wants to even though grouping in ESO sucks right now...

~HLR68

You are more than welcome to join us when wildstar launches. We will be playing exiles on the server Widow. I too am having alot of fun with wildstar and want to share this awesome game with anyone who may enjoy it too.

I wonder why there isn't a both option on the poll given how many people seem like they'd choose it.

Having experience both games in beta, Wildstar to me is a stronger game overall. The combat feels like a nice upgrade from what we have seen. The art style, which I love immensely is something that reminds me of Ratchet & Clank/Jak and Daxter (Cannot wait for the movie for Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank). The banter and view of the world is set in a sci fi fantasy peppered with jokes that hit and pockets of mature content. The housing has me pumped coming from a guy who would city build back in Star Wars Galaxies. And finally with the telegraph system, skill shooting someone in PvP will be heart pounding fun. We will see how Carbine holds to the ever need to release content but for me I am playing at launch. 

I played bata for both of them and agree with Seph ESO dose feel more for player that would enjoy PvP and WS feels more story driven and  is more PvE (even tho it feels like EvP with everything trying to kill you  ;)). Another note ESO has a lot of voice acting and it's well done, where WS has little voice acting, nothing much, more reading for missions. But when it dose it defanlty worth hearing and it has a lot of humor at times and a lot of interaction with the world. When it comes down to it I guess it depends on if you want a Fantasy MMO or a SiFi MMO the choice is yours. If you have the chance try them both out and see what you like the most.

What I've heard WS barely has a story at all.

Wildstar is super fun. The only problem I've had while playing the open beta was crafting was broken but they patched that.

The only people that have problems with wildstar are the people who have not played it or they only did the tutorial zones.

Open beta is up until Sunday. Get in the game and form your own opinion rather than listening to people have not even played the game.

The only people that have problems with wildstar are the people who have not played it or they only did the tutorial zones.

Open beta is up until Sunday. Get in the game and form your own opinion rather than listening to people have not even played the game.

That is usually an issue though, you have to make a better tutorial/start or people just get turned away.

The people who don't like it is because it is too easy. Its a tutorial in every sense of the word.