• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

39 posts in this topic

WrestleMania_XXX_banner.jpg

Wrestlemania XXX is this Sunday, hosted by Hulk Hogan and featuring matches such as Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker and Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H.

I follow this stuff and I'm mostly looking forward to the show, but there are a few problems I have with the matches on the card and WWE's shaky storytelling over the past few months.

Anyone going to be watching the show? It's going to be on Pay-Per-View and also on WWE's new online service WWE Network. I believe the first week of WWE Network is free, so if that promotion is still up there will probably be a lot of people who sign up just to watch Wrestlemania and then cancel payment before the trial expires. I'm also concerned that the high stream volume will crash the network and I'll be screwed out of watching the PPV, this happened last month and I don't know if WWE is prepared for Wrestlemania-level traffic.

Thoughts anyone?

BloodshotFenrir likes this

I've got a feeling Triple H's golden shovel is gonna bury 3 wrestlers on that night, and John Cena is gonna bury one the best Heel's I've seen in a long time in the WWE. I am looking forward to Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker, should be a decent match (booking for this match has been terrible though) Daniel Bryan is going to buried, call me a cynic but Triple H just loves to involve himself in the main event even when he's "retired", and try's to use the current "hot shit" to put himself over even more, sounds a lot like Cena, who can not wrestle for hot toast and the WWE keeps shoving down our throats, he's pretty much Lex Luger 2.0.

I feel like the build-up to Wrestlemania 30 has been terrible, I've not had any or seen any "shit's gonna get real at Mania" moments, the booking has been pretty bad for quite a few matches, it's a shame as I love wrestling and I just feel Mania 30 is gonna be pretty lackluster compared to previous Mania's,  Hopefully in the Main event if "The Cerebral-ah Assassin-ah" wins, we see a crowd reaction similar to Wrestlmania 20's with Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg. There's a lot to discuss with this, sorry if this was a rant-ish to anyone reading :)

Aquila and Sol Omega like this

Im actually quite worried that Lesnar might have a chance in defeating the Streak.

Yeah I pretty much agree that the booking and hype for this match has been pretty terrible. And yeah I'm worried about Cena burying Bray Wyatt at the show. I mean Cena's lost at Wrestlemania before, but I think management is gonna put him over since they don't have much else going for them other than the Streak match and the WWE Heavyweight Title match.

Though speaking of that match, talk about a botched return. I dunno if they were planning on having Batista become a heel, but there's really no other way they could've rolled with the reaction to his Royal Rumble victory. If Daniel Bryan doesn't beat Triple H, I can see this being a turning point for a lot of fans as well as the setup for a horrible Triple Threat title match. Two heels in a main event is bad enough, three is worse. I expect people to start walking out unless they put the Undertaker's match dead last.

Undertaker's match is always the best of any Wrestlemania's though, and with Brock Lesnar I fully expect an explosive and physical competition. Though I'm 9/10ths sure that Undertaker will still win. They're just never gonna end the streak. But if there's one guy who can do it, Brock's definitely the guy.

Yeah I pretty much agree that the booking and hype for this match has been pretty terrible. And yeah I'm worried about Cena burying Bray Wyatt at the show. I mean Cena's lost at Wrestlemania before, but I think management is gonna put him over since they don't have much else going for them other than the Streak match and the WWE Heavyweight Title match.

Though speaking of that match, talk about a botched return. I dunno if they were planning on having Batista become a heel, but there's really no other way they could've rolled with the reaction to his Royal Rumble victory. If Daniel Bryan doesn't beat Triple H, I can see this being a turning point for a lot of fans as well as the setup for a horrible Triple Threat title match. Two heels in a main event is bad enough, three is worse. I expect people to start walking out unless they put the Undertaker's match dead last.

Undertaker's match is always the best of any Wrestlemania's though, and with Brock Lesnar I fully expect an explosive and physical competition. Though I'm 9/10ths sure that Undertaker will still win. They're just never gonna end the streak. But if there's one guy who can do it, Brock's definitely the guy.

Wow....you really summed up my thoughts and added more detail to it........

Pretty much, it's always annoyed me with the WWE, is they bury sooooooo much Talent on their roster, Dolph Ziggler for instance, he's got raw charisma, he's a mix of Shawn Michaels and Edge pretty much, but he keeps getting shoved to mid card or lower, no matter how many pops he gets. I would love for Brock Lesnar to win, but I think that they'll either let Undertaker retire with the streak intact, or they'll let newer, and/or young wrestlers beat the streak, I think Roman Reigns is great for it, he's got that charm and build, and the WWE is building him up to be the next "guy" in the WWE(Thank god he is no Rybotch). Personally I prefer Seth Rollins in The Shield but Roman Reigns is the next guy and would be great if, once he get's more experience and built-up to where a booking for this type of match makes perfect sense, let Reigns beat the streak, pushing him and getting him over more than he is now.

Im actually quite worried that Lesnar might have a chance in defeating the Streak.

^This. |:

Sol Omega likes this

As you can probably guess. I won't be too happy if Cena beats Bray Wyatt. But he lost to The Rock before and that barely hurt him. So he could lose to Wyatt. My guess is if he does lose, it's going to be because the Harper and Rowan get involved. 

Undertaker vs. Lesnar - Unless it's some "new blood" the streak isn't going to end. The only reason to watch it is because Undertaker's Wrestlemania maters are always 5-star worthy. I could see someone like Bray for example, ending it. Plus a feud between the two would be awesome.  

WWEWHC -Bryan will beat Triple H, then beat Orton and Batista. As usual the same people who complained about Bryan not being in the title match will still complain because of how "predictable" it will be.  

Divas cluster**** - Who gives a crap? AJ wins.

Tag Championships - Hopefully Real Americans will win and get the titles off the Bella Twi-er I mean Uso's. They're the only team that deserves it right now.

Shield vs. Kane/NAO - Ironically I don't like the Shield since the turned face. They were ridiculously better as heels, and the should have broken up a long time ago(like Survivor Series). I find Reigns to be ridiculously overrated as well. I have a feeling they may break up after this though. Maybe Rollins & Ambrose turn on Reigns. 

Superstar Cluster****(I.E Andre Battle Royal) - I'm guessing a surprise entrant. Vladimir Koz-er I mean Ivan Drag- no, uh....Alexander Rusev? Yeah him.   

Can't say the build up has been that bad. Atleast it's not as bad as lat year. Which I do go to btw. 

Also fyi; WWE did stop the free trial of the network last week so people can't do what TC was saying(get "free trial" to watch Wrestlemania for free).

Yeah I think The Shield probably would've done better if they broke up instead of turned face. Also I think Roman Reigns is good. He's got a lot of talent and charisma, and being from the Anoa'i family always helps. I did like the surprise twist they had when Seth Rollins suddenly turned his back on the Shield, I thought Ambrose would've been like a 'tweener and Reigns would've gone face while Rollins went heel. But nah, you had to make them all faces. Whatevs.

Bray Wyatt's gimmick has had me hooked since I first saw it. Sort of a mix between southern preacher and Cthulhu cultist. I kinda wish his lackeys had more personality, but Luke Harper is actually pretty good on the microphone too. But I really hope that if Bray beats Cena, it isn't due to interference. I think that undermines the wrestler's push if you make it seem like he can't win on his own strengths.

Also I've stopped paying attention to the Divas division ever since they did that fart gimmick with Natalya. She's the daughter of one half of the HART FOUNDATION and the only thing you could think for her to do is fart awkwardly in promos? Real mature. AAA screenwriting. AJ does have talent, but WWE seems to not have any interest in building up the Divas other than in their reality show...

...which isn't that bad I guess. I mean it's bad and it's not wrestling, but it's okay.

But what happened to badasses like Chyna, Lita, and Trish Stratus. Back in the 90s women were capable of being sexy AND competing on-par with men. Now it's all "don't hurt them, they're made of plastic!" And shame on them for hiding Tamina behind AJ Lee as well. Yet another daughter of a legendary wrestler hidden behind bad writing.

I'm going to be watching it on WWE Network, provided that it doesn't crash due to traffic.

One of the main reasons I'll be watching is made rather apparent from my avatar.

Thus far they've only revealed 26 of the competetors in the Andre match, and considering that Punk, real life, is a goal oriented guy, it might be a ploy to lure him back. Though I'll admit that he's more valuable to the WWE gone. I mean, he's sold me on a PPV that he might not even be in, right? XD

Other than that I think all the matches have rather predictable outcomes, but that's not really a problem for me.

THe question is, will those predictable outcomes be enjoyable enough to watch or not.

As for The Shield turning Face, I don't have a problem with that actually. I'm kinda tired of always seeing teams break up the minute they go into a losing streak and then entering singles competition. That's one of the reasons that the Tag division has suffered until recently. That and management throwing two random people together tohold the titles for a bit and ignoring the teams that are actually teams.

Tag Teams should break up eventually. Maybe it's too soon for the Shield, but I think the Real Americans should've broken up a while ago. Antonio Cesaro is an insanely talented performer, and pairing him with Jack Swagger is doing nothing but holding him back at this point. I think Cesaro is World Heavyweight Champion material.

Also, the WWE merging the belts should have elevated the two minors-division singles belts to more prominence, but they've done absolutely nothing with the IC and US Champions in the past months. Who is the IC Champion, Big E Langston? I don't remember the last time he defended his championship. And Dean Ambrose should've lost the belt when Mark Henry had to get triple-teamed in order for Ambrose to retain it due to champion's advantage.

Yeah, I figured when they dropped his first name and "repackaged" him as Cesaro they were headed for a breakup. Not certain why they haven't yet.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Real Amercians, but the only reason they're even a thing is so Swagger doesn't have to be on mic. You only need one other guy for that, and Ceasro doesn't talk much anyway.

If they hadn't merged the two major titles, Ceasro would be holding one right now I believe.

Big E is the IC Champion and he has had title defenses, but I believe they've all been on Main Event since it was taken off air and added to WWE Network.

Still, he has had more defenses than Ambrose. They may as well not even have a US Title if it's never going to be defended.

Thing I don't get is that management is clearly aware of how stupid it is, else JBL wouldn't be lampshading it week after week. So why has nothing been done one way or the other?

My mind on Brock Lesnar has been changed more than once.

When he first appeared I thought "oh joy, another big guy that's going to squash everything .... haven't seen that before *cough*Goldberg*cough*" but it turns out he was actually pretty decent.

Then he moved from WWE to another sport I absolutely love .... MMA. I thought "christ is this guy going to suck camels anus, he'll get beat to shit" and he proved me wrong again. He grew on me there too.

So I quite like Brock and wouldn't be too bothered if he did get booked to beat the streak.

I'll go on record, and upset some folks in the process, and say that he SHOULD beat it. Taker, as much as he is loved by a lot of people, is so past it he can only manage to wrestle one match a year. His body is completely fucked. He needs to take a loss and retire full time.

Cena and Bray. I'm wanting Bray to win, not because I hate Cena although i'm not a fan, but because ... as someone said above ... he's one of the best heel characters we've seen in WWE for a long time. There hasn't been many heels that people have loved more than some faces. Austin, Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, Piper (well, for me anyway) and Michaels. It would be a shame to have Cena booked to ruin that momentum they have built. 

The Shield v's Old Age Outlaws and what used to be Kane. I can't put into words how wrong this match is. I can't put into words how wrong it is for one of the greatest tag teams in history to have come back as an absolute embarrassment.

Look, I know they like to bring in one of the Legends every so often, take Hogan for example, but they really need to stop. I cringe watching them have that "1 more match" they look slow, they look old and fan service is not worth that shame.

New Age Outlaws were, at one time, absolutely fantastic to watch ... in the attitude era ... now, not only are they looking past it but this new "era" doesn't suit them at all. They look out of place.

Much like when Kevin Nash came back.

This all girl battle royal. Yeah, looks good on paper, army of girls in the ring YAY... I was kinda hoping Tamina and AJ would have split and this would be them 2 going at it. 

Andre the Giant battle royal. Could they have pushed Big Show anymore? I give it to Miz because fuck logic it would be hilarious.

Triple H and Bryan. I'm hoping Bryan wins but with Pauls ego who the hell knows. 

Triple threat championship match..... It's either going to be Bryan or Triple H that wins this. I wanted to cheer Orton on but he's gone from the Viper to the asskisser in recent weeks and I can't stand asskissing even kayfabe asskissing.

I doubt Batista will win though. 

Aquila, Dyzzles and BloodshotFenrir like this

The only reason I'd say Batista isn't going to win the main event is because of his endurance.

He's only had, what, three to four matches since he came back? That first match, he spent 95% of it outside the ring resting.

Granted the last match he was in wasn't quite that bad, but the main reason they made the match a Triple Threat is so he can get his breaks in without the action grinding to a halt. Otherwise that would be an unacceptable main event at any PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.

But in a way it wouldn't surprise me if he did win just as some sort of kickback for coming back to the WWE.

I could see him winning the title at some point in the future, and wouldn't mind seeing it, just ... Not right now, y'know?

The build-up to WrestleMania XXX is the worst I've seen in years, and that's saying something. I really thought they'd go all out for the milestone but no.

Three great talents like The Shield facing some guys who shouldn't be in the ring anymore? Triple H in the main event scene? Randy Orton stopped being entertaining and became the World Arsekissing Champion. I really don't care for Undertaker's match this year either, and I always look forward to those. The only thing that saved the build-up there is Paul Heyman.

And if Batista wins the title...

1563038-fuuuu_re_fffffuuuu_pizza_s508x38

I just cant get into wrestling anymore.  It just stopped being good in the late 90's.  I remember watching a 2 hour show and seeing soooo many matches but now you hardly get any cos of all the pointless talking.  Ok in understand its to set the mood and provide some sort of background to thhe match but come on dont take it too far.

And LOL @ Lesnar he finally noticed he sucked ass in the UFC and went back to the pantomime that is wrestling.  No better place for him.

@Raizurhk: There's a reason they call it "sports entertainment" instead of "wrestling" these days.

The problem is that when you call yourself entertainment, there's the risk of trying too hard to be entertaining.

I think Youtube has taught us all that when someone tries too hard to be entertaining they end up failing at it.

Not even a billion-dollar company is immune.

And LOL @ Lesnar he finally noticed he sucked ass in the UFC and went back to the pantomime that is wrestling.  No better place for him.

He was UFC heavyweight champion.....

Beat Frank Mir, Randy Couture and Shane Carwin. Out of 8 fights he won 5.

I'm going to guess you know nothing about MMA after that comment.

Sol Omega likes this

He was UFC heavyweight champion.....

Beat Frank Mir, Randy Couture and Shane Carwin. Out of 8 fights he won 5.

I'm going to guess you know nothing about MMA after that comment.

And I think, he was undefeated in the UFC for quite some time.

I just watched the WrestleMania pre-show. Very exciting match-up. Fatal 4-Way elimination tag match between The Real Americans, Rybaxel, Los Matadores and The Usos. There were a lot of good spots, I think this ended up better than a match between just two teams could have been. It's a shame these guys didn't make the card and the Divas clusterfuck match did, but that was a good opening for the event.

The Usos retained the titles, but not without a valiant effort from the Real Americans towards the end.

Jack Swagger put the Patriot Lock on Cesaro near the end of the match. Zeb Colter tried to get the two of them on the same page again, but Cesaro turned face and put Swagger in the Giant Swing and walked out.

I'm not going to comment on the matches yet since I don't know how to use spoiler tags.

I liked that one moment in the Bray/Cena match where Bray started taking things off the Mexican Announce Table, and the Mexicans started pointing at the French Table. XD

Good little in-joke without drawing too much attention to it.

Yeah I didn't finish watching it, but I believe I can go back to it on WWE Network and watch the rest of it later. Fingers crossed.

I watched up to the Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena match.

I thought that finish for the Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H match was rubbish, kinda generic. I don't know who will win the Triple Threat for the championship, but my money is not on Bryan. But I hope, I HOPE that I'm wrong.

The Andre the Giant match was okay. Some good spots in there overall, ESPECIALLY from Del Rio and Kofi Kingston. My favorite in the match ended up winning, Antonio Cesaro. I'm glad someone who can actually benefit from this clusterfuck match actually won. The others I would've held out hope for were Xavier Woods, Kingston, Ziggler, Tyson Kidd, and Mysterio (poor, poor Rey.)

Bray vs. Cena. Predictably, Cena won. I didn't doubt that, nor was I fond of that outcome. Bray had an impressive outing though. He actually called his Wyatt Family off several times during the match, and his tactics of unsettling and aggravating Cena seemed to be rattling the former champion. However, predictably, Cena overcame great adversity and rose above hate. Again. How boring. I wish WWE would shed this fear of losing their poster boy and 12-and-under ambassador and actually take some risks with Cena's character. I hope this loss doesn't hurt Bray's career too much in the long run, his gimmick is the best thing in the WWE at the moment.

Fairly certain you can, Aquila.

As far as the WWE Network's performance tonight, I noticed that it ... Skipped a few times. Like an old record, playing the same few seconds over and over again for a short bit. Never actually streaming something before in this manner, so I don't know if that was par for the course or not.

Also, the picture got really blurry at points where there was a lot going on all at once. When the confetti dropped at the end, the whole picture had the same color as an undulating puddle of puke. Again, don't know if that's par for the course.

But all in all the fears of it crashing due to the amount of traffic were alleviated.