• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Russiansoap

Invoker

Questions about invoker   64 members have voted

1. 1. Is invoker easy to play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Very easy I can play him drunk and blind.
  2. 2. Is invoker OP

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Well of course he is not OP, you just have to deal with him properly. Like every hero.

I guess I know Invoker a little too well, haven't played in a while though so don't qoute me on that.

Is Invoker easy? No. I don't think he is the hardest hero either, but I don't recommend him to beginners.

IS he OP? No again, but he can be pretty powerful if not shut-down fast and if he is played well. (Same with any hero really)

I'd say he's easy to play because of the power he can gain pretty early on with his exort essences and quick and easy hp regen.

Invoker players could just focus on 2 skills and then use their basic attacks and still be a force in a teamfight. 

Playing him... well though I'd say is decently more difficult as one needs to know all the essence combos and be able to flip between spells at any given time to fit the situation.

You need the finger skills to play him and he requires alot more snap decision making as well as the key inputs to play him well over other heroes. I just havent gotten the hang of him yet :P OP? nah his laning usually means his team usually has to hold the other two lanes without invoker ganking or helping beyond like sunstrike. He needs alot of levels to come online(it takes a good amount of levels to level up even one of his orbs to 7). The best way to counter him is bkb cause he has no spell that goes through bkb as long as you get the bkb off first(deafening blast disarm lasts even if you bkb after you get hit much like the heavens halberd disarm).

After taking your opinions in to consideration I would still say he is op mana burn is insane and as I have said many times before this hero requires a lot of game knowledge to play but he is not that difficult and he has high impact on the game even if he has bad farm and unexperienced pilot.

Some time ago, I would say that Invoker is the hardest hero in the whole pool because of his versatility. But now it's just too easy. Everyone can own with QW Invoker, Tornado EMP is simply so easy to land and ridiculously OP, QE is a bit harder, but against people who don't know how to play properly he is just as OP as his QW build. 

There is a reason he is first ban / pick material in nearly every pro game right now. Simply way too strong. Nerfs incoming.

Globalnet likes this

They already tweaked him last patch and nerfed his QE, he's not OP because a silence can shut him down. As far as being easy to play he's not that hard I learned him in like 2 days and now he's my most successful hero.

They already tweaked him last patch and nerfed his QE, he's not OP because a silence can shut him down. As far as being easy to play he's not that hard I learned him in like 2 days and now he's my most successful hero.

But... It's... But..... Oh God, I wish they will create suicide booths soon...

162_suicide-booth_1152.png

Globalnet, DStBone, el_rubi3 and 1 other like this

I have to say wei is right he is op he is not broken like imbaspirit but he is not balanced QW is too good and it needs to be nerfed.

Ah! I remember the first time I played invoker...I got my ass handed to me. He definitely isn't easy as a first time hero.

One more thing, many people say invoker is the hardest, but I honestly think Meepo is the hardest hero to play since playing him requires micro skills. Ah! That reminds of the first time I played as Meepo! .....I got my ass handed to me.

I mainly play invoker and no he is not easy he is the hardest hero to play, to really unleash his full potential you are going to need to know the hero and a lot of game basics, its not easy by any measn, whoever says that is damn wrong, yeah you can only use 2 spells but thats not playing him well, you need to be able to have good memory and the ability to input tons of commands while in combat and make quick desitions on what spell to use acording the situation, he can be OP as any hero played well, it has a fair amount of counters someone said already the most clear one, BKB, and others, get magic defense also.

Well for me Invoker is a very complex and hard hero to play, learning the combinations are very easy but knowing how to explode the potential of Invoker is hard as hell. Only had seen one of the best Invokers of all time an its Grimorum (Urgomirm at the moment) and underestimating a player like him, is putting a feet on a grave.

He plays godlike with Invoker, shows how a good Invoker should play him and shows how to play it.

Guide

And again for the questions:

Is invoker easy to play?

No, it needs a lot of practice and not knowing what is your role you can mess up hard (take in mind Invoker is a semi-carry but he can take any role).

Is it OP? 

Yes.

Guess he is OP in AJSA, since he got hit thread Pinned :)
He is as OP as Pudge. Some people can play him and they rock with him. In most people's hands he is as usefully as any other hero. So he could even be ignored. The possibility that you master all of his skill exists, but some of us will just ban him in CM not to have to deal with him at all.
Global skills are OP in general. You can see that the heros that own one are constant pick and bans.

Wait the thread is "poll" I dont even know what "poll" means. That's an other strong side of Invoker, most people are just confused about his skills. Don't know what to expect of him, since they never waned to play him at all. If you learn what combination brings what skill you will probably know better exactly what to expect of him but since most people won't. Invoker is just considered OP. Cause learning how to counter things is too much hustle.

I'm awful with Invoker, I find him to be tricky to micro-manage. People who are used to his different spells and can quickly invoke the spells they need will definitely get far more use out of him, but since he's almost entirely reliant on his array of spells, he will get shut down by silences. I wouldn't call him OP, but he, like any other carry, will get absurdly powerful if no one stops him.

Invoker is simply OP. EMP Mana burn to stronk, Cold Snap super reliable, Ice Wall is almost a perma slow. Srusly, get past that. Tornado range is too stronk, and dont get me started of Deafening Blast disable, knockback and damage. Alacrity for ez hyperstone. Forge Spirit free Desolator x2. Ghost Walk In fact, meatball and sunstrike are like his least impressive skill set. Relatively low CD and Aghs no mana cost and 3 sec invoke. Then the orb bonuses.

First off, yay Invoker nerfs in 6.81. Less painful EMP.

Secondly, I wouldn't call him OP. He's powerful, yes, and can completely change the tide of fights just by himself, but to do that requires a tremendous understanding of the hero and an absurd amount of practice. Any hero can completely change the tide of a fight if they are skilled enough. Take Rubick for example. He can completely ruin a teamfight for someone by simply making the enemy's initiation backfire in their face. We have seen Rubicks do the most insane of things, even completely negating Invokers presence in teamfights by stealing Invokers spells and using it against him. It's extremely cool to watch, but most of us have probably figured out it's hard to replicate, because Rubick requires a tremendous understanding of not just the hero, but every hero in the game. You have to be damn sure the spell you steal will be used to its best effectiveness, and make damn sure you steal the right spell in a fight. It requires a lot of practice to get that good, and when you do you probably will make the flashiest plays of all the heroes. Is he considered OP? No, because he's squishy as fuck and is hard to position correctly. The same logic applies to Invoker. Sure, his spells are devastating, but he's squishy as fuck, requires a tremendous amount of practice and turns into a glorified ranged creep when he's silenced. Any hero can have the power to become OP, it just depends on who is wielding it. 

First off, yay Invoker nerfs in 6.81. Less painful EMP.

This is actually a buff. Before you had to do EMP first, and then tornado rapidly after. Now you can do it the other way around, making it easier to hit.

Gwaedoliaeth likes this

So the consensus is, invoker is op. Just counterpick him. I just pick omni and wreck him in lane. Emp? Loljoke I have a free bkb. You gonna harass me? I can just heal.

Omniknight aka ginger paladin,

a true OP champion.

Gwaedoliaeth, Muddy-Chan and mrfool like this

He is the perfect hero if you don't what to do anything with your team. All the Pro players are casting games when they play alone. And they still lose with him some times. They pick him or Furion or Thinker or any other hero that can own 1v1. But really unless you play him with a team / combo I don't see the fun in. You might as well just go Riki.
btw micro is not learning his skills, it's managing multiple units at the same time. He don't really require a lot of micro since his summons don't have any active skills.

btw micro is not learning his skills, it's managing multiple units at the same time.

"In gaming, micromanagement describes minor, detailed gameplay elements that must be manually addressed by the player." Micro comes in many forms.

Gwaedoliaeth likes this

He is the perfect hero if you don't what to do anything with your team. All the Pro players are casting games when they play alone. And they still lose with him some times. They pick him or Furion or Thinker or any other hero that can own 1v1. But really unless you play him with a team / combo I don't see the fun in. You might as well just go Riki.

btw micro is not learning his skills, it's managing multiple units at the same time. He don't really require a lot of micro since his summons don't have any active skills.

i-could-eat-a-bowl-of-alphabet-soup-and-