• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mouseno4

Will you buy the new Nintendo hardware?

Nintendo's new hardware for E3   23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the new hardware Nintendo will reveal at E3 2014?

• Yes. The Wii U may as well be labelled a dead console and the 3DS is getting old now.
    • No. The Wii U is not dead and definitely not in need of replacing so soon. Plus the 3DS continues to be going strong!
    • I will wait and see what the hardware is exactly, what it can do and all of its features before deciding yes or no.
    • I am not a Nintendo gamer at all. Have no plans to buy Nintendo regardless what they reveal.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

I hope the Fusion is just a rumor at this point; a new system coming out so soon would show disregard for the people who have decided to support the Wii U by abandoning it completely. I think the Wii U is definitely going to be canned before the Xbox One or PS4 for sure, but I think it still has at least another two or three years before we see that happen. I also don't believe the 3DS warrants a reboot anytime soon due to how well it's currently doing.

Given the "Quality of life " stuff outlined by Mr Iawata earlier this week I have a feeling that the new hardware may not be new consoles but new peripherals for the Wii U. Possibly Kinect like sensor equipment coupled with some form of upgraded Wii Fit. Generally I am less interested in new Hardware than I am for games for the WiiU. 

We need more than one game every 4 months - I love Nintendo but their lack of service to the WiiU is staggering. I want to see a NEW Zelda a NEW Metroid NEW Starfox and perhaps a completely NEW IP. What we're likely to be offered is another NES remix title a fitness game and probably Nintendogs or something. Or yet another remake that will cost £40.

My personal guess, and this is backed up with Nintendo's history - is that this is the new 3DS successor that has some sort of connectivity function with the Wii U. I personally dont see this as a successor to the Wii U at all. I cant see Nintendo digging the Wii U's grave just yet, so my guess would be a two part system. The ''Fusion DS'' or 3DS successor mobile console and the ''Fusion Terminal'' charging and Wii U connectivity base station. The base station acts as a charging station to charge the portable console every night, downloads updates, purchased games and content - which is then almost instantly transferred to the portable console minutes after placing it into the base station.

If this is in fact the intent then i applaud Nintendo for thinking of what would be the next logical step for a potential 3DS successor. But please give us dual circle pads this time!

Agreed about the dual circle pads.

Really looking forward to what Nintendo has for E3, if this is why games have taken a slight backseat I'll be somewhat happy.

Nintendo needs to follow sega and give up on the console market (or atleast concentrate on handhelds only)  The Wii was meh and the Wii U completely sucks.  The whole controller as a second screen thing (which is the Wii U's main selling point) wasnt even Nintendo's idea.

The games are just too child friendly (apart from zombie U and other games like it)  All in all there is a reason only like 3 people have bought a Wii U.

Of corse it's a problem if games are to friendly towards e certain demographic :P

Nintendo just can't afford to release a new console now. They would alienate some of their most devoted fans. I mean why should I buy a new nintendo-console if I can't be sure if it will still be arround in two years? The only way they could make it work, if they replaced all wii u's with their new console for a nickel and a dime. 6 Million Wii U's have been sold, not even nintendo has that kind of money.

And as for the Handheld: I just cannot see the rational for a new one. They are dominating the handheld market with a very powerfull system, that's only 3 years old. As long as there is no new contender and the system isn't really outdated, there is nothing to gain from a new handheld console for nintendo.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

Of corse it's a problem if games are to friendly towards e certain demographic :P

Nintendo just can't afford to release a new console now. They would alienate some of their most devoted fans. I mean why should I buy a new nintendo-console if I can't be sure if it will still be arround in two years? The only way they could make it work, if they replaced all wii u's with their new console for a nickel and a dime. 6 Million Wii U's have been sold, not even nintendo has that kind of money.

And as for the Handheld: I just cannot see the rational for a new one. They are dominating the handheld market with a very powerfull system, that's only 3 years old. As long as there is no new contender and the system isn't really outdated, there is nothing to gain from a new handheld console for nintendo.

Actually if you're talking about affording to make a new console because of costs, you'd be wrong, they've got enough money to fuck up for the next 25 years! They're a powerhouse for a damn good reason. I would not be surprised if there was new hardware to be announced, they need something that can attract 3rd party support, can't really stay relevant on Mario alone.

By_zeus_beard likes this

I mean afford less in a monitary way. Unless as I said, they just give away the new console to the owners of the old one for basicly free, and well 6 Million times 400 bucks (which is pretty much the production cost of a next gen console) makes 2.4 billion Dollar, they would have to spend on just damage control. And yes, nintendo is financialy pretty sound, especialy compared to sony, but a blow of that magnitude + developement cost for a new console could just be to much... especialy at a time where 7 Million PS 4 and 5 Million XBOX One have just been sold... that means about a quarter of the market is allready taken... and the home-console market is actually loosing to pc-gaming, mobile gaming and in a few years maybe even to cloud gaming. There is no reason for nintendo to just wait a couple of years. they could just come out 2017 with a console that blews the PS4 and the XBOX One out of the ocean, just because at the time, the technology will be way cheaper.

It depends on if Nintendo could produce some fresh new quality franchises along with a solid online network

Nintendo needs to follow sega and give up on the console market (or atleast concentrate on handhelds only)  The Wii was meh and the Wii U completely sucks.  The whole controller as a second screen thing (which is the Wii U's main selling point) wasnt even Nintendo's idea.

The games are just too child friendly (apart from zombie U and other games like it)  All in all there is a reason only like 3 people have bought a Wii U.

They won't though considering the 3ds is crushing everything in sales and so did the original Wii. They do need to expand from the same stuff, despite a lot of it still being decent, and add some new i.p's or even bring back old ones. Nintendo won't be going Sega for a long time, they're in a way better financial position than Sony and like Phill said they can afford to screw up for a long time.

I chose the last response but only because I simply don't buy game consoles. Ever since the purchase of the Xbox 360 that slowly gathered dust, I vowed to never buy a game console again unless I had absolute certainty of its power etc.

what consoles regard, if it doesn't have insomniac/naughty dog games & rocksmith they will never be bought in this house.

Only reason I'll be buying any Nintendo console is purely because I still have every Nintendo console I've ever owned so they're now purely for collectibles. PC is the way forward

They won't though considering the 3ds is crushing everything in sales and so did the original Wii.

While that's technicaly true, the Wii was not necessarily a successfull console. Yes, they sold 100 Million. But gamewise it wasn't a huge hit. A lot of people bought it, played for it a few weeks or even days and than kind of forgot about it. So very few of Wii games besides the nintendo core titles were an economic success, and if you wan't 3rd party developer aboard, that's not really where you want to be. Don't get me wrong I like the wii a lot, but overall it's a mixed bag, when it comes to economics.

While that's technicaly true, the Wii was not necessarily a successfull console. Yes, they sold 100 Million. But gamewise it wasn't a huge hit. A lot of people bought it, played for it a few weeks or even days and than kind of forgot about it. So very few of Wii games besides the nintendo core titles were an economic success, and if you wan't 3rd party developer aboard, that's not really where you want to be. Don't get me wrong I like the wii a lot, but overall it's a mixed bag, when it comes to economics.

While I agree here in general Jackie, remember that they continued to sell their first party games at full price for the life of the console which also brings them a greater share of sale prices than from the third party games where they'd receive a much smaller amount of money. Also remember that while 3rd party games may not have sold well there was a lot of 3rd party hardware sold as well as the fact that the consoles would have cost little to produce do to how little new tech was involved with the Wii. I'm sure they were over the moon with the sales figures but they have some work to do with the Wii U to make sure it can somehow survive it's crappy start.

wii u isnt bad.

the hardware power is enough to run nintendo exklusives in 1080p@60fps.

wii u is backwards compatible to wii games.

wii u supports the wii u controler, wii u gamepad pro and wii nunchuck.

wii u online is free

if you play on PC too - its a pretty good console.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

It's probably a new 3ds model, which will have 2 analog sticks (replacing the stupid extra analog accesory that you had to buy), and then they will name it with some flashier name. Lol

I have a question: Why are some people so sure Nintendo will make a hybrid console-handheld? I don't really see how that could work, since the whole point of a handheld is to be able to play on the go, and home consoles are meant to be played at home.

you think there's gonna be a new nintendo home based console? lol.

personally i don't care what nintendo may have said or not... i don't believe for a second that only a short time into the console's life they are going to abandon it and make something new.

you all can believe what you want to believe - that's fine. fusion this / that is all just hype and nonsense. there is not going to be a new console. it would be suicide for the company. they would lose almost all their fans and support.

even if the wii U isnt selling as well as they had hoped, it doesn't matter. they have billions upon billions in the bank. even sony made a loss on each PS3, and makes less money than nintendo. i think everyone needs to calm down and stop watching stupid youtube videos from certain ill informed over opinionated people like reviewtechUSA, or alphaomegasin, or boggie2988 and believing every bit of information coming out of their mouthes. not all their videos are good. you don't need to agree with everything, and a lot of things are disagreeable.

By_zeus_beard likes this

you think there's gonna be a new nintendo home based console? lol.

personally i don't care what nintendo may have said or not... i don't believe for a second that only a short time into the console's life they are going to abandon it and make something new.

you all can believe what you want to believe - that's fine. fusion this / that is all just hype and nonsense. there is not going to be a new console. it would be suicide for the company. they would lose almost all their fans and support.

even if the wii U isnt selling as well as they had hoped, it doesn't matter. they have billions upon billions in the bank. even sony made a loss on each PS3, and makes less money than nintendo. i think everyone needs to calm down and stop watching stupid youtube videos from certain ill informed over opinionated people like reviewtechUSA, or alphaomegasin, or boggie2988 and believing every bit of information coming out of their mouthes. not all their videos are good. you don't need to agree with everything, and a lot of things are disagreeable.

This whole thing turned out to be bunk, unsurprisingly  http://www.gamespot....4/1100-6419371/

yeah, you called it, like two weeks after nintendo said it ;)

I think the Wii u is a great console, but Nintendo lack a proper direction for it atm

By_zeus_beard likes this