• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Winnum

Games you WANT to be good but have a horrible feeling won't be...

52 posts in this topic

Ever look at a game and you really want it to be good but then you read a bit more about it and start to think "Oooh this could be bad..."

Current games I fear may go this way:

Watch Dogs: Don't ask me why I just have a bad feeling about this one I hope it's great as have been looking forward to it for some time. But I just have this bad feeling.....

Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark : Includes Bayformers- out in time for the movie - bad signs.

Wolfenstein New Order - Sadly because it's called Wolfenstein. Haven been a decent Wolfty game since RTCW.

• Watch_Dogs

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Infamous: Second Son (haven't played it yet)

The Order: 1886

Do I ever get that feeling, yes. I know a number of the titles below have the most to lose if they flop but nothing is too great or too big to fail. Sadly all of them seem to have gimmicks that when you truly read what the developer's are doing, has already been done before or sounds lackluster.

Destiny's phasing in players sounds great but the past few combat videos has had me asking why does the AI react so predictable? Or if you look Evil Within, while the atmosphere and graphics look solid, the game play feels off. 

Just need more information, may be even waiting till reviews pour in before making any plans to buy.

• Evil Within
  • Star Citizen
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
  • Quantum Break
  • Dying Light
  • Destiny
  • Batman: Arkham Knight

watch dogs is going to suck much like every other new ubisoft game that's not a rayman game. my feelings. not buying it either. im so tired of mega graphics triple A games that always come with a lack of engaging gameplay, lack of lifespan, and dull and repeated storylines.

i'd rather save the money and just get super meat boy instead. saw a movie recently called indie game and it was on there and i'm now more interested in that and other games like that than anything ubisoft could throw at me. for games like that all you really need is either a GTA game or an elder scrolls game, personally.

watch dogs is going to suck much like every other new ubisoft game that's not a rayman game. my feelings. not buying it either. im so tired of mega graphics triple A games that always come with a lack of engaging gameplay, lack of lifespan, and dull and repeated storylines.

i'd rather save the money and just get super meat boy instead. saw a movie recently called indie game and it was on there and i'm now more interested in that and other games like that than anything ubisoft could throw at me. for games like that all you really need is either a GTA game or an elder scrolls game, personally.

Didnt know you had played watchdogs!!   Who cares if ubisoft have made bad games most devs have if you refused to buy a game from any dev that has produced aload of shite you'd have a very empty library of games.

Didnt know you had played watchdogs!!   Who cares if ubisoft have made bad games most devs have if you refused to buy a game from any dev that has produced aload of shite you'd have a very empty library of games.

1. i have a very big and healthy library of excellent games that i am very happy with.

2. i care.

3. you think i should buy whatever ubisoft, activision, EA, blizzard, and so on... make, just so that i don't have an empty library of games? just lol..!!

4. i'm allowed to think what i want to think - watch dogs won't be anywhere near as good as it's hyped up to be.

Oh god... I'm afraid Star Wars: Battlefront will end up like Battlefield 4! PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!

The Order 1886. After watching a commentary by Samurai Rabbit in which he picked apart one of their trailers, I lost a bit of faith in the game. I'm hoping what we saw doesn't make the final cut, but if it does then don't expect to see me playing it anytime soon.

watch dogs is going to suck much like every other new ubisoft game that's not a rayman game.

I'd have to disagree with you there, Assassins Creed Black Flag and Child of Light are 2 recent Ubisoft games I've enjoyed a bunch.

On topic the only game I'm looking forward to but bracing for dissappintment is Final Fantasy XV, with the long and inconsistant development time I fear another Duke Nukem Forever here.

Dragon Age Inquisition - they say they took the feedback and made changes accordingly, but it still looks too much like DA2.

likes this

At some point I'll have to share my feelings on BS2IP's (Bullshit 2D Indie Platformers) there are some really great original ones (like Meatboy) but a lot that are just derivative. Oh hang on... I just did.

Personally I think there is room for AAA and Indie games in my library- much in the same way you can enjoy blockbuster movies and small independent films. 

AC4 was an amazing game but I'm concerned that AC Unity is going backwards rather than forwards.

I also get that sinking feeling about every new Final Fantasy release. It's funny that the people who didn't LIKE the FF games are the ones square tried (and failed) to pander to.  Just go back to reular turn based battles - a job system and a party of 3 or 4 characters. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

(You don't like turn based battles? Then you don't like Final Fantasy! You don't like running and jumping platforms? Then you don't like Mario!)

Null and Gone too like this

At some point I'll have to share my feelings on BS2IP's (Bullshit 2D Indie Platformers) there are some really great original ones (like Meatboy) but a lot that are just derivative. Oh hang on... I just did.

Personally I think there is room for AAA and Indie games in my library- much in the same way you can enjoy blockbuster movies and small independent films. 

AC4 was an amazing game but I'm concerned that AC Unity is going backwards rather than forwards.

I also get that sinking feeling about every new Final Fantasy release. It's funny that the people who didn't LIKE the FF games are the ones square tried (and failed) to pander to.  Just go back to reular turn based battles - a job system and a party of 3 or 4 characters. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

(You don't like turn based battles? Then you don't like Final Fantasy! You don't like running and jumping platforms? Then you don't like Mario!)

I have this ominous feeling about FFXV as well.  I can't disagree with any of what you said especially

We've already finished the endings for it:

1. You can destroy all the mages

2. You can control all the mages

3. You can make everyone a mage

And after listening to your complains, we've made a special refuse ending, which will go like this:

Obey Corporate!!!

6593663930a0aab9bfe651558e41908013579697

We've already finished the endings for it:

1. You can destroy all the mages

2. You can control all the mages

3. You can make everyone a mage

And after listening to your complains, we've made a special refuse ending, which will go like this:

Obey Corporate!!!

6593663930a0aab9bfe651558e41908013579697

Hey hey hey! Spoilers!

Darksiders 3. Nordic games is on it but they were responsible for Gothic 3, Arcania and the Guild. Those games were bad and/or buggy. So i have a bad feeling what Darksiders 3 will be.

and Dyzzles like this

The only game I want I already know is going to be fucking epic - Transistor. Besides that, I don't really care much for new releases. They're all the same to me - they're all games.

No one can stand indie platformers anymore... There! I said it!

I'm actually looking forward to Unity, French Revolution will be a great setting I believe. Not that worried with the gameplay more with the history and storylines.

Only game currently like that for me right now is the new Wolfenstein. I'm dubious about it being good because the whole modern age + futuristic technology thing. Not to mention I keep seeing hype via video sequences and such. People constantly lament how sick they are of the nazi germany setting. But that's part of what made RTCW cool IMO is because it was the only game I really knew of that actually did it well, and I liked playing a good fps in an antique (without steampunk, I hate it when they steampunkificate antique settings) and urbanesque setting.

Sounds shallow and stupid and kinda sick, but one of the most important features IMO to a wolfenstein game is it simply has to be fun to kill the bad guys. I mean they need to shout and yell and run towards balconies and jump off as they die just like in cheesy movies. Star wars Jedi Outcast did this well with the stormtroopers, they were just hilarious to kill in all manner of cruel ways. I hope they don't forget to do this.

edit: I'm sick of platformers, indie or not too. I have been sick of platforms since over a decade ago. There were just too darn many during the 8-16 bit era and now I've grown bored of them. I tried to get into that la-mulana game that everyone praises, but I can't, I just can't.

GTA 5 for the PC if that counts. I'm not convinced this won't be another half assed port with heaps of bugs.

Star citizen and the next Batman too.

I'm actually looking forward to gta5 for the pc, I've never really felt the pc versions were ever bad ports, but it's possible I guess and if you just have a gut feeling that it might be, can't really do much about it eh.

I just found out they finally confirmed they are gonna make it for pc just 2 days ago though, what a coincidence =).

Actually GTA3 and GTA 4 were notorious for buggy translations to PC. ( I had a mate who bought it and it just simply would NOT work).

GTAV might be the only game I would consider picking up again if re-released on Next Gen (if the step up in graphics was significant enough) yes I know I'm playing into corporate's hands..... 

Watch Dogs. It has mediocre written all over it. I feel like this is an Assassins Creed 1 game. Great ideas, Decent gameplay but a 7/10 on most main sties lower for the real reviewers

My biggest concern is whether Star Citizen will make the grade. Also Valkyrie and Elite: Dangerous. I would however like to see Space Engine take off now that it has the green light from Steam,but there's a difference between developers of Space-sims and game developers: one knows how to keep people interested and the other simply likes to make pretty planets. Hopefully Space Engine will pick it up but it's not looking good. Also Limit Theory is a great project but is being worked on by a single person. Sadly it may end up being just that: limited. 

I'm actually looking forward to gta5 for the pc, I've never really felt the pc versions were ever bad ports, but it's possible I guess and if you just have a gut feeling that it might be, can't really do much about it eh.

I just found out they finally confirmed they are gonna make it for pc just 2 days ago though, what a coincidence =).

LINK PLEASE. PLEASE. I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE. OMFG. PLEASE!!!!!

Destiny is the one I am most worried about.

Dragon Age Inquisition I will play regardless because I like story, though I hope it is good too.