• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hellzsupernova

The best total war

35 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Total War game

• Shogun Total War
    • Medieval Total War
    • Rome Total War
    • Medieval 2 Total War
    • Empire Total War
    • Total War Shogun 2
    • Total War Rome 2
    • Napoleon Total War

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone's favorite total war games are.

I have included Napoleon cause on Wikipedia it is counted as its own release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War_%28series%29

For me it would be Rome Total War, because it just seemed to be such a huge step after playing Medieval total war.

I have played them all but the original Shogun and the new Rome 2

Huge fan

I love shogun 2 and Empire total war more this games are so amazing and I always enjoy playing them over and over again but as for Rome total war 2 it was so disappointing for me and the things they changed was so silly as hell it could be amazing game if they hadn't messed things up  :( but I did like the diplomacy options that was quite good  :).

I also played napoleon total war and I really hated it the  grand campaign had less factions and it was only based on Europe countries and I find this so silly that factions fight against each other when they just ignore the real threat of Napoleon and his French army. I was playing as Australia and Prussian army declare war on me when I was helping them against french just why the hell they would do that ? when they have

French army right next to their country borders  :blink: and England Army just helping with navy attacks just come on folks I am getting my ass kick help over here  :angry:

There was already a thread about this but it has been buried so long ago i couldn't find it.

Anyway Med 2, best mods came out for that and unmodded Total Wars are pretty much crap.

Shogun 2 has the best engine and AI, Rome 2 has is an amazing concept and also my favourite era but fails badly at providing a challenge. I found that Napoleon has a nice balance of siege, good ai , great ship battles and an engine that makes it work (although when ordering troops it did annoy me that they would walk in front of a cannon firing line)

I'm voting on Napoleon as in Shogun 2 as soon as you became Shogun your friends turned on you even if they relied on you for protection

Medieval 2 with third age total war mod

winner winner chicken dinner

Vanilla Rome is the best Total War game. Medieval 2 is the best if mods are counted. Third Age FTW!

I think shogun 2 is the best one, with rome and medieval 2 a close second.

Medieval 2 was my favourite because of the third age mod and the call of warhammer mod. Seriously, fighting off legions of undead warriors, demons, orcs, and elves makes defending a castle a little more tense than just from the Milanese. Especially when magic comes into play

Rome total war was a very good game one of personal favourite games of all time and also the game was used for the BBC show Time Commanders which I did use to watch

I love Medieval 2 with the Ultimate AI mod

Finally a deplomacy system that makes sense (and forces you to keep up, or get squshed by those that did)

Heyyo,

Definitely Total War: Shogun 2. It had all the charm of the original Shogun: Total War with everything expanded and them graphics to go with it. Fantastic! :)

Second? Rome: Total War. It got me into the Total War series.

Third? Third Age Total War mod. It's LOTR, it's Total War... it's the RTS that EA should have made. Period.

Fourth? Medieval 2: Total War. It was lots of fun. Very well done game mechanics. :)

Fifth? Shogun: Total War. The music... so so good... I kinda hoped Shogun 2: Total War would include some of the songs tbh lol.. I love the guy yelling in them...... YYYOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! :P Plus? The addon's "One-Man-Army" unit? epic. lol.

Medieval 2 with third age total war mod

winner winner chicken dinner

I know what you mean. It's insane how good it is compared to how mediocre the RTS EA made... I wanted my thousands of orcs! Not groups of under 20!! The only thing I loved about EA's RTS for LOTR was the sound effects and music.

Rome 1.

Medieval 2 is close though, especially the expansion, that one is worth it just for the Teutonic campaign!

Rome 2 on the other hand ... prob one of the worst games I ever played.

Medieval 2 with ultimate AI mod (the AI in this game isn't very smart, even on very hard) or one of the other amazing mods created for this game. Shogun 2 is an incredible game and the unique mechanics are great, but nothing beast the hundreds of hours I've spent playing Medieval 2 and its mods. 

Medieval 2 with ultimate AI mod (the AI in this game isn't very smart, even on very hard) or one of the other amazing mods created for this game. Shogun 2 is an incredible game and the unique mechanics are great, but nothing beast the hundreds of hours I've spent playing Medieval 2 and its mods. 

It's not so much the smartness of the AI that bothered me there, it's the fact that the AI is unable to to keep alliances in vanilla Medieval 2.

It's always just a matter of time until they stab you in the back. Nomather how good your relation (or even how much more powerfull you are to them)