• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Flying Potato

I won an Xbone earlier, do I keep or sell it?

What should Flying Potato do?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Flying Potato should:

• Sell his Xbone
    • Keep his Xbone

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

I had no intention of buying one because of the policy fiasco & poor performance but I don't see anything wrong in keeping it for exclusives seeing as i've now got one for free. But... I could also sell it and get around £350! I have a PS4 already so it's not like i'm not already on next gen either...

What say you, Angry Army?

I did the same thing for the last gen of consoles (not buying this gen consoles since I only play PC games now). I found myself playing one over the other more times than not. It was nice if an exclusive came out for the other though because I could still get it.

I had no intention of buying one because of the policy fiasco & poor performance but I don't see anything wrong in keeping it for exclusives seeing as i've now got one for free. But... I could also sell it and get around £350! I have a PS4 already so it's not like i'm not already on next gen either...

What say you, Angry Army?

Sell it am going to sell my PS4 console aswell on Ebay.uk   dem consoles are fast sellers.

i would sell it, and use the money to get either an nvidia shield 2 (when it comes) or an android tablet with a keyboard dock... because things are about to change dramatically for gaming across the board....

nvidia now has Tegra K1 processor in the works. it's capable of allowing console / PC games to the likes of the currently in development Unreal Engine 4 to run flawlessly. pretty soon you are going to be able to play the same multiplat games out on xbox one / PS4 / PC on an android tablet or a shield 2, which you can still hook up to the TV and play with a bluetooth moga controller. it's taking off big time and i would save your money for something like that if you already are happy with your PS4 / gaming pc.

if you like xbox games keep it  :)  if you already have another console then sell it to earn money  :lol: or if it's one of your best friends birthday this month or next then give it as a gift  ;) .

Recoveryanonymous likes this

Wait till just after E3 then you can look at it and say either: 'You know what there's nothing there that's not on PS4 that I want' or 'Holy shit dude that looks awesome sign me up for that!'

SirSeaBiscuit likes this

I'd wait untill E3 has passed to see what the console is going to offer in terms of exclusives and features in the coming months. If you still reckon it's not for you, sell it to me... oh, I mean... sell it.

Hmm, that is a good point about E3

Like other suggested, waiting until after E3 is good idea. But if you're curious as to why you might want to keep the console now, based purely on current information, here's some infomercials:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/19038-june-update-bringing-external-storage-and-real-names/

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/18861-xbox-one-games-with-gold-deals-with-gold-starts-june/

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/18184-xbox-originals-coming-soon-to-a-screen-near-you/

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/18176-cortana-coming-to-xbox-one/

And regarding performance, there's no real distinguishing difference between an Xbox One and a PS4.

But even with all this in mind, waiting until after E3 is probably your best bet, you don't lose anything by waiting a bit to make up your mind.

Unless you really need the money, I'd say keep it for the exclusives. I actually just purchased an X1 to go along side my PS4. I'm not a fan boy, and I love games too much to restrict myself. At the very least, waiting until E3 is a must if I were you. It's not too far off, and you'd probably kick yourself if the X1 exclusives announced ended up being worth keeping it.

Keep in mind, after the June update you could sell off the Kinect at least and get a little out of that.

Unless you're keen on paying $50 a year for use of non-local multiplayer functionality, sell it. And if you play on the PC, use that money for hardware upgrades.

Unless you're keen on paying $50 a year for use of non-local multiplayer functionality, sell it. And if you play on the PC, use that money for hardware upgrades.

Eh.. you are aware the Microsoft have ditched the paywall for 3rd party software, right?

Reread what he said. He said $50 a year for the use of non-local multiplayer functionality. That hasn't changed. He said nothing about the 3rd party software. To play multiplayer on consoles, you still have to pay for Gold or Plus.

Unless you're keen on paying $50 a year for online multiplayer, sell it. And if you play on the PC, use that money for hardware upgrades.

If that is what he meant, there's the post fixed.

Um, and that's different than what he said how? They mean the exact same thing.

If that is what he meant, there's the post fixed.

It's exactly what he meant;

paying $50 a year for use of non-local multiplayer functionality

Um, and that's different than what he said how? They mean the exact same thing.

I'm not sying it is different, just worded better.

I'm honestly not sure what I'd do in this situation. On one hand, the PS4 seems like the better system altogether, so maybe I'd sell the Xbox to get that. On the other, the Xbox One has Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive, both of which look interesting. Maybe I'd keep the Xbox and get the Playstation later. I'm still not sure.

i agree with the PC gamers here sell it and use the money for something y'know usefull? like PC upgrades or steam games

I'm honestly not sure what I'd do in this situation. On one hand, the PS4 seems like the better system altogether, so maybe I'd sell the Xbox to get that.

He already has a PS4.

I have a PS4 already so it's not like i'm not already on next gen either...

@Flying Potato; I implore you to approach this decision as objectively as possibly, and not give in to the "PC Master Race" advice telling you to just sell it and buy PC parts.

I genuinely believe the best thing for you to do, would be to wait until after E3 to make your final decision. Microsoft is expected to drop some new exclusives there, and show some content from the already announced ones, so If you want to keep it for exclusives, there's that to look forward to.

Other than that, It's still a fine system. It won't perform any worse than your PS4, and the Kinect is a handy little thing for voice commands at the moment.

Kedric likes this

He already has a PS4.

Oops, didn't see that. If that was the case, I'd keep it. Computer parts? Yeah, like you'd get any computer parts out of selling an Xbox One. Not enough for a whole computer, anyways.

Oops, didn't see that. If that was the case, I'd keep it. Computer parts? Yeah, like you'd get any computer parts out of selling an Xbox One. Not enough for a whole computer, anyways.

That's a valid point. I've had a look and new XB1's dont go for more than £300-£350 on ebay and that would go far for computer parts.

I implore you to approach this decision as objectively as possibly, and not give in to the "PC Master Race" advice telling you to just sell it and buy PC parts.

I genuinely believe the best thing for you to do, would be to wait until after E3 to make your final decision. Microsoft is expected to drop some new exclusives there, and show some content from the already announced ones, so If you want to keep it for exclusives, there's that to look forward to.

Other than that, It's still a fine system. It won't perform any worse than your PS4, and the Kinect is a handy little thing for voice commands at the moment.

This is also a valid point. I don't know why all these PC guys are so insistant you sell straight away, must be some "Master Race" mentality  that compeles them to try and get one over on consoles every chance they get regardless of wether it serves a purpose or even makes sence. I personally couldn't care less if sell and buy PC parts or games off steam, but take berserker's advice and wait untill after E3. If some people get exited about what MS has to bring then the XB1's might sell a little better after the conference, so either way there is no reason to sell it now.

Berserker likes this