• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

N00banaga

WATCH DOGS ajsa yay or nay?

24 posts in this topic

With just 4 hours remaining for the Steam release I am on edge of buying or leaving it alone.  I haven't seen any other topics on the AJSA forum so I thought I'd finally make one to discuss!  The deciding factor in me buying Watch Dogs is if it may have AJSA support (multiplayer, game invasions, phone/tablet assistance, etc.) 

I'll be buying the game, but at least at first it will be entirely solo. 

i'm actually pretty indecisive also i think i might jus pick it up cuz it looks like a great game just want to make sure there will be a good multiplayer base for it so idk if i should get it for steam or origin 

I jumped on it.

It helped that GMG had a 25% off for the Standard and Deluxe edition :D

I tired it. I wanted to throttle the employees of Ubisoft within the first ten minutes. I'll play it through and give it a chance, but I doubt I'll change my mind.

Okay, I changed my mind. This game absolutely sucks. I can't even play it for 20 minutes without raging. It sucks that bad. I'm never buying from Ubisoft again.

Simply saying it pisses you off doesn't mean much unless you give a reason.

So far I've been having a blast causing all sorts of trouble

:ph34r:

I didn't buy it.  I'll just enjoy watching Ezekiel iii play it!

Sigh......this game.....this mother fucking game.......

Keep in mind, I'm not a huge GTA fan, I'm really not, I haven't played GTA V, I thought GTA IV was okay, GTA III was fun as was Vice City. But, those games when done right, had some charm. Sure there were some hard boiled story burried in there but....it had style.

This game? In some ways it reminds me of Alpha Protocol. It sounded super cool in concept, and if it had been executed right it could have been genre changing. The driving is scary bad, the world feels lifeless and stale, the story does nothing to actually get you invested in the hero. To be honest? They just didn't do enough to make me like the protagonist. They just wasted the opprotunitiy with poor story writing and working so hard to try and convince you to take the game serious, it makes it really hard to play the game for very long. Yeah it's pretty, but I don't like paying 60 bucks and not get my money's worth out of the game.

Final verdict? Wait. Just wait and see enough reviews to get a better idea of how the game actually feels. I don't see this game staying at full price for very long. It's just not a very well executed game and is no damn fun at all once the novelty of hacking cameras that basically you are forced to do rather than it really being a choice wears off.

Dyzzles likes this

It doesn't help that the game has all of these issues. Needless to say, the PC launch was awful. Many people can't even log onto Uplay to play OTHER games, let alone Watch Dogs. And even if some are fortunate enough to boot up Uplay and login successfully, chances are they'll be met with some of the other issues like the constant crashing (The one that plagues me) every 20 minutes without any apparent reason, then there's also been reports that people can't even get the game to download. People even said the textures screw up to the point where they can see through Aiden.

There's even more, but I won't go off on that. I just hope they manage to fix these issues, ESPECIALLY the one that causes the game to crash every 20 minutes.

I believe TotalBiscuit's WTF video sums it up nicely. It's got some problems, and some of the visuals have definitely been downgraded; but overall it's very fun. I'm enjoying just walking around the city, very nice.

It doesn't help that the game has all of these issues. Needless to say, the PC launch was awful. Many people can't even log onto Uplay to play OTHER games, let alone Watch Dogs. And even if some are fortunate enough to boot up Uplay and login successfully, chances are they'll be met with some of the other issues like the constant crashing (The one that plagues me) every 20 minutes without any apparent reason, then there's also been reports that people can't even get the game to download. People even said the textures screw up to the point where they can see through Aiden.

There's even more, but I won't go off on that. I just hope they manage to fix these issues, ESPECIALLY the one that causes the game to crash every 20 minutes.

Are you crashing when you hack?

If so, right now there's an issue where I crash anytime I hack an Electric Sign doesn't matter where...soon as the hack "diamond" fills up...bam, CtD.

Not just when I hack. It happens at random. It happened twice while driving, once while performing a take down and it even crashed once while I was just walking down the street.

Not just when I hack. It happens at random. It happened twice while driving, once while performing a take down and it even crashed once while I was just walking down the street.

hmm...almost sounds like an object isn't being loaded. Hopefully in the next few weeks they'll start rolling out patches.

Sigh....and....I had to uninstall the game. That's how bad the driving in that game pissed me off :/ Game breaking and frustrating doesn't begin to express the level of crappyness driving adds into the game. There is just no reason this game should be so poorly optimized and have driving mechanics THAT bad. It's too bad too, a lot of other elements in the game are great but if there is a huge part of the game I have to ignore i'm not going to invest the time in a half done game :/ Super disappointed right now.

Sigh....and....I had to uninstall the game. That's how bad the driving in that game pissed me off :/ Game breaking and frustrating doesn't begin to express the level of crappyness driving adds into the game. There is just no reason this game should be so poorly optimized and have driving mechanics THAT bad. It's too bad too, a lot of other elements in the game are great but if there is a huge part of the game I have to ignore i'm not going to invest the time in a half done game :/ Super disappointed right now.

Sounds like my experience with GTA IV...

I absolutely love the game. Driving around listening to music, stopping to do side missions, crime events, the occasional online race or invasion. I'm having a blast. It's not entirely what I wanted, but definitely what I expected for a brand new IP. I got it on PC and all the problems people keep talking about are true, but minor when it comes to playing the actual game. There were times I couldn't connect to the Uplay servers, but so what? I just clicked offline mode and played... I'm not downplaying that Ubisoft needs to get this fixed so we can enjoy the online content more, but so many seem to be way over dramatizing it as if it prevents them from playing the game entirely. I only had a few times where it caused problems, and only had to play it in offline mode once. Yes, the graphics are not what I was expecting and their marketing needs an overhaul, but the graphics are still very good. I think TotalBiscuits video is spot on in that regard.

As for the crashing, I've not experience that even once. Neither has my brother or my best friend and we've played over 16 hours each the last two days. I'm not sure what's causing the crashing, and it sucks, but I don't think it's entirely game related and might have something to do with specific hardware. Hopefully they can find it and patch it soon.

To anyone who only plays 20 minutes of a game and then writes it off, take a chill pill and stop being drama queens. It's only a bloody game. Sit back, relax, and LEARN. The first hour or so is always a learning curve. My brother, best friend, and I cussed like sailors on Ventrilo while we were learning, but all in good fun, we just laughed it off as we kept at it. I've found it's usually that way with new games, but once you get used to the mechanics, the game is incredibly fun. I'm finding it hard to keep myself focused on the story just because I'm enjoying the game atmosphere so much.

The thing I will point out is I definitely have to use an X360 gamepad. I found it works way better for how the interface is designed as it is clearly just a direct port from console. How the mouse functions in the game menus is absolutely awful. And why the mouse was coded with that much acceleration is baffling.

Found it to be a total "meh" game.

Not terrible, but not great just....."meh" just feels like a watered down GTA with a joke "hacking" tacked on.

Happy I didn't purchase it.

I hate to ask you this, but are you sure you can run it? The game is very hefty, the highest textures require 3GB of VRAM, that's a hell of a lot.

For those who keep repeating "the hacking is a joke", please explain to me how they should have done it. So many are jumping on that bandwagon, I'm pretty sure just because it's "what the cool kids are saying", but not one has offered any suggestion otherwise. I really enjoy how they put it together, it works perfectly for how the game is designed and I'm having a blast with it. I fail to see how it could have been done differently. If you wanted "realistic hacking", do you even know what real hacking is like? You can't do that in a game, good grief.

I didn't thinking the hacking was too bad to be honest. What annoyed me about it was feeling like many times that was my only option, that like many things in the game they wanted to make sure to guide you down a certain path. Here's a good example, I was having some trouble with catching criminals because I would get pinned against a bush or obstacle I couldn't hop over so about half the time criminals were getting away. Well.....once I started using cameras and hacking panels and what not, it was much easier. Now, the problem isn't the hacking, it just felt forced too often. Yes yes, its a hacking game, but hacking didn't seem that interesting to me. It was just a button to interact with the world from a distance rather than walking up to click on an object. I think if they had used hacking more sparingly, like make a hacking module in mini game more often it would have worked better. By making it just a button I pushed while pointed at an object, that didn't really scream 'hacking' to me. That's someone using an app on their phone which pretty much anyone could do if they had the same app.

I do think there are things to enjoy about the game if you can overlook certain game mechanics and the terrible port in what was supposed to be a PC developed game. There is too many good games out there and not enough time to spend on a game that has more problems than it should. 

I've yet to use hacking to stop criminals...except the "Tutorial" one because I didn't know I could just confront the Criminal and initiate the 'Chase Phase' of the event.

From then on I just walked up and started the 'Chase Event'. I've usually just run them down and smash their face in with my baton.....but sometimes I might shoot them in the ass (literally) :P

For those complaining about 'Hacking'...go watch TB's "WTF"...he eloquently explains why you can not have complicated hacking in a game that centers around using Hacking to quickly deal with problems

Also, ya'll need to start using GMG to get these games...another 25% off on this game (in addition to WildStar and ESO) :D

Dyzzles likes this

I watched the TB video, I still think they could have made it more interesting than they made it. It didn't have to be complicated, but all they did was increase the range of the normal process of walking up and 1 button clicking on an object to interact with it. That's it. 

I watched the TB video, I still think they could have made it more interesting than they made it. It didn't have to be complicated, but all they did was increase the range of the normal process of walking up and 1 button clicking on an object to interact with it. That's it. 

How else would they have done it and kept it "Driving Friendly"?