• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XLoad3d

Is Payday 2 Worth It? *update

Payday 2 Community Poll   11 members have voted

1. 1. Is Payday 2 Worth It?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

**update - so i decided not to buy PD2. I'm just don't have enough interest in this. I still haven't played games like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Bioshock Infinite.... one's i'd rather invest in at this time. thanks for everyone input though.

Hi everyone i just wanted to get some feedback on this subject.

Ok I own Payday: The Heist but I got bored of it. It seems like there's only one game mode... waiting for the drill to finish drilling and getting mobbed by the sneakiest cops coming from every frickin window. 

One thing I really like is that Overkill has released all kinds of free DLC expansions (and continue to release free maps), but when I started playing Payday 2 it felt exactly the same as the 1st one. Stealth never happens... never. 

I will keep trying the free weekend, but I think i'm going to avoid this game... because I already know a month from now it will basically be collecting dust and never played again

Payday 2 pisses me off. I tried to go stealth and it NEVER. F@CKING. WORKS!

Those cops are the friggin military, I refuse to believe that they are actual cops!

But don't take my word for it, take it from someone who actually LIKES the game.

Payday 2 pisses me off. I tried to go stealth and it NEVER. F@CKING. WORKS!

Those cops are the friggin military, I refuse to believe that they are actual cops!

But don't take my word for it, take it from someone who actually LIKES the game.

its like a bad horde mode... I bet battlefield hardline will be way cooler than payday.

I voted yes, but i must add that i meant yes, its worth it but with friends. Randoms usually have no mic or go guns blazing from the start which both ruin the heist.

Faravahar1200 and DemonsColt like this

I voted yes, but i must add that i meant yes, its worth it but with friends. Randoms usually have no mic or go guns blazing from the start which both ruin the heist.

good point. thats what i should expect playing with randoms... I do like what they've done with the game though compared to the 1st. Its actually way better optimized too.

My main gripe is that there isn't a proper mission selection screen. Instead its blips on the city map.

I've played the game, quite a bit, offline. It's not a very good game but either you get the bug to level up and unlock the weapons (and their modifications) or you don't. It's not a complicated game, the gameplay is more or less routine and that routine is one you'll probably have ingested within a couple of hours of playing the game.

It's also, in a sense, not a very cheap game for such limited gameplay. I haven't bought many triple A shooters in awhile (which it is priced below but not to the point you could pick it up without a thought) but it certainly doesn't give me the interest of the story mode of say the Gears of War franchise nor is the shooting as satisfying as the twitch run and gun of the Call of Duty series.

I said the gameplay is limited but by this I also mean the gunplay is limited. The 'identity' of the guns is pretty remote; lost amongst all the mods and the fact you can turn anything into an effective 'stealth' gun. The enemies, even the special types, will become so dull and familiar after awhile you won't fear the tougher ones just get annoyed at the inconvenience to you earning a bit more cash to buy the mod you're after by forcing you to cut the mission short.

If you view stealth not as means to complete a whole mission but just as a way to avoid having to shoot things for as long as possible while a drill drills you begin to ask yourself why you are bothering to do it in the first place because surely you play a shooting game to shoot things?

Offline, this game is very4 limited. The ai partner is only useful for straight assault, and playing offline on Overkill is the worst thing you can ever do. You will die again and again and again.

Online though, is a whole different story. You have to get smart and experienced players that has the best perks available unlocked to enjoy this game, and pulling off stealth perfectly with them is so much fun. I let them do the sneaking while I wait at the exit point, like the one level in the museum. I failed 10 times in a row playing this mission offline, but online, I straight away completed it stealthily. And I got $10 million afterwards because it's an overkill pro mission which lets me get the high skills like hiding bodies in a body bag, make a police surrender and cuff himself, and make hostages help me.

So I would say yes, but only if you have online people to play with. If you are doing the offline mode, you will only have fun if it's for normal or hard difficulty missions. While listening to this music.

Good I thing I got it for free tho.

I have spend to much time playing payday 2 in my free time and I always enjoy playing it over and over again and online experience with other players it is so fun.

The payday 2 it is lot better than payday 1 in many  ways and I am sure you going to love it if you are a big fan of payday games.

I have strong crew for this game they are the best of the best if you  like to join send me a message 

fs_b2eecbf64330f86c67e7cffb3f4f953d.png