• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EarthwormBen

Joe interested in WiiU

38 posts in this topic

So from his Facebook posts he seems to have noticed it in and Nintendo in a new light.

But he has a lot of catching up to do in order to experience the best of Nintendo...

if Joe gets a Wii U what would you have him stream ?

I'd love for him to play the Metroid prime trilogy and discover it's beauty as how a fps can be, and as he seemed obsessed for the Kinect to release some great games last gen, if love him to try skyward Sword. I don't think I've played a more interactive Zelda game than that

Null and CookieArcher like this

So from his Facebook posts he seems to have noticed it in and Nintendo in a new light.

But he has a lot of catching up to do in order to experience the best of Nintendo...

if Joe gets a Wii U what would you have him stream ?

I'd love for him to play the Metroid prime trilogy and discover it's beauty as how a fps can be, and as he seemed obsessed for the Kinect to release some great games last gen, if love him to try skyward Sword. I don't think I've played a more interactive Zelda game than that

Another life form on this rock of a planet who likes Skyward Sword?  Truly a pleasure to meet you, sir.

I honestly couldn't see why people wouldn't like the skyward Sword, it's actually a Zelda game that challenged me heavily yet still had a feeling of fairness to it

It is easily one of my favorites, but maybe it will get the Wind Waker treatment.  Reviled at first and then when it gets LP'ed 8 years later everybody else will love it.

the best game of the last 10 years

metroidprimetrilogy.jpg

I should be getting that later today actually :D It should come with the art book as well.

Another life form on this rock of a planet who likes Skyward Sword?  Truly a pleasure to meet you, sir.

I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but it wasn't my favorite; Majora's Mask is nigh on impossible to dethrone. I haven't heard of people hating Skyward Sword though. Then again I don't really interact with the Zelda fanbase at all. I really liked the game for what it was. Some aspects felt a little derivative of past titles but the game itself was solid.

I like Skyward Sword.....it's not my favorite Zelda game (Ocarina of Time), but it's still a very solid title to the franchise. I think what most people gripe about is that it is a lot more linear than past titles, but that doesn't break a game for me. Also, Skyward Sword did a VERY good job in seamlessly utilizing the Wii controls.

I'd like to see Joe stream some Mario 3D World or Mario Bros. U, honestly.  I don't think I've ever seen Joe play a platformer before, so It'd be a refreshing change of pace.

It's the Zelda cycle. From memory, everyone hated Twilight Princess (second best after Majora's Mask) until Skyward Sword and then all of a sudden everyone was in love with it. I couldn't come to terms with the controls and Fi is such a downgrade from Midna but it's certainly not a bad game. Just different, I reckon Joe would go insane from the motion controls but at least they are accurate compared to Kinect

Skyward Sword was solidly built but for some reason I didn't have as much fun with it as a should have. The motion controls made combat super involved and fun but I think having to recalibrate it constantly took me out of it. It also used Motion Plus for things that should've used the pointer instead.

But enough about Skyward Sword. I think Joe would get a kick out of any of the Smash Bros games, especially if he plays it with friends. Same goes for Mario Party but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Besides, 2 is the best and I'm not sure he'd go that far back since he's not into retro games as much as modern games. Obviously the Metroid Prime series is a must since that's more his style, and maybe MadWorld since I've heard good things about that. We also know he's never played Mario Galaxy, one of the best games of all time, so I'd love to see that as well.

i played MINISH CAP on a GRAN CANARIA (spain) journey and it was realy one of the best zeldas i ever played.

my rating:

1) zelda a link to the past ("remake" link between worlds)

2) zelda ocarina of time

3) zelda minish cap

4) zelda twilight princess

5) zelda wind waker (cause of the few dungeons and "too much water" open world)

....... zelda I and zelda II i played also (on original NES) but its too long ago.

minish cap (available also on wii u)

i played MINISH CAP on a GRAN CANARIA (spain) journey and it was realy one of the best zeldas i ever played.

my rating:

1) zelda a link to the past ("remake" link between worlds)

2) zelda ocarina of time

3) zelda minish cap

4) zelda twilight princess

5) zelda wind waker (cause of the few dungeons and "too much water" open world)

....... zelda I and zelda II i played also (on original NES) but its too long ago.

minish cap (available also on wii u)

No love for MM, Cookie? The darker tone made the game so much more involving and you would actually feel for the NPCs when you know you've failed them in each 3 day cycle (and when I failed the Kafei sidequest and saw him standing there emotionless killed me). It's a good thing that there have been no bad Zelda games.

I'm sure we could get Joe into reviewing Smash Bros. somehow. It's just about the most anticipated game this year so far and just looks insane and beautiful.

No love for MM, Cookie? The darker tone made the game so much more involving and you would actually feel for the NPCs when you know you've failed them in each 3 day cycle (and when I failed the Kafei sidequest and saw him standing there emotionless killed me). It's a good thing that there have been no bad Zelda games.

I'm sure we could get Joe into reviewing Smash Bros. somehow. It's just about the most anticipated game this year so far and just looks insane and beautiful.

I'm not too keen on MM as well, actually.  Most of that darker tone stuff comes from unconfirmed fan fiction and I never really saw the game as dark as most people see it.  In fact, I didn't see the game in a dark light at all.  It has it's depressing moments, but nothing as dark as the whole of Hyrule Castle Town being converted to redeads.  That's nightmare fuel right there.

I ended up buying the promo disc for a fiver, can't believe it's price now....

MM is a very sick twisted world, nearly every main side character has had their life warped by skull kid, then there's 3 characters dead that become masks, and to top it all every good deed you do is forgotten by the end of day 3, only when you complete it, is every person sorted out but the chance is the majority don't even know you as the hero.

Not to mention the score, how dark is the music anywhere outside of town or termina field. Only anything as dark is how creepy the forest temple is from OoT or maybe the situation of Zelda in Twighlight princess.

I ended up buying the promo disc for a fiver, can't believe it's price now....

MM is a very sick twisted world, nearly every main side character has had their life warped by skull kid, then there's 3 characters dead that become masks, and to top it all every good deed you do is forgotten by the end of day 3, only when you complete it, is every person sorted out but the chance is the majority don't even know you as the hero.

Not to mention the score, how dark is the music anywhere outside of town or termina field. Only anything as dark is how creepy the forest temple is from OoT or maybe the situation of Zelda in Twighlight princess.

Is not being known as a hero really such a dark/bad thing?  I don't think Link would care too much.  Death isn't dark in all honesty.  Most of the deaths in this game are given a large amount of both grace and heroism that it negates the sadness that death brings.  Welp, either way MM is fantastic and if they ever port the game to Wii U or 3DS then I'm gonna be all over that.  I'd love to watch Joe in the MM Water Temple.

The Darmani death in particular I found pretty sad along with failing to save the ranch from the aliens, the music on the final day after midnight is so fantastic and chilling at the same time and then there is also some theories about how when Link plays the song of time he doesn't go back in time but to another line of events and leaving that other timeline to be destroyed. This game seriously needs a remake.

I can imagine Joe flipping out in that temple or Stone tower from all it's flipping about and running out of light arrows.

1. I love Skyward Sword, just pointing that out there

2. I think Joe should get a WiiU, especially since he wanted Bayonetta 2 but can't get it for the other consoles and it'd be nice to see him review other exclusive games that aren't just Microsoft exclusives, Yeah I know he has a PS4, but I only recall one game he reviewed that's a PS4 exclusive

1. I love Skyward Sword, just pointing that out there

2. I think Joe should get a WiiU, especially since he wanted Bayonetta 2 but can't get it for the other consoles and it'd be nice to see him review other exclusive games that aren't just Microsoft exclusives, Yeah I know he has a PS4, but I only recall one game he reviewed that's a PS4 exclusive

I think like the majority of us, Joe doesnt go out and try new game concepts unless they caught his eye, and with nintendo doing less publicity and more "video newsletters" it can make them appear absent.

I think like the majority of us, Joe doesnt go out and try new game concepts unless they caught his eye, and with nintendo doing less publicity and more "video newsletters" it can make them appear absent.

That is true, but still I think it'd be kinda cool to see Joe review Nintendo games

I've got that as well, it is pretty fucking sweet. It's actually what I beat original NES Zelda on.

Yeah, its a great collector's pack despite all the crashes during Majora's Mask.  I wish more stuff like this existed.  A portable Zelda collection would be beyond amazing.

Yeah, its a great collector's pack despite all the crashes during Majora's Mask.  I wish more stuff like this existed.  A portable Zelda collection would be beyond amazing.

I've heard that Majora's Masks crashes in the collector's edition, but when I've played it, it never crashed on me

I've heard that Majora's Masks crashes in the collector's edition, but when I've played it, it never crashed on me

Had to redo the goron race to get the gold dust(and all the stuff I did waiting for the Gilded Sword to be forged) once and had to redo the Great Bay Temple twice.  The silver lining is that I know the Great Bay Temple like the back of my hand.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0