• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

GutsyWiseRobert7

COD SHOULD GO BACK TO ROOTS

18 posts in this topic

We remeber a time when COD blew up in World War. I feel like that COD should go back to WW2 instead games that go to the future. Because there seems like tons of games doing that, i want to go back and storm Normandy but on this new gen even if it was a remastered with better graphics and no hacked lobby.

I think they should go back to allowing moddability, custom maps, player dedicated servers, etc more, but that doesnt look like its gonna happen.

Glaice likes this

No COD should stop be made every year and be put on a 2-3 year cycle so the game actually has enough NEW content instead of the rehashed same BS game play it is every year. Year after year the game comes out and its actually even WORSE then the previous game!! thats pretty bad for a triple A title....

No COD should stop be made every year and be put on a 2-3 year cycle so the game actually has enough NEW content instead of the rehashed same BS game play it is every year. Year after year the game comes out and its actually even WORSE then the previous game!! thats pretty bad for a triple A title....

I totally agree, unless they can bring some new content to the table they really should shelf the franchise and move on to something else.

I was thinking. Wasn't call of duty 4 more focused on a somewhat realistic experience? Then like every game after that got more and more rediculous. I think call of duty 4 and black ops probably had the best multiplayer.

I've decided to only buy treyarc cod games (which now have a 2-3 year development cycle) as i thoroughly enjoyed WaW , BO, and BO2 and feel they are the most consistent and always seem to improve something every time (like the pick 10 system was awesome before ghosts copied it and made it stupid) And rumour has it that they are making their next cod a WWII game again.

Actually they are already on a 2 year Dev cycle one year it's released by Treyarch then next year it's Infinity Ward and so on so fourth.

Its a 3 year cycle now that sledgehammer joined them. Ghosts is IW, AW is sledgehammer, then comes treyarcs (rumoured WWII) game.

I'm sick of CoD in general and should not go back to roots because most people kinda are tired of the World War 2 motif as well.

Yes CoD should go back to being primarily a single player game with multiplayer tacked on. I would buy it then.

CoD didn't bloom because it had a WW2 theme. First time it came out, it was a masterpiece of it's kind, now it's just getting too repetitive. I think if they made a CoD set in WW2 it wouldn't make a difference. They just need to take a 2 or 3 year break, innovate the damn game and then release it again.

Mexiguy likes this

Are you kidding me? How many times can you redo the Normandy landing. A few years back people were complaining (and rightly so) about the saturation of the WW themed games. 

So no, if you want WWII go play the older CoDs,Medal of Honor or more recently Enemy Front. 

Call of Duty 2 single player was just awesome. Would i love another WW2 based game? EHHHHHH not exactly

I mean even the world war 2 games got repetitive. CoD, CoD 2, CoD 2: Big Red Line, CoD Finest Hour, CoD 3. I mean i owned all of these. (They are still on my shelf for ps2, pc, and xbox 360). CoD 1,2, Big Red Line were good but CoD 3 was just bad. I got tired of it after i played 3

Well traditionally the WWII COD games did focus on the western front but WaW did the two fronts that were done less : the war in the pacific and the eastern front and I found these different locations to be quite refreshing. So if they did WWII again, all they would have to do is change the locations and it would feel less of the same. Like if they focused on the African or Italian campaigns.

Of course i'd be fine if they also did a Vietnam game. Anything that isn't this modern or near-future crap

Call of Duty American Civil War.

I'd play it.

They don't need to change, they don't need to go back to their roots, they need to stop being made.

/thread

Doshka17 likes this

However, they could innovate by making a game focusing on the Italian, Japanese and Nazi Germany points of view instead of boring old American, British, Russian and French POVs.