• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DemonsColt

Should I get Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)?

8 members have voted

1. 1. Persona 4 Golden?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

When I got my new PS4, it came with 10 bucks to spend at the PS Store. I am looking at getting Persona 4 Golden at the PS Vita, is it a good buy?

Also, can you guys recommend me any games to get on PS3/PS4/PSVita for 10 bucks? Thanks. :)

You really need to be into your JRPGs, but yeah I would recommend it.

I have owned my PS Vita for a couple years now and have zero plans to ever buy this game. The only way it will appear in my collection is if it appears in Plus one month.

If i was buying for myself, no i would not buy it. The whole concept of kids in school with role play elements for relationships... seriously wtf. The exact opposite of my personal tastes.

But you should choose for yourself rather than asking for everyone elses opinions. A lot of people are biased with this game so there is no doubt the vast majority will say yes.

Hell yeah dude! persona is amazing! Also golden includes the extra ending you don't get in the original PS2 Version, All in mate!

I have owned my PS Vita for a couple years now and have zero plans to ever buy this game. The only way it will appear in my collection is if it appears in Plus one month.

If i was buying for myself, no i would not buy it. The whole concept of kids in school with role play elements for relationships... seriously wtf. The exact opposite of my personal tastes.

But you should choose for yourself rather than asking for everyone elses opinions. A lot of people are biased with this game so there is no doubt the vast majority will say yes.

Hell yeah dude! persona is amazing! Also golden includes the extra ending you don't get in the original PS2 Version, All in mate!

Like this one? Well, 10 bucks is pretty petty for the PS4 store, not to mention I did play a couple of JRPGs. The reason why I'm asking for other's opinions is that they have played the game and know what it's about. That, and TotalBiscuit put this on his top 10 games of 2013.

Like this one? Well, 10 bucks is pretty petty for the PS4 store, not to mention I did play a couple of JRPGs. The reason why I'm asking for other's opinions is that they have played the game and know what it's about. That, and TotalBiscuit put this on his top 10 games of 2013.

I would never tell someone what to buy and what not to, but if i was buying for myself - i would never spend real money on it. But that is my personal choice, and i just dont like games revolving around children and school.

I would never tell someone what to buy and what not to, but if i was buying for myself - i would never spend real money on it. But that is my personal choice, and i just dont like games revolving around children and school.

No Problem, this is a yes or no question, not a yes or GTFO question. I am just curious on the outcome.

mouseno4 likes this

No Problem, this is a yes or no question, not a yes or GTFO question. I am just curious on the outcome.

Then expect 95% yes to 5% no. This poll crops up so many times with the exact same results that ive just grown accustomed to the results. :P

Curisous about the Persona series? If the anwser is yes, then buy it. If no, then still buy it. Its really good .

As much as I wish they would have kept the darker atmosphere of the other Persona games (especially of 1, 2, and 2) and the music of 1, 2, and 2 instead of keeping the awful pop style of Persona 3 it is still one of my favorite games.

It might not be good to judge a game for someone else if you haven't played it yourself.

I recommend spelunky. It's $15, but it's a cross buy so you can get it for ps3 and vita buying it once.

I seriously am considering getting a vita for spelunky on the go, along with alot of rpgs, ps1 games, other indie games, and the ratchet and clank trilogy (not sure if it's out yet).

Other rpgs on vita are ys: memories of celceta and final fantasy x/x2 remake. I haven't played them though (except final fantasy x ages ago) but I think they are good.

Totalbiscuit had this on his top 10 for 2013? That's a bit weird.

The game came out in 2008/2009. Just because 2013 is the year it was ported to PC doesn't mean that's when it only really started to exsist. It was even ported to the vita before PC.

I wonder, if Ms Pac Man was added to steam, could that make his 2014 list?

The game came out in 2008/2009. Just because 2013 is the year it was ported to PC doesn't mean that's when it only really started to exsist. It was even ported to the vita before PC.

I wonder, if Ms Pac Man was added to steam, could that make his 2014 list?

TB placed the Vita version of the game on his top 10, because there is no PC version of the game.

This ain't the first time TB placed a console game on his top 10. In 2011, he named Journey his Game of the Year.

At least now you can see what i was referring to Demon.

DemonsColt likes this

TB placed the Vita version of the game on his top 10, because there is no PC version of the game.

This ain't the first time TB placed a console game on his top 10. In 2011, he named Journey his Game of the Year.

Sorry, my mistake. I still think it's odd to put a port of an older game on a toplist.

DemonsColt likes this

Yeah, I found that strange myself.  It's as if the original version never existed.

Personally, I don't like the Persona games.  I love Shin Megami Tensei, but I hate Persona.  This is why.

It's a time management game.  You have a certain amount of time to do everything you want before the game ends.  You have to balance studying, going to class, hanging out with friends, doing club activities, and venturing into the primary dungeon where demons want to rip off your face.  Some events require the protagonist to have one of his five attributes, Understanding, Diligence, Courage, Knowledge, and Expression.  These attributes are gained by doing specific activities and so on and so forth.  It is this blend of visual novel, dating sim, dungeon crawler with JRPG turn based combat.  Essentially, the game is a colossal fucking time dump.  If you like time management games, JRPGs, or pseudo dating sims give it a bash or if you just want to play something out of your comfort zone go for it.  Again, this is a biased opinion from a person who doesn't really care for the Persona series.

A 2012 Vita port of a PS2 game is on his 2013 top 10 list.....  and people actually question why I think Totalbiscuit is an idiot.

Null and mouseno4 like this

I have no love for TB either. He is an arrogant ass as far as im concerned. Some of the things he talks about and some of his opinions he raises are quite valid. But that does not change the fact that in my personal opinion, he is still an arrogant ass.

Crazycrab likes this

Yeah, I found that strange myself.  It's as if the original version never existed.

Personally, I don't like the Persona games.  I love Shin Megami Tensei, but I hate Persona.  This is why.

It's a time management game.  You have a certain amount of time to do everything you want before the game ends.  You have to balance studying, going to class, hanging out with friends, doing club activities, and venturing into the primary dungeon where demons want to rip off your face.  Some events require the protagonist to have one of his five attributes, Understanding, Diligence, Courage, Knowledge, and Expression.  These attributes are gained by doing specific activities and so on and so forth.  It is this blend of visual novel, dating sim, dungeon crawler with JRPG turn based combat.  Essentially, the game is a colossal fucking time dump.  If you like time management games, JRPGs, or pseudo dating sims give it a bash or if you just want to play something out of your comfort zone go for it.  Again, this is a biased opinion from a person who doesn't really care for the Persona series.

So, it's somewhat like Long Live the Queen?

Long Live the Queen is nothing but menus.  I'll give Persona credit that not much of the game occurs in menus.

DemonsColt likes this

A 2012 Vita port of a PS2 game is on his 2013 top 10 list.....  and people actually question why I think Totalbiscuit is an idiot.

Oops. I'm sorry, I got the thing wrong. After checking the top 10's again, I found out that TB placed it on his 2012 Top 10. Here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/oD7KWAQr8Q8?t=24m50s

I started it at the spot where TB mentions P4, so there's no need for skipping!

I have no love for TB either. He is an arrogant ass as far as im concerned. Some of the things he talks about and some of his opinions he raises are quite valid. But that does not change the fact that in my personal opinion, he is still an arrogant ass.

OH THANK FUCK!  For so long I thought I was the literary the only one!

mouseno4 likes this

OH THANK FUCK!  For so long I thought I was the literary the only one!

I started to think this way about him when i watched his video demanding gamers not pre-order whatsoever. Not even for physical items (which is what i pre-order for).

I never pre-order games unless there are physical items which are likely to never be sold again and will most likely sell out. Physical items from games have a lot of value to me and i take great pride in them. TB would demand that i not obtain that which i desire. Sure the argument is in fact valid and that pre-ordering for the sake of pre-ordering does in fact promote poor business practices, but when physical limited supply items are involved, the argument becomes invalid. TB just does not see it that way.

"By pre-ordering you are hurting other gamer's futures, not just your own."

"It is selfish and ignorant."

Not word for word but that is just plain arrogant for him to say such things.

Crazycrab likes this

I started to think this way about him when i watched his video demanding gamers not pre-order whatsoever. Not even for physical items (which is what i pre-order for).

I never pre-order games unless there are physical items which are likely to never be sold again and will most likely sell out. Physical items from games have a lot of value to me and i take great pride in them. TB would demand that i not obtain that which i desire. Sure the argument is in fact valid and that pre-ordering for the sake of pre-ordering does in fact promote poor business practices, but when physical limited supply items are involved, the argument becomes invalid. TB just does not see it that way.

"By pre-ordering you are hurting other gamer's futures, not just your own."

"It is selfish and ignorant."

Not word for word but that is just plain arrogant for him to say such things.

The main problem with Totalbiscuit is that he lives in his own little fantasy world were everyone has enough money to buy an overpowered Titan rig.  Also that Internet is available everywhere and so super fast that you can download any AAA game in less than an hour.  His idea of gaming only works when your as privileged as he (and has the misconception that everyone else) is.

The main problem with Totalbiscuit is that he lives in his own little fantasy world were everyone has enough money to buy an overpowered Titan rig.  Also that Internet is available everywhere and so super fast that you can download any AAA game in less than an hour.  His idea of gaming only works when your as privileged as he (and has the misconception that everyone else) is.

I have like $2500 worth of games pre-ordered for the next year. No way i could pay that much on release. I have to pay them off slowly just to afford them all.

Crazycrab likes this