• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AnCapDalek1

Is anyone in the Angry Army into Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency?

20 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone is into bitcoin or cryptocurrency. It seems like it's a viable option to get away from fiat and from a private bank that isn't accountable to the people that have to use their useless piece of paper... But that's just my opinion...

A lot of black market dealers use bitcoin.

That internet money sure is nice.

bitcoin is full of idiots, speculators and idiot speculators, turning it extremely volatile and rendering it impractical in my opinion.

bitcoin is full of idiots, speculators and idiot speculators, turning it extremely volatile and rendering it impractical in my opinion.

As a bitcoin owner, I can defiantly understand your opinion. But there is allot of other Alternative cryptocurrencies that have better security and much safer than bitcoin. i.e. Litecoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, Peercoin, Vericoin, ETC.

As a bitcoin owner, I can defiantly understand your opinion. But there is allot of other Alternative cryptocurrencies that have better security and much safer than bitcoin. i.e. Litecoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, Peercoin, Vericoin, ETC.

Half of those coins sound evil.

nickyzhere likes this

Don't forget Dogecoin.

dogecoin_logo_large_verge_medium_landsca

Such wow! i Forgot about my favorite tipping coin! XD

It's not just a matter of security. My main issue is that there are quite a lot of people who treat it like a "get rich quick" scheme and do all of stupid things like spending thousands of dollars in high end computers for mining and thus inflating the prices, and there are also lots of speculators causing massive fluctuations in prices, like that time back in November when they went from 200 USD/BTC to 1120 USD then dropped to 720 in the span of 2 weeks. It's simply too unstable of a currency to be taken seriously.

2f410cbd_o.png

It's not just a matter of security. My main issue is that there are quite a lot of people who treat it like a "get rich quick" scheme and do all of stupid things like spending thousands of dollars in high end computers for mining and thus inflating the prices, and there are also lots of speculators causing massive fluctuations in prices, like that time back in November when they went from 200 USD/BTC to 1120 USD then dropped to 720 in the span of 2 weeks. It's simply too unstable of a currency to be taken seriously.

Im not going to lie to ya dude. i have the same problem with it too... The reason i still have BTC and instead of other crypto that doesn't have a proof of stake because some people that i work with doesn't an alt currency that can make you have more when you keep the crypto for a certain amount of time. and ATM im selling my BTC to vericoin so i can keep my money without losing its value and make it more stable  

2f410cbd_o.png

not only that i also buy gold, silver, and copper to keep my savings secure and refrained from a tremendous amount of volatility.

Wahay! Bitcoin users! I'm massively into Bitcoin and have an account on Bitcointalk as well, I regularly chat on there.

AnCapDalek1 likes this

Isn't there one for Kanye West or something?

I used a dummy practice account to trade bitcoins before. It's all just based on luck. I bought like 100 when it was $250 when I saw in the history that $250 is the lowest it has ever been, suddenly it drops to $200 so i got a loss. Then all of a sudden it rises up to $500. There's no telling where the price is going to go.

Mexiguy likes this

It is absolutely mental at times, be very careful and never invest what you can afford to lose, I love Bitcoin but this is an unregulated market and anything can happen in an unregulated market, at least until we get a lot more people trading it. The theory is that as more volume comes in the price will stabalise because it will be a lot harder for someone to dump several thousand onto the market and fuck with everything but you still have altcoins for example that can be totally messed with in this way.

So far at least with Bitcoin the theory has proven to be true but it's still not something for the faint of heart and I'd argue that the only reason that paper currencies are 'stable' is because they artificially fix the interest rates and the exchange rates which isn't really a free market at all is it?

p.s. Kanye West is a cunt and sued the developers of the coin for using his likeness >_<

http://www.coindesk.com/kanye-west-sues-coinye-altcoin-oblivion/ - Source

p.s. Kanye West is a cunt and sued the developers of the coin for using his likeness >_<

http://www.coindesk.com/kanye-west-sues-coinye-altcoin-oblivion/ - Source

Well, that's sounds like the douche that he is.

Darkcoin may actual beat bitcoin but Govs hate them because they cant regulate them many countrys have banned their use

That's where DarkWallet comes in ;) Your move U.S!

That's where DarkWallet comes in ;) Your move U.S!

We got nickels that cost 8 cents to make.

Check yo self, son.

nickyzhere likes this