• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ysnar

What faction will the Angry Army be in Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade?

71 posts in this topic

Selling convenience is generally accepted by players, I know I have absolutely no problem with it. It doesn't hurt anyone and people who go chinese on their grinding will be ahead anyway if you enjoy the game throwing 5 dollars their way every 6 months is not a big deal too I've never overspent on a f2p game myself and don't see how people could "fall for it" at all. You can buy every weapon with grindable currency on PS2 far as I know.

Well done, you are exactly the kind of sucker games developers love, because they can sell textured models to you rather than actual gaming content and you'll be happy.

Well done, you are exactly the kind of sucker games developers love, because they can sell textured models to you rather than actual gaming content and you'll be happy.

coz locking content behind paywall is much better than selling cosmetics

coz locking content behind paywall is much better than selling cosmetics

I'd rather that than have them force me to buy digital items in order to compete with gamers or be forced to grind several weeks otherwise.

Ad hominem is frowned upon in these parts. You're also wrong in your assessment and even if you were right it would be my problem, a problem you seem to be happy to openly mock instead of trying to help or understand, what does that say about you?

I'd rather that than have them force me to buy digital items in order to compete with gamers or be forced to grind several weeks otherwise.

Locking content behind paywall IS forcing you to pay in order to compete. Cosmetics, on the other hand, is just cosmetics.

Insulting other members or attempting to start a fight is not allowed here. If you want to discuss what you believe to be merits or problems with the way a game or company does something do it in a more civil manner.

Ysnar and Gone too like this

i hope angry joe will support the Orks cause they are the biggest and best

Theyve already said somewhere on their sites the rogue trader points you get from the founders packs and such are used to buy stuff. I'm guessing there will be microtransactions where you can either play the game and earn stuff or just buy it. Also the only thing fair about their pricing that I've seen is that playing as orks will be free so you can test the game out before you buy anything, some of the founders packs are rediculously expensive.

Space Marines. No traitor. Blood Angels being the obvious chapter choice for the red and black colour scheme.

Dyzzles likes this

Space Marines. No traitor. Blood Angels being the obvious chapter choice for the red and black colour scheme.

Another slave of the false emperor. Your blood will give me strength.

Ixnatifual likes this

I think that we will have an Ork battalion since I imagine that there will be people who would like to try this game via the F2P mode.

Dyzzles likes this

I think that we will have an Ork battalion since I imagine that there will be people who would like to try this game via the F2P mode.

Yeah, this kinda' seems like a given.

I reckon that Space Marines will end up the most popular race. I wouldn't mind them, or Orks.

But not Eldar. I hate Eldar  :angry:

Dyzzles and Bimpy782 like this

One word:

WAAAAGH!

3769158-orks.jpg

best post ive seen on here congrats

From what I did see so far, this game is basicly 'Space Marines' from THQ as MMO... does any of you still play this game

soulnightmare likes this

From what I did see so far, this game is basicly 'Space Marines' from THQ as MMO... does any of you still play this game

With a planetside styled tactical map it would actually be quite enjoyable. I quite liked WAR's campaign and would still play it if the game hadn't been considered a failure, put into maintenance mode(but still with a sub) and subsequently killed.

But no one knows for sure if the game's good by now I suppose. I'm a bit weary myself since it's all been mediocre or terrible releases from GW licensed games for a while now but looking forward to try it.

Knowing Joe, the Angry Army's probably gonna be Space Marines, Blood Angels. That's why I didn't put all my points into my Ultramarines character. Wonder if Sisters of Battle will be playable?

Man, I hope this game works out, considering how much I've spent on it. I've gotta get my (recently acquired) founder's/membership habit under control.

Knowing Joe, the Angry Army's probably gonna be Space Marines, Blood Angels. That's why I didn't put all my points into my Ultramarines character. Wonder if Sisters of Battle will be playable?

Man, I hope this game works out, considering how much I've spent on it. I've gotta get my (recently acquired) founder's/membership habit under control.

Can't different chapters play together anyway? I thought the founder prices were steep myself for a game that hasn't a lot of information available yet. I take it you're in some kind of beta? How's it? The footage I've seem doesn't look even close to finished even though the concept looks cool.

I vote Followers of Khorne (Chaos) ! ^_^  We are the Angry Army!..

lets compare Chaos Marine vs Space Marine

Black_Legion.jpg vs Blood_Angel.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but the Chaos marines seams like the most badass choice here

Edit: Changed both pictures for a more accurate compare and added some text for the readers. Thx Dyzzles

Chaos Space Marine, also sometimes called a Traitor Marine or a Renegade Marine, is a former Loyalist Space Marine of the Imperium of Man who has chosen to betray the service of the Emperor of Mankind and dedicate his soul to the service of Chaos and its foul deities. Such corrupt Astartes normally belong to one of the 9 Traitor Legions that betrayed the Emperor during the ancient civil war called the Horus Heresy more than 10,000 standard years ago, while others come from Space Marine Chapters created long after the Heresy ended that have turned Renegade. Chaos can corrupt Astartes of any time and place just as its siren call leads many lesser men to their damnation.

During the Horus Heresy, the terrible Imperial civil war that pitted the Battle-Brothers of the 18 known Space Marine Legions against one another, there were two factions. These were the Loyalist Space Marines who continued to serve the Imperium and the Emperor of Mankind and the Chaos Space Marines of the Traitor Legions who betrayed the Emperor's trust and pledged their souls to the dark service of the 4 Ruinous Powers of Chaos. Some Traitor Marines pledged their service to all 4 of the Dark Gods, a force known as Chaos Undivided, whilst others preferred to dedicate themselves to the worship of only a single one of the Ruinous Powers. The Traitor Legions were led by the Warmaster Horus, once a Primarch of the Imperium and the Emperor's most trusted friend, son, and adviser before he was corrupted by the promises and lies of the Dark Gods and his own inner flaws.

The Traitor Legions were the most powerful component of the Forces of Chaos which fought during the Heresy, which also included the myriad daemons of the Warp, human Traitors from the Imperial Army, the Dark Mechanicus and Chaos Cultists drawn from across the galaxy. The flesh and Power Armour of Chaos Space Marines often warps and twists into new, darker and inhuman forms under the influence of the Chaos energies they are exposed to as their shapes morph to embody the corrupted Astartes' new allegiance. Chaos Space Marines fight for everything they were once forbidden to indulge in as the ascetic servants of the Emperor and the selfless guardians of Mankind. Pleasure, wealth, but above all else the power to rule their fellow men in the name of the Chaos Gods, is the driving ambition and goal of every Chaos Space Marine.

vs

The Space Marines or Adeptus Astartes are foremost amongst the defenders of humanity, the greatest of the Emperor of Mankind's warriors. They are barely human at all, but superhuman; having been made superior in all respects to a normal man by a harsh regime of genetic modification, psycho-conditioning and rigorous training. Space Marines are untouched by plague or any natural disease and can suffer wounds that would kill a lesser being several times over, and live to fight again. Clad in ancient Power Armour and wielding the most potent weapons known to Man, the Space Marines are terrifying foes and their devotion to the Emperor and the Imperium of Man is unyielding. They are the God-Emperor's Angels of Death, and they know no fear.

The Astartes are physically stronger, far more resilient and often mentally far removed from the lot of most normal human beings. In the presence of the Astartes, most people feel a combination of awe and fear, and many cultures on the more primitive worlds simply worship them outright as demigods or angels of the God-Emperor made flesh. They should feel so, for many Space Marines feel little compassion for those they have sometimes termed "mortals" in comparison to themselves, seeing the very people they were created to protect as little more than obstacles to a more efficient eradication of the Imperium's enemies. This is an attitude sometimes taken by whole Chapters. They see normal humans as frail, weak creatures given to the follies of temptation, avarice, greed, lust and cowardice -- all emotions they rarely feel, if ever. Yet there are some Astartes who remember why they were created by the Emperor, who avoid the trap of hubris which the Space Marines are so prone to and which has seduced so many of their number to serve the Ruinous Powers of Chaos. They are the final guardians of Mankind, the saviours of last resort. They were intended not to lead humanity, but to defend it, sometimes even from itself. At the heart of that mission lies the limitless compassion the Emperor extended to every man and woman in the galaxy when he willingly chose to condemn himself to more than 10,000 years of imprisonment within a dying prison of flesh for their sake. Some Astartes sneer at compassion, seeing it as one more human weakness that has been purged from their superior bodies and minds. But the wisest of the Space Marines know that in the end compassion is their only salvation, as it is for all men. In that, they have proven themselves to be fully human.

Potential Space Marines are usually, but not always, recruited from the worlds where a Chapter has established its Fortress-Monastery, although some Chapters are known to recruit from a collection of different worlds in an area of space that they protect or frequent. Recruiting methods vary from Chapter to Chapter. Some select their Neophytes from feral tribes roaming the surface of inhospitable worlds, while others draw upon eager volunteers who have been groomed from birth to become an Astartes. Still others watch and kidnap potential warriors, turning them into Astartes whether they will it or not. Whatever the method, all Space Marine Chapters will only accept those who successfully pass the grueling initiation trials and prove themselves worthy of becoming a Space Marine.

However a man becomes a Space Marine does not matter: once his body has been forged into that of a transhuman Astartes, he must forever stand apart from the people to whom he was once kin and who he is now sworn to protect. Once a man becomes a Space Marine, he is no longer mortal; his genetic heritage is now that of the Emperor Himself, and a spark of the same divine majesty flows in his veins.

There are approximately 1,000 Space Marine Chapters active in the Imperium of Man at any one time. A list to most of them can be found here. This number has stayed relatively constant since the Second Founding in the 31st Millennium following the Horus Heresy when the First Founding Space Marine Legions were broken up. However, this number remains far from exact and may fluctuate widely depending on the time period and the circumstances confronting the Imperium

Edited by Mondez
Ysnar likes this

I vote Followers of Khorne (Chaos) ! ^_^  We are the Angry Army!..

lets compare Chaos Marine vs Space Marine

Ilove.jpg vs ilove2.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but the Chaos marines seams like the most badass choice here

Huh... Both of those pictures are Chaos Space Marines. o.O

Mondez, Ysnar and Gone too like this

None of the Chaos factions are aligned to a specific god. The developers felt it was too restrictive, if I recall correctly.

Huh... Both of those pictures are Chaos Space Marines. o.O

I think the first one is even a Chaos Warrior from Warhammer Fantasy, and not 40k. But it's fixed now.

I see it as Warhammer 40k: Space Marine meets Planetside 2. I played through Space Marine a couple of times and enjoyed it, but never tried the multiplayer. Maybe I thought it was a bit boring that there were only Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines, and I think they were carbon copies of each other except with a different skin.
Dyzzles likes this