• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquila

GTA V Update (1.17): The Last Team Standing

13 posts in this topic

Welcome to the GTA V and Online Update Thread

The one-stop AJSA update thread!

...What? No this isn't for posting pictures of your character's updated wardrobe. We already have a topic for that.
(And my character is still looking snazzy...)

As the title implies, this is the place to go for info on GTA V's latest updates, including discussing the newest additions to the game. (or... *ahem* ommissions.) And also to organize players and groups for event weekends or general haberdashery.

Event Directory
(Click to explore)

The Last Team Standing Update (1.17)
San Andreas Anniversary Weekend

Crew page for the PS3 can be found here: 
emblem_128.png

Crew page for the 360 can be found here:
emblem_128.png

Blosser101 likes this

actual_1412244603.jpg

The Last Team Standing Update

So starting today, Rockstar has released their newest update to the game. Last Team Standing seems to focus on the gametype of the same name, allowing players to create custom jobs of the LTS variety. It also introduces two new weapons, three new vehicles (including 2 motorcycles from GTA IV: The Lost and Damned) and a new armor called Bulletproof Helmets. These are supposed to functionally give you some enhanced protection against headshots. How well they work... well I intend to find out soon.

Here's an overview of some of the basic additions to the game.

Top Changes

• The Creators section has now been expanded to include the new Last Team Standing (LTS) Creator. This new option will be available alongside the Races, Deathmatch, and Capture Creators. 
  • An option has been added to the phone which allows players to disable Snapmatic’s “Quick launch” being activated by double tapping up on the D-pad.
  • A ‘Rounds’ option has been added to Capture and LTS creators to allow players to play a ‘First to Win’ series of matches. This can be set to 1 - 7 rounds.
  • A new ‘Random Job’ option has been added to the booting screen to allow players to get straight into Jobs.
  • A new vehicle has been added to Legendary Motorsport: Lampadati Furore GT.
  • Three new vehicles have been added to Southern San Andreas Super-Autos: LCC Innovation, Shitzu Hakuchou, Canis Kalahari Topless.
  • Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Heavy Shotgun, Marksman Rifle
  • 20 new ‘Flags of the World’ themed parachute bags have been added to Ammu-Nation in GTA Online only.
  • Over 30 new team themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
  • New Bulletproof Helmets in 5 different colors have been made available in clothes stores. The Helmet will give players limited protection against headshots.
  • Two new masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks: Combat Mask, Skeletal.
  • A large range of new LTS Jobs have been added: Tataviam Truckstop, Storm Drain, Skyscraper, Paleto Bay, N.O.O.S.E, Mount Josiah, Hawick, Grand Banks, Del Perro Freeway, Alta.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to place Crew Emblems on some types of Jackets.

The full list of changes can be found here.

actual_1412285481.jpg

EVENT WEEKEND: OCT 3rd - 5th

Looks to be your typical event weekend. You got your sweepstakes, your photo contests, and your livestream event. The things worth pointing out are the 50% discount (because holy cow, you need to accumulate a lot of money to get what you want in this game), the 20% bonus Crew RP for some quicker leveling, and the double RP rates for LTS that stacks with the Crew RP bonus for 40% RP in LTS.

Is LTS my favorite gametype? Nah not really. When doing the tutorial I was pretty good at it (in fact I was the sole survivor on my team a couple of times), but that was when I was armed with naught but a pistol and a shotgun. Things are a bit more complicated now. But I'll give it a shot if there's some Angry Army soldiers who wanna play.

Blosser101 likes this

Not a fan of any PvP multiplayer in GTA. I prefer missions. Still waiting on that mysterious Heists DLC.... :(

Aquila likes this

I just came for the motorbikes! WroomWroom!

Aquila likes this

I just came for the motorbikes! WroomWroom!

Yeah I liked the Innovation in TLAD, so I'm sorta glad it got a GTA V makeover.

One thing I'm not fond of in the update are the facemasks. Unfortunately my character's head is too big (much like its real-life counterpart) and clips through the mask. And the Team armor is kinda underwhelming and also shockingly low-rez. I'ma take some pictures/video of it later, but it looks like crap. Maybe it's just my internet? Anyone like the new additions?

Lossar likes this

One thing I'm not fond of in the update are the facemasks. Unfortunately my character's head is too big (much like its real-life counterpart) and clips through the mask. And the Team armor is kinda underwhelming and also shockingly low-rez. I'ma take some pictures/video of it later, but it looks like crap. Maybe it's just my internet? Anyone like the new additions?

Going to take a closer look at the new additions now (assuming my internet wants to cooperate), though I got to say that I think they should be able to at least clip-secure the new masks.

Also, I noticed that there was an event going on. Does the AJSA have any plans regarding this?

I don't think we have many plans since A. not many people are online these days and B... er... Smash Bros. came out? I dunno.

But I'll be online periodically if people want to jump into my GTA game or get a game mode other than Contact Missions going.

I'll probably be streaming while I'm online too, so check that out if you wanna. It should show in my signature when the Stream's online, but that thing hasn't been working too well so I wouldn't rely on it. I should probably find a better Twitch indicator.

Allrighty then, guess Smash Bros takes priority :(

Anyways, about the update: Discovered that i still dislike LTS... not an update for me, i guess. The bikes are still cool though!

I don't mind LTS, but I think I prefer weapon-restricted games over "anything goes". By this point we have DLC weapons that you can buy right off the bat that are stronger than their base counterparts.

Lost my MUSKET why is that good SIRS

I didn't get the Independence Day stuff so I couldn't tell you what happened with that.

Though on a semi-related note, is it just me or did Rockstar remodel their support website so you can't submit tickets anymore? I can't figure out how to report a problem, and I was fairly active in reporting GTA Online problems. Can anyone else submit a ticket?

actual_1414073750.jpg

San Andreas Anniversary Weekend (Oct 24-26)

In celebration for the 10th Anniversary of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there's gonna have an event weekend.

It's not a real update, but there's some new content so I guess it's worth mentioning.

Starting tomorrow there will be a double GTA$/RP bonus on their featured playlist, which will be the San Andreas throwback jobs. There's also some new T-shirts based on the radio stations from GTA:SA, and a discount on green clothes (the color of the Grove Street Families) as well as BMX bikes and... car suspension?

So yeah kind of a weak event overall. I'm not sure if you have to play the whole playlist to get the bonuses or if you could just do their corresponding jobs like races and stuff to get the bonus.

I think the greater question is whether or not there's going to be some kind of Halloween update. An event maybe, but I'm not sure there'll be an update. Next month is when the game is releasing for Next Gen, so this is probably the last new content we're getting for a while. I'm not really worried there'll be a serverexplode like the original GTA Online launch had, cause I'm not sure that many people even have Next Gen consoles yet... but we'll see.

In case you've been kinda alert-deaf to GTA V lately (which admittedly I've been) the heists have finally be released.

Normally here is where I would put a bunch of info and stuff on the latest update, but to be fair I'm out of touch with the latest in GTA V. I actually traded it in hoping I'd be able to save up for a PS4 and buy it back, but long story short that ended up not happening so I just got it for PS3 again.

I haven't seen anything posted on it in this section in a while save for a few vets talking about heists. There's actually been another forum topic discussing recruitment over here. I'd like to help bring the PS3 players into the game if there are any left. Send me a PM on the forums if you wanna talk about organizing a heist. I might even stream some stuff if I can get my PC to run the capture smoothly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0