• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nya`

Tuesday releases...

49 posts in this topic

Anyone else getting tired of new games releasing basically exclusively on Tuesday's? Why not Friday's? Do they not realize that people work, are tired when they get home and their only chance to game is on the weekend... Four days later...

This is seriously frustrating, Sunset Overdrive just came out and I can't even play it until Friday night...

I thought games came out whenever.

Must be the Tripple A's only then.

They're like movies when they come out for home release... hell, even on-demand is the same with movies.

There must some business strategy that was studied and perfected for eons by the upper echelons of Corporate Commander's council of sales to see what day yielded the best sales amount for the first week or whatever. I can only imagine some guy with the Cobra Commander cloth mask pointing to a bunch of graphs on an easel.

IrishRogue likes this

I think, maybe, they probably do it because there might be less of a chance to be completely bum rushed. I imagine if more midnight releases were done on Friday, Gamestop and the like would get flooded with people who pre-ordered/people wanting to get the game at midnight.

Why is it bad they come out on Tuesday? Do you HAVE to play it on the day it comes out? Coming out on Tuesday gives almost an entire week of reviews and general feedback from those who can play during the week. If it ends up good, I'll grab it on Friday... O.o

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

I've never noticed a trend like this before to be honest, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Video Games on Tuesdays, Movies on Fridays. I see no problem.

Since people work or go to school (college at least) at different times on different days I don't really have any problem with it.

there's millions of people who have jobs where they have to work irregular hours and irregular days. tonnes of people work on the weekend while others are off. a large portion of people are going to be off work on every day of the week - whichever day it gets released plenty of people are going to get to play it either way.

of course a shame it can't be you specifically on a tuesday but that's life man.

Why is it bad they come out on Tuesday? Do you HAVE to play it on the day it comes out? Coming out on Tuesday gives almost an entire week of reviews and general feedback from those who can play during the week. If it ends up good, I'll grab it on Friday... O.o

Video Games on Tuesdays, Movies on Fridays. I see no problem.

.... I fail to see the problem.

Since people work or go to school (college at least) at different times on different days I don't really have any problem with it.

there's millions of people who have jobs where they have to work irregular hours and irregular days. tonnes of people work on the weekend while others are off. a large portion of people are going to be off work on every day of the week - whichever day it gets released plenty of people are going to get to play it either way.

of course a shame it can't be you specifically on a tuesday but that's life man.

Monday through Friday is universally accepted everywhere as business days, Saturday and Sunday are not even though business is conducted at some places on these days. I understand that people work and go to school and have varying weekly schedules but that doesn't change the fact that these games are releasing essentially during the middle of the business week. A Monday through Friday work/school schedule is also the majority holder in the world of scheduling, so releasing games at the beginning/middle of this business week is a complete inconvenience for the majority, this is exactly why movies release prevalently on Friday's, the WEEK-END.

Having a game available at the beginning/middle of the week is like owning a Ferrari that you can't drive because it's raining heavily until Friday night. When you get home from work the last thing you want/can do is play a game, you have things to get done, things to get ready for the morning, prepare/eat dinner and then go to bed. Games releasing on a Tuesday just doesn't make sense and it doesn't fit in with the typical work/school schedule.

If were going by general hours you work 8-4, 9-5, 7-3, you can easily fit some time in if you really wanted unless your sleeping like 12 hours a day which in that case why. Also not true in all cases just look at bayonetta 2 for example. PS the raining comment literally makes no sense what so ever lol. 

Crazycrab likes this

If were going by general hours you work 8-4, 9-5, 7-3, you can easily fit some time in if you really wanted unless your sleeping like 12 hours a day which in that case why. Also not true in all cases just look at bayonetta 2 for example. PS the raining comment literally makes no sense what so ever lol. 

I work five 10's, and this does not include commute time to and from wherever we happen to be working that day, that gives me about 3-4 hours before I have to go to bed. In that time I have to spend time with my girlfriend, get things ready for the morning, pay bills, get things from the store I need and so on, you know life.

P.S. That Ferrari and rain comment makes perfect sense if you actually bothered to think about it, people do not like to/don't drive their exotic or expensive cars in the rain... It's called an analogy bud...

This is why video games are a luxury. You don't HAVE to play video games. You do it when you have time. Unless of course its your job, or closely tied to your job, in which case, it doesn't matter when they come out.

You don't have time to play video games, that's too bad. Not a big deal, play when you do.

This is the very definition of a "First World Problem".

A hassle to one does not = majority your point doesn't stand. P.S. If that's what you really think than your not in tune with your local race culture what so ever.

Nya` likes this

I've never noticed a trend like this before to be honest, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Likely be different in your region, I know one of the major reasons most games come out different days in Europe and the US(since I live in the americas I usually get the US release btw) is the regular shipping days of the week to retailers. A source of much frustration to European players as I understand it.

P.S. That Ferrari and rain comment makes perfect sense if you actually bothered to think about it, people do not like to/don't drive their exotic or expensive cars in the rain... It's called an analogy bud...

That's not the reason it doesn't make sense.  "Oh Crap!  It's raining on a Wednesday so I can't drive my car!  If only it were Saturday when there is obviously no chance of it raining then I wouldn't have this problem!"

We all have Jobs and/or education, family and various other commitments outside of gaming and you cant expect everything to revolve around you'r own personal schedule so just like everything else you work it in when it's convenient.  If a game releases on a Tuesday and for whatever reason I can't play it on the same day then I play it later, I never really saw it as an issue. 

I never really saw it as an issue. 

Because it's not an issue.

Also, if someone owns a Ferrari and is sad or angry that they can't take it out when it's raining, boo-frickin-hoo. They knew what they were getting into when they bought a Luxury Sports / Super Car. Whoever makes this huge oversight when buying a Ferrari or similar vehicle, they didn't think their purchase through. You might as well be saying, "Oh damn, it's snowing / there's ice on the road. I can't take my bike / motorcycle out."

This is the most nothing complaint I have ever heard in my life.

Hell, if anything, it would be a huge advantage that you don't feel pressured to buy a game at release, so you have an extra four days to get impressions and reviews before you make your purchase (for those games that are embargoed right up until midnight on release day)

LaserBunny and Mr_E_Meatshield like this

I sense an abundance of teenage juveniles/man children in this thread who are unemployed and greatly downplay their excitement for a new game...

Real talk though everything I said still stands, basically every game which releases hits on a Tuesday. This is not only an inconvenience to me, but also to anyone residing in the vast majority of the gainfully employed.

Monday through Friday is the universal business and school week, that cannot be argued. The overwhelming vast majority of people work and go to school on these days, these game releases are poised almost directly in the middle of that week when a lot of people are simply too busy for luxuries.

Imagine having to deal with this continually, owning something or knowing something is out that you can get but can't use, it burns a hole in your head. Imagine the PlayStation 4 just released, you've been wanting to get it since you heard about it, you buy it and all you can do is stare at it for four days, this would piss anybody off...

And as far as that Ferrari analogy goes, it's an analogy... Something used to make a point understood, it doesn't have to conform to reality, you can know the weather will be nice, because it's a god damned analogy...

I swear a lot of you people post contrarian responses just for the sake of doing so...

P.S. "First world problems" do not exist, a problem is a problem no matter what, and the severity in which it affects you is 100% relative.

First, shaming people as "teenage juveniles/man children" because they disagree with you doesn't establish faith in your own level of maturity either, just FYI.

Second, my point was that I don't care what day it comes out. I work a normal weekly job, just as you stated, and I couldn't care less whether I get the game on Tuesday and can't play until Friday night. Would I like to play it on Tuesday? Sure, depending on the game. Sometimes I even get to. Do I think they need to change release days because of that? I don't really see why it matters. They could release it on Wednesday or Thursday for all I care. As long as I get to play the game at some point, playing it on the specific day it releases is just not that important.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Crazycrab like this

I work five 10's, and this does not include commute time to and from wherever we happen to be working that day, that gives me about 3-4 hours before I have to go to bed. In that time I have to spend time with my girlfriend, get things ready for the morning, pay bills, get things from the store I need and so on, you know life.

i can estimate that if you automated your bills with direct debits, shopped on weekends when you have all day, and balanced your time with your GF, you would get up to 2 hours free time every single evening to play games and sleep the current amount you do, so long as of course the work planning for the next day doesn't get in the way - if thats unavoidable then i estimate between 1-2 hours of game time.

you also said you work 10 hours a day. im going to estimate your commuting is 1 hour morning and 1 hour evening going back home. lets also throw in a 1 hour lunch while on that 10 hour shift, making it 11 hours at work and 2 hours traveling to and from - 13 hours before you are home. you said then, 3-4 hours of evening time before going to bed. so that's 16-17 hours of the day gone. 24 - 16 = 8. or 24 - 17 = 7.

so we have established on an estimate you are sleeping everyday between 7-8 hours. this is too much in my opinion. 5 and a half hours is enough sleep for a mid 20s adult. if you are younger than this you can be forgiven, but if older than this, or this age, you should really try and get your body into a rhythm of 5.5 hours sleep monday to thursday, and on friday and saturday nights you can sleep 6.5 hours, 1 extra hour to compensate the body incase you are feeling drained. after a short while from getting so used to it, you wont even be able to sleep for 6.5 hours, your body will naturally be waking at 5.5 hours easily.

there is no real need for 7-8 hours of sleep. it's actually been studied scientifically that all of the cell regeneration and REM sleep that your body actually needs to re-energize for the next entire day happens between 4-5 hours in sleep. the extra time spent asleep is simply wasted life.

imagine if you lived til 85 years old and slept on average everyday 7.5 hours instead of 5.5 hours. that's 2 hours per day of your life gone. lets now assume you did this sleep pattern of 7.5 hours from the age of 15 to 85, being 70 years. 2 hours x 365 days in 1 year =  730 hours. 730 hours per year x 70 years = 51100 hours wasted in 70 years. 51100 hours divided by 24 hours for 1 day = 2129 days. 2129 days divided by 365 days in a year = .......... 

5.8 YEARS, of potential real time to play video games and do whatever else you want, wasted on oversleeping.

hope this helps mate.

I sense an abundance of teenage juveniles/man children in this thread who are unemployed and greatly downplay their excitement for a new game...

Real talk though everything I said still stands, basically every game which releases hits on a Tuesday. This is not only an inconvenience to me, but also to anyone residing in the vast majority of the gainfully employed.

Monday through Friday is the universal business and school week, that cannot be argued. The overwhelming vast majority of people work and go to school on these days, these game releases are poised almost directly in the middle of that week when a lot of people are simply too busy for luxuries.

Imagine having to deal with this continually, owning something or knowing something is out that you can get but can't use, it burns a hole in your head. Imagine the PlayStation 4 just released, you've been wanting to get it since you heard about it, you buy it and all you can do is stare at it for four days, this would piss anybody off...

And as far as that Ferrari analogy goes, it's an analogy... Something used to make a point understood, it doesn't have to conform to reality, you can know the weather will be nice, because it's a god damned analogy...

I swear a lot of you people post contrarian responses just for the sake of doing so...

P.S. "First world problems" do not exist, a problem is a problem no matter what, and the severity in which it affects you is 100% relative.

I'm speechless. 

This is not a major issue at all and there is ABSOLUTELY no point in calling people juvenile because they disagree with you. You make it sound like it's the end of the world because a game got released on Tuesday and you can't play because you work. Many people are like that but you just gotta suck it up and wait for Friday or whenever you a free.

And seriously, stop calling people juvenile because of something that doesn't fit you.

Companies release it when they feel like releasing it, they planned it for whatever reason, they can't make EVERYTHING perfect. I mean, I'm not talking about you specifically at all now but I saw a comment once on Facebook where a guy complained about some crap little problem in some video game for NO REASON. The problem was almost non-existent and then some 2 dudes joined him and they made every game developer look like bullcrap. I mean gamers can be more freaking whiny than any other kind of people on Earth. Gamers literally whine about everything, tbh I sometimes feel sorry for some game developing companies. Some of us gamers can be such whining babies whining about smallest bugs in-game to anything else that bothers them.

1. "I paid $50 for this game, I wanna play it on Friday because I don't work and I'm free then." 

2. "OMG I just put this game on and it says I can't play it because it says blabla is missing from game folder. I paid for this game!"

3. "This game is so stupid it doesn't have this because I love this and it's doesn't have it. This is the worst game of the year. I wasted my fifty bucks on crap."

Get used to it! Games aren't the only products in the world that can fail, that can suck or that simply don't satisfy EVERY gamer. 

I can understand someone complaining about a bug, or bad gameplay but about release dates?

Man, you need to get used to it. This isn't just for games, lots of people who enjoy watching movies, their favorite movies come out on Mondays or Tuesdays and then they can't watch it because they work. This is a problem that will NEVER be solved. Companies won't move to weekend release dates just because people are free then. They have reasons why they release them whoever they release them, you can't make a problem out of it, just gotta get used to it.

Crazycrab and Mr_E_Meatshield like this

Actually the more I think about it, Tuesday makes perfect sense for a developer.  they the shift on Monday to finalize the code for a day 1 update and then the rest of the week to fix any other release bugs that get reported.

You SERIOUSLY need to get a grip!