• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
God Revan

Buggiest Game Of The Year! [DO NOT BUY!!!]

32 posts in this topic

Congratz City Interactive, you bunch of lazy fucking copycat assholes! Lords of the Fallen is a VERY disappointing game and this video here shows the most ridiculous bugs that this game have. I IMPLORE you guys to NOT BUY Lords Of The Fallen. Spread this around and the video. It shows the most critical points.

likes this

Steam reviews on the game page is Mixed (at 63% currently) so I don't see high hopes for this game as it does look like a shameless Dark Souls clone.

what does buggy have to do with copycat asshole? In any case I'm sad the game is buggy, I was looking forward to it, and it still looks fun as long as the bugginess goes away. I just hope they don't pull a battlefield 4, doubt they will but yeah, wont pay until I see it working better.

oh please about the dark souls clone. Nobody qq'd devil may cry was a castlevania lament of innocence clone, or dr mario was a tetris clone, or unreal was a quake clone, I could go on and on and on... taking a kind of game that is relatively unusual in of itself and trying to mold it into your vision is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing... of course 2d fighting games don't get qq'd for being a street fighter clone, because somehow having a 5000th version of that as opposed to a 2nd or 3rd is ok right?

Dark souls is a "demon's souls" clone.. and yes I know it's made by the same team and a spiritual successor, but well, there's irony there.

Emphase likes this

Metacritic got the score of 71 while the user's feedback and reviews are all positive?! Are they on drugs or something?!

Half the people I hear talking about it say it is really good, and half the things I hear are people talking about bugs or optimization issues.

Metacritic got the score of 71 while the user's feedback and reviews are all positive?! Are they on drugs or something?!

What? no they weren't... user review score on metacritic is 78, pretty close... and metacritic doesn't review, it just shows you the average of all the reviewers, not that I have any respect for them anyway, but in this case their reaction doesn't seem odd at all.

That said, even if the difference was large, given the fact this topic is about its bugginess, and reviewer copies tend to be a patch or two behind release copies, perhaps bugs were fixed in between, not that I think is the case here, just a possibility.

Damn my router connection from COX for laggy and awful connection performance. I need to replace new clean router from COX. So anyway. This game is like made by LJN. Similar to other negative games such as Gettysburg: Armored Warfare (compared to mixed game from Total War series such as Total War: Rome 2 and well as Total War: Empire), Star Trek The Game, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Enemy Within, Risen, Guise of the Wolf, Day One: Garry's Incident and even Ride to Hell: Retribution. You think this game is a rip-off to From Software's Demon's/Dark Souls series and well as The Elder Scrolls series? Try Dark Souls I & II.

I only ever played Demons Souls and I hated it so I didn't really have mutch interest in this game anyway.

Has anyone here actually played the game, or are we supposed to take DSP's word for it?

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of the guy who couldn't figure out how to access his inventory in MGS2 and blamed the game for everything.

Has anyone here actually played the game, or are we supposed to take DSP's word for it?

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of the guy who couldn't figure out how to access his inventory in MGS2 and blamed the game for everything.

What port was it?  I can't speak for Ground Zero's but I've played every other MGS on at least 1 console port and the inventory was pretty much the same every time.  Hold L2 for items, hold R2 for weapons (PlayStation DUALSHOCK).  That's pretty bad that he couldn't figure it out!

Jesus Christ, will I ever be able to escape DSP. I was a mod on his forum, I left like 4 months ago, and I think I've seen more of his videos since then than I did in the 4 months before I buggered off.

But anyway, on topic. I never really expected much from this game, honestly it seemed like another tech demo type of game on next-gen, a developer saying "lets try and make a game like Dark Souls, but prettier, and a little more user friendly". I watched a guy online playing through it for the first hour or so, he was raving at how good it was and saying how much he enjoyed it, so I thought maybe it might be a bit more than what I thought. It's been a funny year for games this one, the games that everyone expects to come out and do incredibly well have mostly sucked, the new IP's that I thought looked more like tech demos started off crap but this year have actually been pretty good, it's like all the Dark Horses are flying out the gate.

It doesn't bother me particularly if Lords of the Fallen is buggy now, in all likelihood it will mean the pricetag drops like a stone even though it will get patched up. From what I've heard the bugs and glitches are only happening to about 10% of users, which is about as much as any game really. If it doesn't pick up too much bad rep for it and the devs can patch it up quick enough then it looks like it will do well, hopefully it doesn't get too burned up by people like Phil who complains about the lack of new IPs and then takes the devs who are making new IPs and rips them to shit.

I have not because I don't often buy games at full prices like that, and DSP is an asshole and a beggar from what I know but that is irrelevant to the game.

Seriously? The proof is right in your face. Look at the video. Look at what's happening IN THE GAME.

I have not because I don't often buy games at full prices like that, and DSP is an asshole and a beggar from what I know but that is irrelevant to the game.

If you want to complain about Phil, do it on his forums, not here to talk shit about him. If you say it's irrelevant to this topic, then there is no need to have mentioned it in the first place. Keep in topic, this has NOTHING to do with DSP but what he's showing us which is the stupid bugginess of Lords Of The Fallen.

I went looking for bugs regarding this game. It just seems like this DPSgaming is out to get the developers at Lords of the Fallen. There is a couple of other people complaining they had bugs but most have been resolved fairly quickly with help from the community or the game devs themselves.

Now I must point out before I say this that this is in no way meant as hate as the youtuber in question.

With that said I watched his metal gear solid walk through and actually felt like I was being tortured watching him play trying to work out what some of the buttons are.... The guy hasn't got a clue what he is doing in some games which makes me think twice about his "professional opinion" especially when the guy can't even work out that HOLDING R1 IS YOUR INVENTORY....

The only way you're ever going to be able to find out if the game is truely buggy or broken in any way is trying out the game for your self and not going by other people's opinions... The amount's of times I have listened to an opinion and missed out on GOOD games is phenomenal.

Crazycrab and Twenty9Twelve like this

I went looking for bugs regarding this game. It just seems like this DPSgaming is out to get the developers at Lords of the Fallen. There is a couple of other people complaining they had bugs but most have been resolved fairly quickly with help from the community or the game devs themselves.

Now I must point out before I say this that this is in no way meant as hate as the youtuber in question.

With that said I watched his metal gear solid walk through and actually felt like I was being tortured watching him play trying to work out what some of the buttons are.... The guy hasn't got a clue what he is doing in some games which makes me think twice about his "professional opinion" especially when the guy can't even work out that HOLDING R1 IS YOUR INVENTORY....

The only way you're ever going to be able to find out if the game is truely buggy or broken in any way is trying out the game for your self and not going by other people's opinions... The amount's of times I have listened to an opinion and missed out on GOOD games is phenomenal.

Hit the nail on the head there. Like I said before, there doesn't seem to be lots of complaints about the game being buggy, most of the reviews I've seen from journalists and general users have been incredibly positive. Just because one person has a negative experience with a game it doesn't mean that it's a bad game. I'm not saying it's a good game either, I don't know if I'm the kind of person who would enjoy it, but judging by the overwhelmingly positive response it's getting I'm inclined to say that one video made by one person (no matter who that person is) slating the game, isn't going to wipe out all the positive response it's getting.

The only way you're ever going to be able to find out if the game is truely buggy or broken in any way is trying out the game for your self and not going by other people's opinions

Doing more research into it, how often you run into bugs, what's gotten fixed, what/if they plan to patch, what kind of setups are having problems is probably a better idea than spending $50-$60 to see how buggy/broken a game might be for you. If the game is that buggy/broken for everyone (which in this case it doesn't seem to be) you probably shouldn't be supporting them by buying their game anyway.

Doing more research into it, how often you run into bugs, what's gotten fixed, what/if they plan to patch, what kind of setups are having problems is probably a better idea than spending $50-$60 to see how buggy/broken a game might be for you.

Honestly I don't believe there will be patches any time soon, because if you see a game like Lords Of The Fallen that has situations like those presented in the video that are so apparent, I personally doubt that developers will be responsible enough to patch the bugs seeing as they didn't do any proper testing in order to prevent the bugs showned in the video.

After looking at his twitter I guess he was playing the PS4 version. Any positive reviews I've seen have always been for the PC version so I don't know if those have different problems or if patches have gotten out on the PC version with fixes that have not made it to the console version (or if certain issues just never existed on the PC version).

While I'm waiting to see how this game gets patched before buying, I -am- happy that we are seeing more games attempt their own take on the Souls formula. I'm a die hard souls fan from the beginning of the series, but I do think that there should be more games like it. 

To me, the souls series is like doom. First of it's kind, now let's see where other people can take it.

If issues like those happen on a PC, gamers can usually fix them with the Command prompt a game has; although don't know if EVERY PC Game has a Command Prompt to fix issues such as those.

If issues like those happen on a PC, gamers can usually fix them with the Command prompt a game has; although don't know if EVERY PC Game has a Command Prompt to fix issues such as those.

Don't think PC console commands are going to fix buggy AI like that. Also, don't know if it's because the game is still new, but there are no issues listed on PC Gaming Wiki. Don't even think editing the .INI file will fix these types of problems.

Note, I don't know if the PC version really has none of these bugs, I did not buy the game, nor do I have any plans to do so any time soon.

Don't think PC console commands are going to fix buggy AI like that. Also, don't know if it's because the game is still new, but there are no issues listed on PC Gaming Wiki. Don't even think editing the .INI file will fix these types of problems.

Note, I don't know if the PC version really has none of these bugs, I did not buy the game, nor do I have any plans to do so any time soon.

But as we can see, there are in the PS4 version. And thx for the correction, I meant to say "Console Commands".

Seriously? The proof is right in your face. Look at the video. Look at what's happening IN THE GAME.

For something being billed as the "buggiest game ever," he sure didn't have much footage. Maybe what, 6 minutes out of his 7 hours? And some of them aren't even bugs, while others are so ubiquitous in games today that bringing them up just feels petty. Oh, an enemy didn't play an animation correctly. Oh, the hitboxes extend beyond the character models. Oh, the souls-style of platform jumping sucks. Oh, an enemy got stuck in a hole. Oh, an enemy runs back to it's spawn if you lure it too far away. He cries wolf so often that it makes me wonder what he was doing wrong in the game when actual problems happen (the crashes).

If you want to complain about Phil, do it on his forums, not here to talk shit about him. If you say it's irrelevant to this topic, then there is no need to have mentioned it in the first place. Keep in topic, this has NOTHING to do with DSP but what he's showing us which is the stupid bugginess of Lords Of The Fallen.

No, you absolutely must consider the source when dealing with stuff like this. Did you not watch the MGS2 video? It honestly made me wonder when he had the "can't respawn glitch" here, if he was just being dense and not hitting the X button like he was supposed to. Or, as I learned from 5 seconds on google, did he forget to download the day one patch which seems to directly address some of the issues he was bitching about.

The fact is, it's not difficult to take any game out there and edit together 5 minutes of bugs, annoyances, and general wtf moments. I would say that video DSP showed us doesn't even qualify for buggiest game of the month, let alone year. The fact that pretty much no one else is corroborating this is also a bad sign.

http://fextralife.com/forums/f68/feedback-amp-bug-reporting

You were saying? Look at all of those threads, especially the GAME BREAKING marked ones, so don't give me that crap that no one is contributing and that DSP's the only person that's having this bull shit. Also you see all those threads? Not a SINGLE developer has replied to any of those threads. If that doesn't show you how fucked up and lazy City Interactive is, idk what will convince you.

Also if you wanna talk to me about the person in the video....MESSAGE ME! DO NOT talk crap about him in this thread to derail it the topic. This thread is meant to talk about the bull shit bugs and game breaking glitches Lords Of The Fallen has, not about the youtuber explaining and presenting them in the video. Can we please be mature here?

Keep....On....Topic!

Steam reviews on the game page is Mixed (at 63% currently) so I don't see high hopes for this game as it does look like a shameless Dark Souls clone.

Steam Community reviews are a cesspit of sarcasm, shilling and outright fanboyism. I wouldn't take them seriously unless I was reading the reviews made by a trusted friend.

Doshka17 likes this