• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

FFVII announced for PS4, and the PS Universe...

71 posts in this topic

Only reason I am a little upset about it is watching the announcement be built up like something amazing was going to happen for FFVII. I understand SE just wants to make sure the game is available on every platform, but damn, it didn't need hype built up like it did.

Exactly, that announcement does not deserve stage time, may be a tweet at best.

lmfao honestly FF7 was good but FF6 is probably the best one for me 

if this is in fact the "remake" of FF7 for PS4 yeah i can see why people are pissed off if your going to remake such a popular title do it correctly dont half ass it and expect the fans to be happy lol

Exactly, that announcement does not deserve stage time, may be a tweet at best.

Disappointment understandable

I'm confused about one thing though, what does it matter if it's a port of the PC version or the PS1 version? Is it because it's easier to port that?

So it's more likely to be better labeled as a "port" or "re-release" for the PS4.

Pretty much. I think the exact words were "The PC Release of Final Fantasy 7 exclusive on the PS4."

Pretty much. I think the exact words were "The PC Release of Final Fantasy 7 exclusive on the PS4."

The fact that actually makes sense is a testament to how fucked up this world of gaming we love so much really is.

The fact that actually makes sense is a testament to how fucked up this world of gaming we love so much really is.

I think it's because the way they built up the announcement made the reveal feel like this:

DtYmc1D.gif

Reading up on the PC version, seems like the only difference from the original is the upscaling, and I think the PSOne Classic on the PS3 and Vita already do that too. There are people who are still going to buy this, but most likely not the amount they expect.

Also something to think about is whether or not this'll be a downloadable title or if it will have a physical disc release and how much it'll be.

Carrioner likes this

It'd be less douchy to do the same thing for suikoden 2.. Hint hint.

It'd be less douchy to do the same thing for suikoden 2.. Hint hint.

Coming out as PSOne Classics next year from what I understand if that's any consolation. Along with Suikoden 1, which I thought was already out as a PSOne Classic.

Does the PC version have extra content over the original? Or is it just easier to port than the original? If it's the former, I still don't know the point of porting apart from they think people will buy it. Which I'm sure some will, but probably not the amount they're expecting.

Also something to think about is whether or not this'll be a downloadable title or if it will have a physical disc release and how much it'll be.

I seriously doubt this being a disc release. It would have to be that full re-make to warrant that. That's another reason why I feel the world is judging this to soon, how we can we value the game's worth before we know what it will cost.

I seriously doubt this being a disc release. It would have to be that full re-make to warrant that. That's another reason why I feel the world is judging this to soon, how we can we value the game's worth before we know what it will cost.

Gah, you replied as I was editing XD

Anyway, seems like the only thing "New" this version brings is the upscaling, which if you have the PSOne Classic version for the PS3/Vita, does that too.

Gah, you replied as I was editing XD

Anyway, seems like the only thing "New" this version brings is the upscaling, which if you have the PSOne Classic version for the PS3/Vita, does that too.

apparently so, lol

Coming out as PSOne Classics next year from what I understand if that's any consolation. Along with Suikoden 1, which I thought was already out as a PSOne Classic.

Suikoden 1 HAS been out on the psn in the ps1 classics section for several years now...

edit: Shemaks balls! It's coming out next week!

Disappointment understandable

I'm confused about one thing though, what does it matter if it's a port of the PC version or the PS1 version? Is it because it's easier to port that?

The pc port is very slightly different (some boss music has changed etc)

I have every FF game and love them all (apart from IX and 13)  and i will buy this no matter what i mean its no doubt gonna cost next to nothing.

But apart of me cant help but think square is pulling peoples legs and there is more going on in the background.  i just dont see this being financially viable for them.  Sure some hardcore fans (like me) will buy it but its not going to draw in any new players.  It could just be me being hopeful but i have a feeling we will get a much bigger announcement closer to the games release.  And for the love of god DONT add anything to the game!!!  Leave it as it is but upgraded graphics and better quality sound.

I'm really surprised people are considering buying the game...

But that's exactly what encourages bullshit like this. For the publisher it's easy money. Why come up with something new when you have tens of old games that you could port to PC and the current gen consoles?

For me its more of a collector thing.

Well for anyone that loves Final Fantasy can agree that we have had to deal with a bunch of bullshit from our favorite franchise (insert FF13 joke here)

And of course we have had to deal with remake after remake after remake and this one was no different. At the Playstation keynote many people thought they where going to see news about Final Fantasy 15 but when they saw the Roman Numeral for 7 everyone collectively weny "Why"?

What's the purpose of porting the PC version you can get on Steam at this very moment to the PS4? I'm sure many fans got the remake on steam and it's clearly not going to be the console buyer so what's the point? Is it because Square Enix is buying time to work on FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3? Or is it a quick cash grab to exploit die hard fans of the Final Fantasy franchise?? 

Threads merged

Along with Suikoden 1, which I thought was already out as a PSOne Classic.

It was only on the store for the US I believe.

Not a remake... That's all there is to it, they've done this twice now so to the op... The reason the internet is going nuts is because this is NOT what the fans asked for. We wanted a proper remake. As in graphics, gameplay even going as far as aesthetic touch ups.

What did we get!?! The same thing we had already...

ok first i say bu*****t and second ff7 is already hard to understand so if square want me to transform me a fan of ff7 then they make a ff7 big collection bundle where they got all they games related of ff7 plus the dvd advent children.

a full re-make of this game is never going to happen.

come on, the company is making new final fantasy games all the time and is invested in showing something for the PS4. why would they plow resources into remaking a very old game that isn't going to make them anywhere near as much money as a new game?

re-making FF7 in the way the fans want would still require a triple A budget, because a new engine needs to be built, new graphics need to be made, the music needs to be ripped and remade to work with newer hardware (a lot of it on the PC version of FF7, not the steam version, the original PC version that i have, is all MIDI sound files, that works with direct x 5 i think, or 6), all the cutscenes need to be remade, it's a tonne of work just as it would be for a brand new game, and they can't ask £49-55 for a game like this because it's already so old. simple economics here.

a re-make of this game in the sense of what Resident Evil remake was on the Gamecube, is probably what fans are looking for. That game is a true remake of the original resident evil game. New engine, graphics, camera angles, cutscenes and so on, from from the ground up. THAT game is now being re-released on steam as an HD upscaled version of the original gamecube remake with steam achievements and cloud saves and so on. The reason that game is easier to achieve is because the original remake was already done, back on the Gamecube. it was also ported to the wii in a slightly higher definition and made use of the wii remote and nunchuck and / or classic pad.

FF7 has no prior remake to it's name at all. It's a really damn old ps one game, with really old character designs and graphics, and makes use of on PC a really old and outdated direct x version with old sound files. as i said, it will take an arm and a leg to remake that game, yet people are prepared to pay around £20 or even less for it.... simply no, even if i was the boss of square enix, and as much as i love FF7, i'm not going to use my money to make a remake of a really old game just to please a minority of fans that want it, to end up making £20 per copy sold. no. the maths proves i won't make any reasonable profit.

people should be bloody well happy that this game is coming to the PS4 as a PS4 game. this isn't a ps one classic being made to work on emulation via the PS4. this is a ps one classic made into HD and made to work natively on the PS4 AS A PS4 game, with trophies to collect, another platinum trophy to add to your name, and ability to save your game on the PS4 itself, not an emulated ps one memory card, and to the cloud, and in HD.

the original game is perfect as it is. why can't people be happy for once. nothing but whine whine whine. me me me. gimme this gimme that, waaaaaaa waaaaaaa. and they say gamers are mainly a mature audience? pfff. i call bullshit on that 1.

Shagger likes this

A FF7 remake alone would end all of SE's money problems for along time.  It would easily outsell all the newer FF games which wouldnt be hard as FF13 was shite.

Millions of fans have been asking for a remake for years.  Its an extremely wanted game and SE knows that otherwise they wouldnt tease people like this.

But apart of me cant help but think square is pulling peoples legs and there is more going on in the background.  i just dont see this being financially viable for them.  Sure some hardcore fans (like me) will buy it but its not going to draw in any new players.  It could just be me being hopeful but i have a feeling we will get a much bigger announcement closer to the games release.  And for the love of god DONT add anything to the game!!!  Leave it as it is but upgraded graphics and better quality sound.

Wonder if they're doing this to get a little money to fund a future project.

a full re-make of this game is never going to happen.

come on, the company is making new final fantasy games all the time and is invested in showing something for the PS4. why would they plow resources into remaking a very old game that isn't going to make them anywhere near as much money as a new game?

re-making FF7 in the way the fans want would still require a triple A budget, because a new engine needs to be built, new graphics need to be made, the music needs to be ripped and remade to work with newer hardware (a lot of it on the PC version of FF7, not the steam version, the original PC version that i have, is all MIDI sound files, that works with direct x 5 i think, or 6), all the cutscenes need to be remade, it's a tonne of work just as it would be for a brand new game, and they can't ask £49-55 for a game like this because it's already so old. simple economics here.

a re-make of this game in the sense of what Resident Evil remake was on the Gamecube, is probably what fans are looking for. That game is a true remake of the original resident evil game. New engine, graphics, camera angles, cutscenes and so on, from from the ground up. THAT game is now being re-released on steam as an HD upscaled version of the original gamecube remake with steam achievements and cloud saves and so on. The reason that game is easier to achieve is because the original remake was already done, back on the Gamecube. it was also ported to the wii in a slightly higher definition and made use of the wii remote and nunchuck and / or classic pad.

FF7 has no prior remake to it's name at all. It's a really damn old ps one game, with really old character designs and graphics, and makes use of on PC a really old and outdated direct x version with old sound files. as i said, it will take an arm and a leg to remake that game, yet people are prepared to pay around £20 or even less for it.... simply no, even if i was the boss of square enix, and as much as i love FF7, i'm not going to use my money to make a remake of a really old game just to please a minority of fans that want it, to end up making £20 per copy sold. no. the maths proves i won't make any reasonable profit.

people should be bloody well happy that this game is coming to the PS4 as a PS4 game. this isn't a ps one classic being made to work on emulation via the PS4. this is a ps one classic made into HD and made to work natively on the PS4 AS A PS4 game, with trophies to collect, another platinum trophy to add to your name, and ability to save your game on the PS4 itself, not an emulated ps one memory card, and to the cloud, and in HD.

the original game is perfect as it is. why can't people be happy for once. nothing but whine whine whine. me me me. gimme this gimme that, waaaaaaa waaaaaaa. and they say gamers are mainly a mature audience? pfff. i call bullshit on that 1.

As people in this thread have said, it's the way the announcement was handled that got people upset. If you watched the announcement, it looked like it was going to be something bigger than just getting the PC port on the PS4, like at least collection of everything connected to the FFVII story or something.

It's sort of like a girl telling her boyfriend that she bought new lingerie and that she has a surprise for him, which turns out to just be a $5 gift card to some store.