• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

stewie200333

Where are those Zelda fans

51 posts in this topic

This forum is to discuss which zelda game is the greatest of all timepost-14244-0-18896400-1383975425_thumb.j

Write down your opinion I would love to hear about it

All of the games Wind Waker and before are great.  The newer ones (except Twilight Princess to an extent) don't hold a candle to the old ones.

stewie200333 likes this

Oh you got that right. Although the ds zelda are pretty intertaining

For me it's a tie between WW and L2TP, both of those games have so much charm to them, of course OoT is a classic, but deffo not my favorite, I just feel no involvement in OoT, I mean whats to stop Link from turning around to the Great Deku tree and say 'Hell No! I'm not going on that death mission!'

Of course in WW your sister gets captured, you feel the need to rescue her, same in TP and SS! Of course it doesn't make it a better game, but it just takes me out of the experience every time I think about it when playing OoT.

stewie200333, Patanu and Antonio507 like this

The last Nintendo console I owned was the GameCube, I had all the available Zelda's but still my favorite was the SNES title 'Zelda: A link to the past"

That's why I already pre-ordered the sequel on the 3DS Zelda: a Link between Worlds. Can't wait to begin another new adventure! 

stewie200333 likes this

In my opinion, OOT is the best opus of the series hands down, certainly because it was around the time where every game tried to make it to the 3D universe.
And damn, was it a fantastic story too. But, if we need to express our opinion on the entire franchise,  I'd say that, up to Wind Maker, it's fantastic and charming. After that? Meeh. Not bad but not that good either. Although, I'm curious about the next game.

stewie200333 likes this

A Link to the Past defiantly. The original would be my second favorite with Wind Waker next on the list. Although Link to the Past is my favorite, I honestly don't think that the original gets enough love in these discussions. It still holds up as a fun game after all of these years.

stewie200333 likes this

Definitely Wind Waker. The art style, the sailing around the ocean, the sunken treasure, it all was awesome. 

stewie200333 likes this

I never got into Zelda because I always look up a game's storyline before I jump in, and the Zelda timeline is confusing beyond belief.

stewie200333 likes this

My favorite zelda game is definitely The wind waker, though i really like skyward sword as well. OoT is good, but it's not the best in my opinion.

stewie200333 likes this

Majora's Mask is my favourite. Was the darkest and most twisted and it let me shapeshift, so yeah, automatic win! Plus I loved the music in it far more than OoT.

That said though, I'm no longer a fan of the series. I like the old N64 games and to a lesser extent WW and Twilight Princess but I just have no interest in the new ones anymore. They simply do not keep up with the times. I am so dreadfully tired of mute protagonists that have as much character as a cardboard box with a smiley face scrawled onto its side in crayon. I understand (one of) the creator once said they didn't give Link a voice because they want fans to imagine their own voice for him. Thats cool, I can accept that. BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE VOICE ACTING TO SPEAK! Just do what DA:Origins or any of those older RPGs did. Give a list of text dialogue responses, let us choose the one we want, NPC reacts accordingly.

Also feel they fall short with the storylines a lot now. Wind Waker should of had the most epic finale of the series but instead it totally fell flat for me due to how the cutscenes were, the utter lack of music, etc. Twilight Princess was supposed to be really dark and more adult yet didn't remotely live up to that. I dunno. I just feel like I've outgrown the Zelda franchise because they don't update the formula or gameplay systems. My ten year old self loved them. I've grown up now but Nintendo is still making games that are for my 10yrold self, not the current me. I can see why that appeals to some people, to get that nostalgia or relive their youth briefly with each new Zelda game. Doesn't do it for me anymore is all. :(

stewie200333 likes this

Majora's Mask is my favourite. Was the darkest and most twisted and it let me shapeshift, so yeah, automatic win! Plus I loved the music in it far more than OoT.

That said though, I'm no longer a fan of the series. I like the old N64 games and to a lesser extent WW and Twilight Princess but I just have no interest in the new ones anymore. They simply do not keep up with the times. I am so dreadfully tired of mute protagonists that have as much character as a cardboard box with a smiley face scrawled onto its side in crayon. I understand (one of) the creator once said they didn't give Link a voice because they want fans to imagine their own voice for him. Thats cool, I can accept that. BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE VOICE ACTING TO SPEAK! Just do what DA:Origins or any of those older RPGs did. Give a list of text dialogue responses, let us choose the one we want, NPC reacts accordingly.

Also feel they fall short with the storylines a lot now. Wind Waker should of had the most epic finale of the series but instead it totally fell flat for me due to how the cutscenes were, the utter lack of music, etc. Twilight Princess was supposed to be really dark and more adult yet didn't remotely live up to that. I dunno. I just feel like I've outgrown the Zelda franchise because they don't update the formula or gameplay systems. My ten year old self loved them. I've grown up now but Nintendo is still making games that are for my 10yrold self, not the current me. I can see why that appeals to some people, to get that nostalgia or relive their youth briefly with each new Zelda game. Doesn't do it for me anymore is all. :(

I suppose Zelda has just turned somewhat into one of those guilty pleasure games, where they're really not all too engaging, but once you start playing them, you just seem to not really care about how difficult or advanced it is.

That's why as of late, I've been enjoying Metriod games more than zelda, related formula, but with a more greater sense of exploration and discovery and just more difficult. 

stewie200333 likes this

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda, with Phantom Hourglass as a second. Looking forward to a Link Between Worlds. 

OoT I love, along with MM and SS, but the award to me has to be TP. It probably goes to the fact that it's the first Zelda game I ever played, which is sad. I had been aware of the series but when my friend got and let me borrow, oh, ohhhh, I was in ECSTASY, went to far with that statement...  BUTTT I did enjoy the game, the puzzle elements kept me working, the sword wasn't to shabby, the dungeons weren't too hard or too easy, the story was engaging but as I went deeper into the Zelda franchise I found out it was trying too hard to be MM, but I didn't care. The characters were quirky and likable(to some extant). It may not have been the best EVER, but it can hold its self up. But this is the internet, NOBODY CARES ABOUT ME! HAHAHAHA, I'm just some random Angry Joe fan who joined and felt like being in the forums, and express my love for Zelda. Ahhhh, I'm going to shut up now, in the corner, alone, with GTA V and AC 4... Bye...

I dont want to beat a dead horse but Zelda OoT was the best game i have ever played in my life. That game brings back so much memories. I cant wait till Zelda U comes out. 

Darkwolf1802 likes this

I think the original Link to the Past, Was the first game i ever personally owned, and I loved it. All of the games (even the dreaded Adventure of Link) have their strong fun points.

I can't really call myself to much of a Zelda fan because I only truly played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess but I gotta say my favorite of those three... probably Ocarine of Time.  I loved everything about it especially the first time playing through after finishing Jabu Jabu's belly I was thinking " Alright onto the final boss... wait the games not done yet!"  As I said I never played any other one's before it so didn't expect such a grand adventure.  Also gotta say I love the Phantom Ganon fight.  I don't know, there's just something about it that I just can't get enough of.