• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crosstroop3r

House of Wolves discussion

166 posts in this topic

I'm definitely excited to start playing Destiny again!

DeadOrb1t likes this

This is gonna be awesome!!

House of Wolves is the second confirmed DLC for Destiny, set for release in the April-June period of 2015. It will involve hunting the Fallen members of the House of Wolves who have betrayed the Queen of the Reef.

Story Missions
  • Pact of Wolves – Cosmodrome, Earth
  • Tracking Quarry – Ishtar Sink, Venus
  • Path of the Traitor – Ishtar Sink, Venus
Strikes
  • Belly of the Beast – Ocean of Storms, Moon
Raid
  • The Arena – The Reef, Asteroid Belt
Crucible Maps
  • Black Shield – Firebase Thuria, Phobos
  • The Timekeeper – Meridian Bay, Mars
  • Thieves’ Den – Ishtar Sink, Venus
  • Widow’s Court – European Dead Zone, Earth
Social
  • The Reef
Locations
  • Dusk Warren – Ocean of Storms, Moon
  • The Terminus – Ishtar Sink, Venus
  • Traitor’s Ketch – Ocean of Storms, Moon
Activities
  • Vanguard Dragon – Strike playlist, level 28

Looks good, and then looks at release date:

tumblr_n9nq04X0GP1rs8ihso1_1406945381_co

Who's idea was it to release it on the day of Witcher 3? It's going basically be pushed under the rug with that coming out.

True that... Destiny is cool, but they fucked up a bit with The Dark Below. Everyone was expecting a boit more and not a re-run on the same goddamn maps. The witcher is gonna score awesomely just because it's a full game over a DLC. I would love to see some status on those two...

I haven't played Witcher before, so I'll have plenty of time to focus on Destiny. XD

Me neither... but by the looks of it, it's looking pretty solid. but since i bought the Destiny combo-pass HoW will be downloaded day one.

Raid

• The Arena – The Reef, Asteroid Belt

Correction: "and an all-new arena activity - The Prison of Elders."

Source: http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

What we thought was going to be the raid, might not be a raid. It maybe something to the same level of a raid. But since this is the first time Bungie has talked about HoW's. They never once called this arena a raid.

Source: http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

What we thought was going to be the raid, might not be a raid. It maybe something to the same level of a raid. But since this is the first time Bungie has talked about HoW's. They never once called this arena a raid.

Guess we will see what it is when it launches. At least it will bring me back for a little while for the new stuff and hosting things Sunday.

Say what you will about Destiny, they know how to make a trailer.

Somehow I get the feeling that The Arena will basically be Inferno Crucible.

Source: http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

House of wolves will be a nice addon to keep us going for a bit till a more larger expansion hits destiny, and that's plague of darkness dude! Set for September 2015

12 missions, 1 new patrol, 4 strikes, 6 pvp maps, 1 raid and other things like new sub classes and a BASE LEVEL of 30. Yes before armor addon. Finally upgrading the base level.

Check out this link last updated jam 2015:

http://planetdestiny.com/destiny-comet-new-subclasses/

Here's a list of what will be revealed throughout the weeks up to launch:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12764

Thanks for this! I hadn't seen it yet! I'm happy to see 300 attack weapons getting upgraded to the new 365. The Arena will be interesting to see, considering there will be no raid in this expansion, and this arena-based activity is for fireteams of 3. I do hope they give an option for fireteams of 6.

Also the Trials of Osiris helmets look FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!

I will give them props for the Osiris armor it looks unique for the game itself though it feels partially inspired by Stargate. By going by looks:

Titan Armor = Horus

Hunter Armor = ?

Warlock Armor = Anubis

Still trying to figure out the Hunter armor representation from the Egyptian gods. Right now with just spitballing I'd say Isis.

Titan Armor = Horus

Hunter Armor = ?

Warlock Armor = Anubis

Guessing that's Ra for the Hunter.

I don't think so similar to Horus, Ra has a falcon for a head and the Hunter's helmet doesn't seem to be any animal which is why I suggested Isis, Osiris's wife. Odd choice I'll admit but the helmet dosn't have any animal form so I'm looking for human inspirations from Egyptian Gods. Plus I don't think it's Ra because Ra really has no connection to Osiris, Horus normally is considered Osiris's son, Anubis is on ocassion consider his son as well, tricked by Nephthys to sleep with her when Set would not provide a child. So I think all the armor pieces have a connection to the name itself. So to me it limits the options to Isis, Nephthys, Haroeris, or Set. Though I also kick Set out of the selection because he is the one who killed Osiris.

My statement and theory has been confirmed. House of Wolves, as said by Deej. Will NOT have a RAID.

Source: https://youtu.be/DopCd8qIhIA

As well Deej confirmed that on April 29th we will get live gameplay of the Trails or Orisis.

As well Deej confirmed they will show on both Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgrade. He shows a picture of a Fatebringer going from 300 attack to the new level attack of 365. Also possibly old raid gear can be upgraded.

AS WELL Patch 1.1.2 drops tomorrow.

And so much more.

Or Sekhmet. I think she's the Huntress of that mythology.

And no Raid?

Considering that I've seen an Archon set for the Warlock, Kell set for the Hunter, and Devil Walker set for the Titan, how exactly will this work out?

For that matter, considering that there's just as many story missions in this as was in the Dark Below, one less Strike, and now no Raid, what the hell are they even giving us to do here? What's to hold our attention? 'Cause I don't know about you, but the Raid was the only thing I ended up really doing for they money I paid on Dark Below.

Doshka17 likes this

Or Sekhmet. I think she's the Huntress of that mythology.

And no Raid?

Considering that I've seen an Archon set for the Warlock, Kell set for the Hunter, and Devil Walker set for the Titan, how exactly will this work out?

For that matter, considering that there's just as many story missions in this as was in the Dark Below, one less Strike, and now no Raid, what the hell are they even giving us to do here? What's to hold our attention? 'Cause I don't know about you, but the Raid was the only thing I ended up really doing for they money I paid on Dark Below.

It's believed right now from what I'm reading from the community threads, that the Arena will still contain the raid gear, though I guess we shouldn't call it raid gear since it's not a raid. Some speculation is that it's a hoard mode. Perhaps something like Warframe? Do a few rounds get a reward? That is basically the best guess for that.

Now to return to armor for Trials of Osiris, Sekhmet was actually a warrior goddess as well as the goddess of healing for Upper Egypt. She had the head of a lioness, really we need a side view or something of the Hunter Helmet because without it it's hard to tell if the helmet has any animal representation or not.

My statement and theory has been confirmed. House of Wolves, as said by Deej. Will NOT have a RAID.

Source: https://youtu.be/DopCd8qIhIA

As well Deej confirmed that on April 29th we will get live gameplay of the Trails or Orisis.

As well Deej confirmed they will show on both Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgrade. He shows a picture of a Fatebringer going from 300 attack to the new level attack of 365. Also possibly old raid gear can be upgraded.

AS WELL Patch 1.1.2 drops tomorrow.

And so much more.

I see what they are trying to do. Something fresh, I get it. But not put a raid in there is just plain stupid.

This is essentially their last chance for me and a bunch of others. I've already done my fair share of blowing up Bungie's weekly update comments. I even put forth a series of additions/changes they could EASILY put in that myself and said others agreed would be the bare minimum to make us all happy. When the Dark Below launched, took me a few days to just say screw it and stop playing altogether. Wasn't worth it. I hate senseless grinding over and over again. Its like a cheap gimmick that developers use as an excuse NOT to put in more gratifying, worthwhile content. But even then? I could have forgiven all of that. Had they not made the previous months since the game first launched completely a waste of time.

Really. Making it easier to get Ascendent Materials... Replacing ALL of the weapons and armor in the Tower vendors with "better" stuff but arguably horrible perks by comparison to what was there before. (Example: the pre-DLC "Devil You Know" compared to the post-DLC "Devil You Don't Know" nonsense) Requiring "Commendations" in addition to Marks to purchase said Legendary stuff, and not seeing fit to reward players who had already spent hours upon hours grinding out faction levels by giving them what they WOULD have recieved had they started playing the game at the launch of the DLC instead of the vanilla game itself. How relatively newer players just starting off were able to acquire gear and Light Levels much faster and easier than those who had already been putting a great deal of work into the game for months. But for me, the REAL cherry on top was that they totally SCREWED people like me who had a larger inventory stocked with Legendary Weapons by ONLY giving a means of further upgrading Exotics to the new max values. As if Exotics were all the game was about. Nevermind that my favorite weapon is the Red Hand IX Hand Cannon acquired only from ranking up New Monarchy. Or all the various Raid Weapons I got from doing the Vault of Glass over and over again.

I've been keeping track of the updates for the game. I know Bungie admitted to having made mistakes with the Dark Below, but whether or not they are truly sincere about that or actually know what all everyone's gripes were really all about, that is an entirely different matter altogether. I want to see how this new DLC handles progression from one chapter to the next and if it actually offers up sufficient content that was actually worth the price tag forced on us for a game that was clearly butchered during the final phases of production. I can't even really be sure if its Bungie's fault, to be honest. I mean the whole setup is just shady, and it seems less likely their fault and more of the blame being on Activision in the grand scheme of things. Though with that 10 year binding contract, both companies are pretty much one and the same at this point.

If they don't keep doing this trend of just grind grind grind and that hamster wheel mentality, if House of Wolves fixes the major glaring drawbacks of the game? If it actually turns into something which respects and rewards players for the time and effort they invest, instead of just taking a crap on them? Then I can see great things for Destiny, and I will happily return to active service on it again.

The Destiny Community as a whole seems to be under this one march:

"If House of Wolves can't deliver, I'm gone."

Which I won't lie I fall under this. I already got the season pass so I might as well see what happens. But If House of Wolves can't deliver, than why get whatever the next thing for Destiny will be. Bungie have to realize now they have shot their own foot. Sure I get it Raid isn't done so they didn't want to release a broken product. But at the same time you now have limited to yourself to basically sell whatever comes next. You have to sell whatever is next as if your lives depend on it. Because if you don't me and a lot of people will agree, we just wont get it.

Sure I get it Raid isn't done so they didn't want to release a broken product.

Are you certain that it's not finished? Are you really sure?

They could just be holding it back to artifically extend the life of their game.

Just like when they held back Crota Hard for a full month.

Ehhh either way I'm sure they want to gauge the reactions first this time. I'm more interested to see how Comet turns out than anything

I care less about the raid and more about progression. Like I said, all that aside, I hate feeling like all my crap and hard work is ultimately going to be for nothing. You would not believe how many fanboys I had to deal with on their forums defending the shit out of Bungie and the game. The popular argument they kept tossing at me was the whole "but if they let you keep your old stuff you won't want the new stuff." Screw that man. There are PLENTY of things they could add, new weapons and gear with varying stats and perks that could add to the diversity of the game's selections that could easily entice me to wanna spend the time to get them. It is BUNGIE'S responsibility to do that, to create content that I would want to invest in.

Crota's End Warlock Raid Gear is garbage to me. I hate the perks the gear offers and prefer the stuff I have on now, which is my Heart of Praxic Fire and other various Legendary Armor pieces. I only use one piece of Raid Gear from the Vault of Glass for my Warlock, and that's because its more focused on my specific play style which I assumed was apart of the whole "Become Legend" advocation.

What I want to see is how House of Wolves treats the stuff from Crota's End. Will it just replace all the vendors again and demand everyone upgrade to "the new stuff" like the first DLC did? If so, then there is officially no reason to keep playing Destiny, because the game content itself is certainly not capable of holding one's attention. You can only do a Strike/Raid Mission so many times before they begin to feel redundant and a waste of life. Case in point, I played Destiny since launch, Midnight Release even, for MONTHS. Dark Below hit, I quickly lost interest having felt betrayed like all my hard work was ultimately for nothing or of less value than someone sinking time into the game post-DLC. (Months spent prior to Dark Below was not as meaningful as months spent AFTER Dark Below) So I stopped playing Destiny and what do I do instead? I got my hands on Dragon Age: Inquisition and on my first playthrough spent 340+ hours. THAT felt far more rewarding of a time investment and, despite not being an MMO like Destiny, gave me an actual feeling of accomplishment. Hell, HALO does a better job of that than Destiny, and that's just from the story alone.

So yeah, progression is going to be a major thing here for a lot of people. Especially with all these other games coming out. Planetside 2 for example, a game I always wanted to play but couldn't due to not having a good enough PC to run it. Gamers are going to be faced with the choice of which one they are going to choose to invest their time in. As it stands now? Destiny won't be able to compete, not unless they fix the serious problems. Bungie's name and legacy means nothing anymore, especially with Joseph Staten no longer being with them who apparently went back to work on games with Xbox. I think someone told me something about him getting in with 343 which would be amazing. Between him and the other dude who was like the lead guy for Halo's Multiplayer, 343 is essentially transforming into the new reincarnation of Bungie.

This was the last proposal I made to Bungie on their forums: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/98789900/0/0/1

Yeah I'm in that boat, heck probabily still sell the game once I complete the Expansion (which I mean by getting all the new armor primarily and maybe, just maybe that dumb trophy where no one dies in a raid). Destiny all ready burned me to much and I've only stuck around primarily because I was dumb and payed for the stupid expansion pass. At least the raids with the people here have made the game fun in the pass but by now it has been draining so the expansion might bring me back for awhile and make me host the raids again (or in this case, this new arena mode will be the hosting for awhile) BUT how long it keeps me around depends. I mean Bloodborne has basically drained any fun out of Destiny for me to be perfectly honest. I've tried playing it and I can't get into it at all.