• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rumor: Mass Effect 4 details leaked through survey!

20 posts in this topic

So I was looking on Reddit and I stumbled upon this link (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1031314) from NeoGaf which gives some info on Mass Effect 4, which is a really interesting read if you are into Mass Effect. According to the OP, info on Dragon Age Inquisition leaked in the same way, right before its official announcement, that al ended up true.

I think it all looks legit, so let me know what you think.

Well hate to say it but it sounds like Mass Effect Trilogy all over again but Andromeda Edition. The fact that we are once again only limited to one race partially ruins most of my hype, a chance to finally put in multiple race selection but nope they decide human again. If the DA team can give us four races then the ME team should be able to at least make two race selection. I thought we were going to get something new but from this post it sounds a lot like the same thing with just a few added things to vary what we are doing. I'm somewhat hoping this stuff does not turn out to be all true at all.

. The fact that we are once again only limited to one race partially ruins most of my hype

They might change their minds about that during development and I hope they do, I always wanted to experience ME from a perspective of a different race.

They might change their minds about that during development and I hope they do, I always wanted to experience ME from a perspective of a different race.

Aye at least the good thing is that it hasn't been entirely confirmed yet and DA:I for awhile was thought to only be human or was for awhile before they decided to do multiple races so I'm hoping something like that happens.

Urgh, I cant take it...my heart is still broken from the trilogy :'(

SHHEEEEEEEPPPAAAAARDDDDD!

ps: Is this like a alternate universe? because its like far removed by time and space?

Urgh, I cant take it...my heart is still broken from the trilogy :'(

SHHEEEEEEEPPPAAAAARDDDDD!

ps: Is this like a alternate universe? because its like far removed by time and space?

No same universe BUT entirely different galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, closest galaxy to the Milky Way, how our character got there though is unknown still probably some new Mass Effect relay that allows for traveling between galaxies and the Alliance covered it up? Quick put on tinfoil hats for conspiracy time.

But anyways, yeah same universe as the original triology but because we are in a different galaxy when the Shepard stuff is going down, it has no effect on us or whatever we are doing in the new game since it sounds like this new game begins at least in the middle of ME3. Maybe they set us there to look for habitable planets if the Reaper War went south.

Dane2hip48 likes this

sounds pretty epic. LOL I was wondering how bioware was going to get out of showing your choices for the new set of games. I expected either a prequel or  a new galaxy far far away. still looks cool though. glad thay mentioned improved dialogue trees as well. I just hope missions aren't mostly filler like DA:I. too ubisoftish

likes this

No same universe BUT entirely different galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, closest galaxy to the Milky Way, how our character got there though is unknown still probably some new Mass Effect relay that allows for traveling between galaxies and the Alliance covered it up? Quick put on tinfoil hats for conspiracy time.

But anyways, yeah same universe as the original triology but because we are in a different galaxy when the Shepard stuff is going down, it has no effect on us or whatever we are doing in the new game since it sounds like this new game begins at least in the middle of ME3. Maybe they set us there to look for habitable planets if the Reaper War went south.

The concept sounds interesting if you ask me, the only problem I have with it is that were not gonna see Shepherd or any characters related to him/her (which is a shame if you ask me, I would have liked to see a cameo of Garrus). Anyway, this setting could allow Bioware to make some pretty cool missions, an interesting story and a few new races to meet (and probably fight).

Commando3597 and Dane2hip48 like this

The concept sounds interesting if you ask me, the only problem I have with it is that were not gonna see Shepherd or any characters related to him/her (which is a shame if you ask me, I would have liked to see a cameo of Garrus). Anyway, this setting could allow Bioware to make some pretty cool missions, an interesting story and a few new races to meet (and probably fight).

Yes but my gripe lies in the fact that from that snippit alone it sounds like the same story again. Once again we are a human thrust into saving humanity from an unknown threat by finding some ancient alien races old technology. Maybe it won't be like that but so far from that post that sounds like the same basic story as the original trilogy. I personally want something new not the same with just different names which so far it sounds like.

As for the past characters and choices, I feel that they are partially doing this whole different galaxy thing not only because they want to make new things but because they realized they can't do a story in the Milky Way with how ME3 ended, that would mean choosing an actual ending as canon and god knows they don't want to mess with there 'artistic integrity' or whatever they said when they got all the original complaints about the ending. So as to wipe the slate clean they said screw it new galaxy. It does sound interesting but then that brings me back to the story which so far sounds like a restart of the same trilogy. I hope they prove me wrong and the rumors are just that, rumors. I don't really want to play the special snowflake human again. Maybe a human who is part of a group just looking for habitable planets or make a living out of selling alien tech sure but special human like Shepard, nope don't want to really do that again and so far that is what it sounds like we are doing, being another Shepard rather someone entirely new.

Yes but my gripe lies in the fact that from that snippit alone it sounds like the same story again. Once again we are a human thrust into saving humanity from an unknown threat by finding some ancient alien races old technology. Maybe it won't be like that but so far from that post that sounds like the same basic story as the original trilogy. I personally want something new not the same with just different names which so far it sounds like.

As for the past characters and choices, I feel that they are partially doing this whole different galaxy thing not only because they want to make new things but because they realized they can't do a story in the Milky Way with how ME3 ended, that would mean choosing an actual ending as canon and god knows they don't want to mess with there 'artistic integrity' or whatever they said when they got all the original complaints about the ending. So as to wipe the slate clean they said screw it new galaxy. It does sound interesting but then that brings me back to the story which so far sounds like a restart of the same trilogy. I hope they prove me wrong and the rumors are just that, rumors. I don't really want to play the special snowflake human again. Maybe a human who is part of a group just looking for habitable planets or make a living out of selling alien tech sure but special human like Shepard, nope don't want to really do that again and so far that is what it sounds like we are doing, being another Shepard rather someone entirely new.

I understand your concerns, your worried that there gonna do the same story again just with different characters, and TBH I do have the same worries as well, but to a lesser extent than yours. Anyway, here's I would like to see the setting: your character is a mercenary that was hired by the alliance to be a part of team sent to find habitable planets in the Andromeda galaxy.

and Dane2hip48 like this

Yes that part I do like but like you said, the rest is what I have issue with. Still now that we have this 'rumored' stuff out perhaps that means an E3 reveal for the game.

I want bioware to understand that each rpg they make doesn't have to focuse on a character with humanity in there hands. I wouldn't mind something on a smaller scale. like a group of traveling mercenaries. or a group that is just trying to find a new home. or maybe a conflict type storyline.

Dragon age Origins was like a cool mix of the two. it was a small group of travelers but the world was on brink of chaos.

So, basically, they're re-imagining how Mass Effect might have developed without Casey Hudson.

Same story

- Reapers

+ colonization

=Mass Effect 4

"Well hate to say it but it sounds like Mass Effect Trilogy all over again but Andromeda Edition. The fact that we are once again only limited to one race partially ruins most of my hype, a chance to finally put in multiple race selection but nope they decide human again. If the DA team can give us four races then the ME team should be able to at least make two race selection. I thought we were going to get something new but from this post it sounds a lot like the same thing with just a few added things to vary what we are doing. I'm somewhat hoping this stuff does not turn out to be all true at all."

I'm not familiar with the Dragon Age games, but I am very familiar with Mass Effect (I have completed 4 ENTIRE playthroughs of the whole series[DLC included]).

I just know it makes much sense fiscally is to have 2 voice actors as the main protagonist instead of 4, especially if only about 5-10 % of the playthroughs of the game are of the different race(which you would have to get 2 more voice actors, design much more armor [try having as much custom krogan armor as human] , have many more cutscenes to design, class/gameplay options, etc...), For only about 10 % of the playthroughs.

I'm going off of that about 88% of Mass Effect playthroughs were with Male Shepard and not FemShep.

Basically, Bioware has to spend their money where the general public will notice/use it.

For example, I think Bioware should spend more time/money developing dialogue of the crew, developing the main story (and not having public backlash), gameplay, HUMAN character customization (it's lacking compared to games like SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim), general designing of the universe (ships, buildings, land etc...).

In case you couldn't tell, I am extremely excited, but I am a little concerned that Casey Hudson is gone, but I believe Bioware Montreal will still craft an excellent Msss Effect game.

"Well hate to say it but it sounds like Mass Effect Trilogy all over again but Andromeda Edition. The fact that we are once again only limited to one race partially ruins most of my hype, a chance to finally put in multiple race selection but nope they decide human again. If the DA team can give us four races then the ME team should be able to at least make two race selection. I thought we were going to get something new but from this post it sounds a lot like the same thing with just a few added things to vary what we are doing. I'm somewhat hoping this stuff does not turn out to be all true at all."

I'm not familiar with the Dragon Age games, but I am very familiar with Mass Effect (I have completed 4 ENTIRE playthroughs of the whole series[DLC included]).

I just know it makes much sense fiscally is to have 2 voice actors as the main protagonist instead of 4, especially if only about 5-10 % of the playthroughs of the game are of the different race(which you would have to get 2 more voice actors, design much more armor [try having as much custom krogan armor as human] , have many more cutscenes to design, class/gameplay options, etc...), For only about 10 % of the playthroughs.

I'm going off of that about 88% of Mass Effect playthroughs were with Male Shepard and not FemShep.

Basically, Bioware has to spend their money where the general public will notice/use it.

For example, I think Bioware should spend more time/money developing dialogue of the crew, developing the main story (and not having public backlash), gameplay, HUMAN character customization (it's lacking compared to games like SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim), general designing of the universe (ships, buildings, land etc...).

In case you couldn't tell, I am extremely excited, but I am a little concerned that Casey Hudson is gone, but I believe Bioware Montreal will still craft an excellent Msss Effect game.

DA:I had four voices, two voices for each gender, one British and the other American, and all the same for all races. They can still do the same thing with multiple races in ME, actually you could probably still remain with two voices and only have to change some of the voices slightly so they match the race you select. As for armor, armor changes were small and if the armor was very class or race oriented so having different armors I fail to see being hard doing. Plus armor in the ME series I have hardly called varied as much as the DA series, even with DA:I's lack of variety in looks.

Laserrifle125 likes this

I love Mass Effect! I mean I love it! I adore it! I dream of it every night! Did I mention I like Mass Effect?  :).

Okay, in all seriousness, I'll be happy with Mass Effect 4 as long as:

1. The game has a ton of content (50+ hours).
  2. Has amazing and up-to-date graphics (ME 3 looked a little outdated).
  3. Inherits things that made the original trilogy great, such as great character development, meaningful player choice, etc.
  4. Incorporates actual RPG features such as deep customization for armor, characters, weapons, ships, etc.
  5. Oh, and the game needs to have at least one mention/reference to Garrus. Just one, Bioware... please, come on...

If Mass Effect 4 has all that, I'll be a happy man. Okay I lied, I want Garrus back god damn it!

and Laserrifle125 like this

Oh, and the game needs to have at least one mention/reference to Garrus. Just one, Bioware... please, come on...

I'm hoping for that too, Garrus is my favourite of the bunch. 

DA:I had four voices, two voices for each gender, one British and the other American, and all the same for all races. They can still do the same thing with multiple races in ME, actually you could probably still remain with two voices and only have to change some of the voices slightly so they match the race you select. As for armor, armor changes were small and if the armor was very class or race oriented so having different armors I fail to see being hard doing.

1) True, if they are going with multiple races thing (which I hope they do) they can just use a couple voices and slightly change the tone depending on the race.

2) If they do want make armours for different races, they can just use the ones that appeared previously in the series let the PC (player character) wear them and maybe add a couple of new armours here and there. And TBH, you don't need to have that many armour types for each race, 5 types of armour should be enough, 1 type for humans, asari, batarians & drell, 1 type for Turians, 1 type for Krogan. 1 type for salarians and 1 type for quarians. 

instead of 3 colors in the ending you can now choose 4 

hYJjvE6.jpg

^YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im interested in the time line. Is this a Sequel or Prequel to Mass Effect?