• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Zipper

Should I buy Skyrim?

24 posts in this topic

I know it's just 10 EUR right now, but the paid DLC thing is a big turn off for me.

I'm afraid I might end up paying a lot more for what is to me a rather average game...

Well, Skyrim and the official DLC's (Dawnguard,Dragonborn and hearthfire) are really good. 

You don't need and in my own opinion don't want to buy any of the mods/community DLC.

other than that i would suggest get some of the free mods from sites such as nexus depending on you want to play with mods or just the Vanilla game 

(i would recommend the unofficial patches)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/?

nickyzhere likes this

I'm waiting till the Legendary edition gets a 75% off mark. Then I'll be picking it up. Till then only Morrowind is real!

8y83g4.jpg

AWWW YISSS 

And oblivion :D

Yup buy skyrim and play it to death for a fair few months of run throughs, then go to nexus and add 50 or 60 (not all installed at same time unless you can handle that) mods and get years more play out of it.

YES. I suggest the legendary edition. If you like Bethesda rpgs or just rpgs in general you will be hooked. DLC is also totally worth it as well.

I know it's just 10 EUR right now, but the paid DLC thing is a big turn off for me.

I'm afraid I might end up paying a lot more for what is to me a rather average game...

Are they still selling the non-Game of the Year one? Get the GoTY one, it has all the official DLC. If you're talking about the PC version, you don't have to buy mods from Steam and can still get them for free like Alexander said.

Get the GOTY version if you can. I don't really care much for Hearthfire but the other two expansions are quite good.

If you do decide to use mods, make sure you look up Wyre Bash. It is absolutely invaluable for managing mods by making them more compatible (such as when different mods edit the same leveled lists) as well as repairing save games. You can also organize your load order by using it as well.

It's definitely worth buying.  It's a fantastic game.  I haven't played it for months, though.  I just got tired of it.  I put over 500 hours into it, and I think I got all I wanted out of it.  Now I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls VI.

It is very much so worth buying!

It's Skyrim! You will get over 100+ hours of game from that purchase!

So much to do, explore, and then there's the MODS!!!!

It is very much so worth buying!

It's Skyrim! You will get over 100+ hours of game from that purchase!

So much to do, explore, and then there's the MODS!!!!

Pretty sure I spent more time just dicking around with mods than playing the actual game.

Its a worth buy and plus I can't say no to mods. xD

Is it really worth supporting Bethesda over the paid mod debacle going on right now?

Yes you should buy it.

Want the DLCs? Dawnguard and Dragonborn are great DLCs, nice amount of content for the price. Later if you want to mod, many mods require the DLCs now if they use content from them.

Feel free to mod the game. Despite all the crap with Bethesda and Steam, you can still fully mod the game from Nexus Mods website. Nexus Mods has much better mods than Steam Workshop anyways. All the best and popular mods are already on the Nexus sites. All the mods that are coming out now are just some lousy weapons and armor mods. All the major ideas and best ideas for the mods were already created in  the last 3 years since the game came out.

I would personally rate the default game a solid 9/10. With mods, 11/10. :P

If you aren't into modding then the vanilla game is still great. The DLCs except Hearthfire are all great too.

Is it really worth supporting Bethesda over the paid mod debacle going on right now?

The vanilla game (+DLC) is still good and Bethesda doesn't care if somebody buys Skyrim years after it's release or not.

I hope you've purchased it by now (:

I hope you've purchased it by now (:

I hope you've purchased Ride to Hell: Retribution and some overpriced DLC for other games!

^ Hey I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy! lol

likes this

if you like open World Action RPG with some Adventure Style in it, and making it even better with tons of Mods (grafics, gameplay, Story, Total Converstions etc...) , then yes.

Yes, Skyrim is a very good game and has an more immersive feel than other games.  The graphics are clean and are still good by today's standards (although they haven't changed much).  It is especially worth purchasing because of the price drop which occurred a long while ago; you will be getting a excellent game for very little money.

Note:  I think Walmart sells all Elder Scrolls games in a bundle now for about $19.99 - $30.00 if you are interested, but I only saw it for PC.