• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lhouraii

Things That Annoy You About Gaming Forums

30 posts in this topic

I just HAD to post this right now, I'm SO pissed off!

When you answer a question only to find that after that someone else already answered it while you were typing, and dumb-ass embarassing double posts like I did here.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/29370-which-has-more-promise/page-2

Lhouraii and ProdiGY_DE like this

I hate rants on forums 

I hate rants on forums 

I KNEW someone would do this. 

tumblr_m1ofx6ihQt1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Santana-glee-rolling-eyes-festivals-gif.

So, I was looking up how to do a certain thing in a certain game, I found someone asking the same thing as me in a forum... only, before anyone replied they replied to their own thread saying 'nvm, got it'! WTF DUDE??!!ߘᰟ I HATE that! It's just so selfish, at least reply with 'nvm, got it, it was this or that' to let other people know!

That's the worst, especially when it's a post from like 5 years ago and you know that dude is long gone.

Personally, I dislike it when mods get overly granular and try to separate every topic into a subforum, instead of letting people "generally discuss" things. *cough cough*

Lhouraii likes this

Not limited to gaming forums, but one thing I hate above anything else...

Fucking fanboys. Especially the ignorant kind á la the one Fallout fanboy dude that tweeted that the DOOM community is non-existent.

Ysnar, Glaice, Crazycrab and 1 other like this

I hate rants on forums 

Well this is the AJSA. Angry is in our name and Ranting is kind of a requirement so...

Back on topic: I hate all of the biased opinions held towards sports games and more so the homophobic/racial slurs thrown out towards anyone suggesting that they even attempt to make a better game or one that doesn't involve you know... hilarious make out sessions between players

c5c7947c5b4363c70336620bda7dd23f_crop_no

or this...

d5e8b7f4cd7d51d5e5dd03f4222ef9c9_crop_no

It's almost enough to make me not want to play Fifa15 or Madden... but then I'd have to actually watch Football and that's not as fun as kicking people in the face after scoring a goal...

FIFA13YellowCardFaceKick.PNG

Lhouraii likes this

-People too blinded by nostalgia to accept any new products *cough* GTA San Andreas *cough*.

-Mean people, who cant express their opinions without sounding like a condescending arse.

My main problem is more with people (:

Individuals who can't take others criticizing what they like, often downplaying problems of their preferred product because of how blinded they are by it.

Individuals who think they're better than others because they of their choice of hardware.

Individuals who post things just to pad their post count. (Applies to any forum / community) (Also why I'm glad that the Post Counter for Off-Topic / Forum Games is off, and I can post as much as I want there XD)

Individuals who just say something because they think it's popular, without thinking it through. Even worse when they contradict themselves later.

Individuals who make long posts, but don't read other's long posts and make excuses for not doing so. (Also not exclusive to gaming forums)

Individuals who treat opinions as facts (Also applies to other forums / communities)

People who write a sentence like this one were they reply but basically don't say anything and it has nothing to do with the original post. Then they keep on rambling on and on and on and at some stage mention how they hate something like haters! which is a stupid phrase to begin with. 

Dane2hip48 likes this

Individuals who dismiss something as not a problem because it doesn't affect them personally.

People who can't accept that the term "PC Master Race" is used by some unironically and keep insisting that anyone and everyone who says it means it as "Just a Joke".

Crazycrab likes this

When people post things that include "as you all know", "i know you'll agree with me", and/or "we need to start a revolution!". Almost everytime I see a post that includes 1 or more of those things, I either did not know that fact or its just incorrect, I 99% of the time disagree with the opinion, and as for a "revolution", no, just no. Thats not how things work.

Other than that, not much on forums annoys me apart from the fanboyism mentioned before me.

Madfinnishgamer38 likes this

UNNECESSARILY LARGE IMAGE SIGNATURES, BOTH HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL!

Deadeye_DK likes this

UNNECESSARILY LARGE IMAGE SIGNATURES, BOTH HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL!

What is too large? I'm new to forums, so I'm unaware of the etiquette - is mine too large?

People who think you're not a real gamer because you haven't played some obscure Japanese game(you won't find that much here, though, thankfully).

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

I KNEW someone would do this. 

tumblr_m1ofx6ihQt1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Santana-glee-rolling-eyes-festivals-gif.

Well, you did ask me what i hated.

what did you expect ?

What is too large? I'm new to forums, so I'm unaware of the etiquette - is mine too large?

I have signatures turned off so I don't see it. I'm speaking more than 450x150 and even worse, multiple sigs stacked horizontally and/or vertically.

Being too sarcastic to be taken seriously only to then be told you're not being sarcastic enough.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Well, you did ask me what i hated.

what did you expect ?

Well, I didn't expect someone to say they hate rants on an AJSA forum... You know, since that's what we do here... ('ANGRY' Joe Show Army and all that, ya know...)

530edd672aea077a_gifney1.xxxlarge.gif

Dane2hip48 likes this

Well, I didn't expect someone to say they hate rants on an AJSA forum... You know, since that's what we do here... ('ANGRY' Joe Show Army and all that, ya know...)

530edd672aea077a_gifney1.xxxlarge.gif

so im supposed to like rants just because the word "angry" is in the name of the forum

Because all we will ever be to each other for the most part is text in a box- the big thing I hate in Forums is Polarisation of opinions rather than discussion.

Whilst there are a decent number of people who are on forums for a discussion and an actual exchange of ideas and opinions, all some people want is for a forum to be an echo chamber, where there own opinions are validated back to them by their peers, When someone challenges that opinion rather than discuss the reasons why they differ, threads dissolve into "You are a moron because you like x" "Well you are a moron because you like y"

Great. Both of you have learned nothing and this conversation was a waste of time. Well done.

Because all we will ever be to each other for the most part is text in a box- the big thing I hate in Forums is Polarisation of opinions rather than discussion.

Whilst there are a decent number of people who are on forums for a discussion and an actual exchange of ideas and opinions, all some people want is for a forum to be an echo chamber, where there own opinions are validated back to them by their peers, When someone challenges that opinion rather than discuss the reasons why they differ, threads dissolve into "You are a moron because you like x" "Well you are a moron because you like y"

Great. Both of you have learned nothing and this conversation was a waste of time. Well done.

yeah....,sorry about that

Individuals who own multiple systems from different companies and thinks it exempts them from being a fanboy when their actions clearly show that they are one.

Individuals who think that stating actual facts exempts them from being fanboys / elitists.

Individuals who give one word replies. (Applies to any type of forum)