• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Killzone

Ps4 needs a multiplayer focused shooter

40 posts in this topic

This Christmas sony has nothing that interests me and that kind of annoys me on xbox halo 5 and gears hold multiplayer what does sony have nothing i really want them to try again with the Starhawk franchise is a great shooter i dont want to see die. Shooters these days are so mondame in my eyes because all i played as a kid was shooter after shooter with more or less the same set Russia vs usa. I find that genre so boring. Rainbow 6 siege is nice but yet again something that will only do me for a week and get bored. PlayStation needs some kind of multiplayer shooter killzone dropped way down when shadow fall came out i wondered what happened to the great multiplayer design of killzone 3. Battlefront to me is just battlefield in space maybe it is not but i find that quite unlikely. 

If your confused i will elaborate on anything i wrote this kind of spur of the moment 

I see what you mean. There are only Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Star Wars Battlefront and Rainbow Six Siege coming out this year in terms of multiplayer shooters. And I would like a new Starhawk game, good idea. However there's still a lot of multiplayer shooters already out that you could give a try, War frame, planet side 2, Evolve, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Sniper Elite 3, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto and even Metal Gear Solid V will have a multiplayer mode and I think Fallout 4. Warhawk is also to rent on PSNow. Anyway that's all I know haha, if you found this useful and enjoy playing PS4, add us or you could check my YouTube channel which is just "Gambit Campaign", I upload a wide variety of different videos daily. I'm soon releasing a God of War 3 remastered "TVSeries" sort of, so if you haven't played it or want to revisit it just by seeing the best parts, watch Episode 1. Thanks.

Quick fyi not being a dick played nearly all of those they bored me especially destiny but i wont kick that horse. Also what i meant to say is i want a exclusive multiplayer shooter. But thank you for your in put

Why does it need to be an exclusive? What difference does that make?

If a games good it's good, doesn't matter if it's an exclusive or not.

You didn't like Destiny though? You were talking about Halo and being jealous of Halo 5, Destiny plays a lot like Halo...

And endgame is 99.9% focused on Mulitplayer, rather it be killing each other or doing raids/co-op missions.

Also, Gambit, I highly doubt FO4 will have any multiplayer. It's Bethesda, you have to keep that in mind.

Edited by WeLiVeR
WITHASTICK and Laserrifle125 like this

I highly doubt FO4 will have any multiplayer. It's Bethesda, you have to keep that in mind.

Fallout 4 will not have multiplayer, Todd Howard himself confirmed that, he said that he and his team wanted to focus on the singleplayer. However, he did also say that the team considered it.

Ya did not like destiny yes it plays the same as halo but theres no end goal in destiny i like to play games with an end goal, level up does not count, making it exclusive would more buzz around the game which iss always good,  i like halo because of warzone a constantly changing game type. 

"There's no end-goal in Destiny, leveling up doesn't count."

The same could be said for many, if not all shooters I've played. The primary goal in multiplayer, pvp, is to kill the other players. That's your end-goal, some games just reward you more for it than others. Again, Destiny has plenty of end-goals, like getting to the highest light level you can, maxing out ALL reputations, collecting every exotics, etc. You can dislike the game, sure, but don't say it doesn't have end-goals.

And things get a lot of 'buzz' rather or not they're exclusive. Personally, I think you just want a god-fps that's ps4 only that you can brag to Xbone owners about.

I dont want a game i can  brag to xbox owners i am not that shallow what i want is a new invative shooter for ps4,  something fresh something like starhawk, or something completely new, the reason destiny never interested me for more then a month is that its simple mission design bored me, multiplayer that was fun but after a while got boring. There was no where i felt finished i play game until ive done everything but destiny has no structure like that for me. I wish PlayStation would try andd invest more in multiplayer based games there studios are award winning makers of games. The reason i am dissapointed is because i love single player no douth about that but i want to find a multiplayer i can lose hours in things like titanfall, gears and halo. Yes titanfall is coming to ps4 and i cant wait, this years is definitely the year for xbox and that dissapoints me not because i am a fan boy but because i want to know when will sony have a year like this?  

I have never read a more pointless thread in my entire life.  The only reason you want it to be exclusive is create buzz.  How does this make it a good game?  Also many people have given this joker a list of great games for the PS4 and he shot down every one of them.  He says that Xbox One (my current system) has the better exclusives, Halo 5 and Gears of War Ultimate Edition?  Halo is the same its always been, and Gears is a remastered 9 yr old game.

Please lock this thread

I have never read a more pointless thread in my entire life. The only reason you want it to be exclusive is create buzz. How does this make it a good game? Also many people have given this joker a list of great games for the PS4 and he shot down every one of them. He says that Xbox One (my current system) has the better exclusives, Halo 5 and Gears of War Ultimate Edition? Halo is the same its always been, and Gears is a remastered 9 yr old game.

Please lock this thread

No

The guy has made a perfectly fair point. All he's saying is, in his opinion, that he wishes the PS4 had more to offer in terms of multiplayer fps's over the coming months, especially when XBox One looks strong in that department right now. And face facts guys, he's right. Planetside 2 is about the only recent and upcoming game of note the PS4 has that the XBOX doesn't.

I'll disagree that that desired fps the op is talking about should be exclusive (I that's even what he meant), but that's no exuse to playing the fanboy card (looking at you, WeLiVeR).

It doesn't matter wether you, me or anyone else agrees with the op or not, he's well within his rights to make his point.

Either contribute to the topic in constructive way, or ignore it. Either way it stays open.

EDIT: And Quinn, if you think a thread warrents locking, in future please use the report system and not a forum post.

No

The guy has made a perfectly fair point. All he's saying is, in his opinion, that he wishes the PS4 had more to offer in terms of multiplayer fps's over the coming months, especially when XBox One looks strong in that department right now. And face facts guys, he's right. Planetside 2 is about the only recent and upcoming game of note the PS4 has that the XBOX doesn't.

I'll disagree that that desired fps the op is talking about should be exclusive (I that's even what he meant), but that's no exuse to playing the fanboy card (looking at you, WeLiVeR).

It doesn't matter wether you, me or anyone else agrees with the op or not, he's well within his rights to make his point.

Either contribute to the topic in constructive way, or ignore it. Either way it stays open.

EDIT: And Quinn, if you think a thread warrents locking, in future please use the report system and not a forum post.

1st Person Shooters
Rainbow Six Siege
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Space Hulk: Deathwing
Killing Floor 2
Ad1ft

3rd Person Shooters
Battleborn
Star Wars: Battlefront
Uncharted Collection Remaster

Those are all PS4 titles coming out by the end of 2015 (hopefully), if there isn't something that interests you maybe just sell your system because you have lost interest in gaming.

I apologize for the first post, I am annoyed with someone is not presenting a point of a view but rather trying to cause a flame war

1st Person Shooters

Rainbow Six Siege

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Space Hulk: Deathwing

Killing Floor 2

Ad1ft

3rd Person Shooters

Battleborn

Star Wars: Battlefront

Uncharted Collection Remaster

Those are all PS4 titles coming out by the end of 2015 (hopefully), if there isn't something that interests you maybe just sell your system because you have lost interest in gaming.

I apologize for the first post, I am annoyed with someone is not presenting a point of a view but rather trying to cause a flame war

You are still insulting the op (and possibly me as well). I mean just read this part again to yourself;

"Those are all PS4 titles coming out by the end of 2015 (hopefully), if there isn't something that interests you maybe just sell your system because you have lost interest in gaming."

Whats more, you totally missed the point. The op (and myself) are talking what these two console line ups off in comparison, that meas exclusives matter. Every game you listed there is a multi-platform title except for Uncharted, and I personally wouldn't call it a 3ps, it's more of an action adventure and is more focased on the single player experiance anyway.

That's the issue. The PS4 hasn't got as much to offer in the multiplayer shooter genre as XB1 is the next half a year or so. It's got allot of fantastic games in OTHER genres, but compared to xb1, it line up of fps and 3ps is weaker.

I'm begging you, please pay more attention to what people are posting and think a little more about your posts.

Killzone likes this

Cod, battlefront are not very interesting at least to me if your excited great. Battlefront looks great but i lose interest if i am the only one getting it and even still it costs 75 i would rather wait, the nathan drake collection its a great collection but with no multiplayer to games that already had them , i would love if they would release the free to play version of uncharted 3s multiplayer on ps4 because that was an awsome multiplayer, i get tired of multiplayer if no one is playing with me or if its just too repeative or gets boring. I forgot about space hulk because i heard nothing about it in a while i would love to play  thats the kind of multiplayer i likthings set in the future

I find this discussion a bit silly personally, but I feel a lot of you are missing a point. Before I get started, I am not the smartest man in the world. There are smarter people than me, many on this site. But I saw the word "Insulting" and well, it shocked me. Not the fact that such a word could exist, but in the manner of it being use to disprove someones claims. A discussion is just that, a serious of topics brought up to reflect other peoples points of views. While some see it this way and only this way, others see it another way. A discussion is meant to create a scenario where these two views can meet, talk, and hopefully in the end find some middle ground to agree on. So here we go...

Topic: PlayStation 4 NEEDS a multiplayer focus shooter! In the sense of it being an exclusive title.

Devil's Advocate: Why do they?

Devil's Advocate Explained: As it stands PlayStation 4 in the Next-gen console race is the highest selling console out there and more popular. That may change with Xbox 1's new movement on turning around, but that's not the topic at hand. At this point PlayStation 4 doesn't have to make a exclusive Mutliplayer Shooter at all, the reason is because why compete with yourself? "What do you mean by that?" PlayStation now holds onto the Exclusive time release deal with Call of Duty and Destiny, Star Wars Battlefront is being promoted at all gaming conventions to be played on PlayStation 4's. Why make a game that will compete against something you put money into. Keep in mind PlayStation is a company, it makes sense to use its popularity to win over the third party titles with yes the greed of cash. I'm sorry the world runs by money. So it makes sense to get the biggest popular titles like Call of Duty, like Destiny, and like Star Wars Battlefront to promote their games on your console at a cheaper price than possibly developing a title to go against these. These three titles are proven to make money. But you may say, "they shouldn't worry about money! They should make new interesting titles and take chances!" That's the point, by not forcing themselves to keep making Killzone's over and over they can make those new titles. The Developers of Killzone, Guerrilla Games are making a title call Horizon: Zero Dawn, a brand new IP of their vision. Why force them to crank out yet another Killzone? When other creators like the Developers of God of War are making a Multiplayer shooter only title called Drawn to Death, that is very stylized.

You are still insulting the op (and possibly me as well). I mean just read this part again to yourself;

"Those are all PS4 titles coming out by the end of 2015 (hopefully), if there isn't something that interests you maybe just sell your system because you have lost interest in gaming."

Whats more, you totally missed the point. The op (and myself) are talking what these two console line ups off in comparison, that meas exclusives matter. Every game you listed there is a multi-platform title except for Uncharted, and I personally wouldn't call it a 3ps, it's more of an action adventure and is more focased on the single player experiance anyway.

That's the issue. The PS4 hasn't got as much to offer in the multiplayer shooter genre as XB1 is the next half a year or so. It's got allot of fantastic games in OTHER genres, but compared to xb1, it line up of fps and 3ps is weaker.

I'm begging you, please pay more attention to what people are posting and think a little more about your posts.

Devil's Advocate: I'm sorry, but it's only "insulting" to not include these games in the topic because of what I stated earlier. These are popular titles, they may not be exclusives but they effect the market. Remember back when every game developer and company were making their own "Call of Duty" and none of them did well? It's because in a market were the popular stay popular for a long time, it's hard to find that crowd that big to make that difference. Halo stands the test of time because of its popularity and can go toe to toe with Call of Duty. Killzone I'm sorry just can't. That's just how the market works.

Ending: The world is run by money just as the same as Santa Claus isn't real. Now do I want PlayStation to never make a Shooter title? No, I want PlayStation to make what they think they can make. But I don't want them to force company's to crank out games like Killzone over and over that feel soulless, but rather them let those same companies make what they want. Like I said before they have an Exclusive Multiplayer Shooter coming out called Drawn to Death, and you may sit there and still say "WELL I DON'T LIKE IT MAKE SOMETHING NEW! I WANT NEW!" That is new... and if you don't like the new or old I am sorry but you are than asking for something that is... insulting.

Post Note: Do I agree what everyone in here says. No. I take no sides. I do agree with Shagger though, keep the discussion civil. I may have called out Shagger on some points, but doesn't mean I will insult him and call him names. However, this is where I take my leave on this topic. So go ahead and cut my post apart and tell me I am wrong. As long as it stays civil and it stays a discussion... I will be watching.

Post Note 2: I was using Killzone as an example because of it being PlayStation's more well known Shooter Titles. It's not the only one, and you may say "Game 1 is better! You should have use this one instead because I like it and it's better!" It's an example, not a bigger dick contest.

I understand mostly where you come from withastick its just i have played nearly every shooter on the market and non of them interested me Battlefront is not the type of game i would not spend my money on if someone bought it for me great but the main problem is this i have stopped pre ordering games entirely and because of how crappy last year was. This might be the year i buy an xbox 

Honestly, the PS4 is much better for just about every other genre. Where the Xbox excels is, you guessed it, shooters. Give me Xbox shooters and racing games over PS4 any day of the year.

WITHASTICK and Shagger like this

^^ not much you can do to be different if your making a shooter that hasn't been done but anyways hi 

Everyone always barks for new IPs, or new games from old dead IPs.  Yet when companies make these games, they never sell anywhere as well as the old regulars.  

Honestly, the PS4 is much better for just about every other genre. Where the Xbox excels is, you guessed it, shooters. Give me Xbox shooters and racing games over PS4 any day of the year.

I agree with the racer statement because the Forza series is light years better than Driveclub.  However since I am not a Halo fan I would say that leaves us with cross platform games and the PS4 currently out performs the Xbox One.

I don't mean just for exclusives, but a better network, controller, and system architecture for shooters. That's why I say Xbox is where shooters live.

There is Evolve. That's multiplayer focused

There are many multiplayer focused games but the op hates every game out, and even some that are not out yet.

There are many multiplayer focused games but the op hates every game out, and even some that are not out yet.

It's amazing how that works lol. Games that aren't even out yet and there's hatred.

Ok one i dont hate any of these games they dont look particularly interesting, thngs like spacehulk, titanfall, doom shooters that took a idea of future warfare and ran with one of them is shooter on cocaine. Spacehulk does not even have a release date i hope its this year because the developer has been very quite