• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

RWBY is getting a video game

22 posts in this topic

Like, love, or hate the show, I just thought that I would share with you the news that RWBY is getting a video game.

Hopefully it won't suck.

Lightning and Dyzzles like this

I liked the setting I just couldn't stand the animation style. 

Wow, i like this kind of genre and RWBY too, if it gets to show something more i'm probably getting it.

Saw this earlier, definitely gonna' keep a look out for it. Voted on Greenlight and everything. :P

Is this that Rooster Teeth thing? I never watched it myself, but I don't think the game would appeal to me either way.

Sounds intriguing. If I play it, I'll probably go in with low expectations so I'll be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully.

I'm glad to see Rooster Teeth branch out into different projects. 

Come on, man, it's RWBY. Why would it suck?

That's a really bad view to have on a game regardless of the inspiration. 

Hell, as excited as I am over Fallout 4, I'm still worrying daily about the multiple ways it could be screwed up. And as big a fanbase as RWBY has, it would be terrifyingly easy for a company to decide to rush out a half-assed licenced game to cash in on the fanbase. 

It really is a shame that corps have forced gamers to be so cynical, but that's the point we're sitting at in the gaming industry right now. I hope to god for all you RWBY fans that this game is amazing, but I just feel like I need to remind you that Corporate is out there and he could very easily take advantage of your love for the series with this. 

Dyzzles likes this

Come on, man, it's RWBY. Why would it suck?

Same way Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra games sucked.  The same way that Transformers Tataki sucked.  The same way that Rambo: The Video Game sucked.

Just because a game is based on something that doesn't suck, doesn't mean that the game won't suck.

Dyzzles likes this

I'd play it!

But what I really want is RWBY season 3 :(

Ask and ye shall receive.

PlasticFrogCG likes this

Geez, guys. Quit bursting my bubble.

LIke I said, it's really a shame that the modern gaming industry makes us have to be this cynical, but it's just the way it is. :/

Also, looking at the trailer, it says "MOBA-like leveling". I don't like the sound of that, it means that every time you start a new game you start at level one and level up throughout that game, but then that all becomes pointless because you have to do it all again from level one the next game. I've never liked the way that MOBA's do that. 

... The same way that Rambo: The Video Game sucked.

Just because a game is based on something that doesn't suck, doesn't mean that the game won't suck.

Wait, Rambo doesn't suck? :P

Wait, Rambo doesn't suck? :P

Ya, it my not seem like it, but its a comedy.

I didnt know that RWBY existed until in the Mr. Satan vs Dan Deathbattle when Yang was announced as a next contestant at the end. Not even then, I was just like, Ok, whatevs, never seen the character. But recently when scrolling through netflix I came up to RWBY and recognized the character and said well what the hell, I'll give a shot, not seeing anything anyways. And im glad I did, kept me hooked and I watched the whole thing, it was cool. 

So the fact that its getting a game is awesome, thanks for heads up OP. But, that trailer seem pretty meh. Licensed games are meh in general. If it turns out great I'll buy it, if it turns out ok I'll wait for price drop.

As for Volume 3 I understand I'll come out on the 24th right? Only bad thing about it is that im going to have to wait for episodes as they come out, I prefer the netflix method.

Rooster Teeth just revealed the Early Access trailer.

I just hope they won't recycle the same enemies over and over again with the same death animations. If they get that right, i believe it might not suck for a hack and slash game :^D

Doesn't look too promising... :(

Shame, I was thinking about trying to get into the series off this game. 

For what little there is, I like it. Can't wait to see more of it come out.