• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Free Game Year 2016

176 posts in this topic

Here it is. Got through a year of free game-age and now its time to start another. I will be continuing along the same format, though this year I will have to keep a cap of $25 max for each monthly winner. This is the year I will be moving to California so I will be spending a lot of $$$ to get many things taken care of before I move and for the move.

There will be an end of year tournament for this year and with some suggestions and questions from some participants it will be more detailed as far as the winnings go and I will definitely work on getting a poll put up after doing some research into games that can be used at the end of the year for the tournament.

Considering there will be many that will no doubt prefer to have a tournament format in which they can actually participate personally I'm thinking there will definitely have to be some in which people may have to purchase the game to be included.

Whatever game that ends up being will be decided by the polls so there will be a cut off time set for Oct 31st. Whatever game is highest in the polls will be chosen for the end of year tournament and that will leave at least the month of November for everyone who plans to get into it to join the game before things get rolling in December.

As for the games I'm definitely going to look for those that allow for.... I can't even think of the term for it. But I do recall playing an RTS that allowed a player to just be a participant watcher looking over what the other two were doing. I think that was Command and Conquer 3 though. Yes, its been awhile since I've played an RTS. Lol. But I'm pretty sure there are others that aren't RTS that have this feature and if not I'm sure there is a method we can work about getting the matches recorded and set up.

Now without further ado.... Well a retelling of the rules first for those who may be seeing this for the first time. I will say First: and type a word of phrase after that along with an image and all you have to do is be the first one to reply to it. Doesn't matter how you respond, but you have to make sure to reply to the post directly or it wont count.

Also to avoid confusion like last time, though I found it hilarious, please don't repost the image if you are a previous winner in the later months. People get confused and think that you've won.

And now without further ado....

First: Demon Extermination Service

6622_berserk_hd_wallpapers_sword.jpg

2016 winners

January- Kaz32

Games Won:

Age of Mythology EX

Dungeon of the Endless: Crystal Edition

February-

March-

April-

May-

June-

July-

August-

September-

October-

November-

December-

Here it is. Got through a year of free game-age and now its time to start another. I will be continuing along the same format, though this year I will have to keep a cap of $25 max for each monthly winner. This is the year I will be moving to California so I will be spending a lot of $$$ to get many things taken care of before I move and for the move.

There will be an end of year tournament for this year and with some suggestions and questions from some participants it will be more detailed as far as the winnings go and I will definitely work on getting a poll put up after doing some research into games that can be used at the end of the year for the tournament.

Considering there will be many that will no doubt prefer to have a tournament format in which they can actually participate personally I'm thinking there will definitely have to be some in which people may have to purchase the game to be included.

Whatever game that ends up being will be decided by the polls so there will be a cut off time set for Oct 31st. Whatever game is highest in the polls will be chosen for the end of year tournament and that will leave at least the month of November for everyone who plans to get into it to join the game before things get rolling in December.

As for the games I'm definitely going to look for those that allow for.... I can't even think of the term for it. But I do recall playing an RTS that allowed a player to just be a participant watcher looking over what the other two were doing. I think that was Command and Conquer 3 though. Yes, its been awhile since I've played an RTS. Lol. But I'm pretty sure there are others that aren't RTS that have this feature and if not I'm sure there is a method we can work about getting the matches recorded and set up.

Now without further ado.... Well a retelling of the rules first for those who may be seeing this for the first time. I will say First: and type a word of phrase after that along with an image and all you have to do is be the first one to reply to it. Doesn't matter how you respond, but you have to make sure to reply to the post directly or it wont count.

Also to avoid confusion like last time, though I found it hilarious, please don't repost the image if you are a previous winner in the later months. People get confused and think that you've won.

And now without further ado....

First: Demon Extermination Service

6622_berserk_hd_wallpapers_sword.jpg

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters.

We need these guys back again.

ghostbusters1.jpg

After all, they did defeat Gozer the Gozerian God, and the demon Zuul motha fucka ZUUL!

50d47930afa96f7551000017.png?w=400

Good luck with the move! ;)

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters.

We need these guys back again.

ghostbusters1.jpg

After all, they did defeat Gozer the Gozerian God, and the demon Zuul motha fucka ZUUL!

50d47930afa96f7551000017.png?w=400

Good luck with the move! ;)

I never get tired of watching Ghost Busters. I would have liked it if they had done a trilogy.

Thanks. Everyone keeps telling me how rough its going to be over there because everything costs more, but hey... You still have people living there so its possible.

Kaz32 likes this

I never get tired of watching Ghost Busters. I would have liked it if they had done a trilogy.

Thanks. Everyone keeps telling me how rough its going to be over there because everything costs more, but hey... You still have people living there so its possible.

I count the official 2009 game as the third movie.

I do not want to think about the upcoming movie with those girls. Who knows, could be good, could be bad, but right now, gotta be cautious!

Thanks for the games! Now that I won, I don't need to worry about the next month entry taking place at 3 am when I was sleeping! Ahahaha! I wish you all upcoming winners all the best!

And when it's time for the next end year tournament, 

I will be ready for you all. 

toshiaki__s_evil_smile__screenshot_by_ki

I count the official 2009 game as the third movie.

I do not want to think about the upcoming movie with those girls. Who knows, could be good, could be bad, but right now, gotta be cautious!

Thanks for the games! Now that I won, I don't need to worry about the next month entry taking place at 3 am when I was sleeping! Ahahaha! I wish you all upcoming winners all the best!

And when it's time for the next end year tournament, 

I will be ready for you all. 

toshiaki__s_evil_smile__screenshot_by_ki

You know...  I have it but I only played a little of it. I did enjoy what I'd played thus far. I need to get back on it.

Yes, I'm not certain about the movie either. Its not the same when they try to revise movies made in a different decade because they always tend to ruin it working it to fit into "todays" standards of cinema. If you can't do it right, don't touch it. Learn to make something new which you have been for the most part doing really bad at.

Anytime. Let me know how the Dungeon of the Endless is. It looks really interesting. Might toss that on my list.

Anytime. Let me know how the Dungeon of the Endless is. It looks really interesting. Might toss that on my list.

It's an rts/ tower defence game. Pretty hard to explain, but you are able to pick 2 heroes out of plenty, 4 of them are Pyro, Engineer, Heavy Weapons guy and the Medic from Team Fortress 2. They actually use their canon names like Heavy is Misha and Engineer is Dell, but Pyro and Medic has no canon name yet, and they already have names?? Pyro is aparently Pat Bates and Medic is Kaspar Herab. Hm, cool names. Wonder if it will be canon in the comics later.

Your goal is to travel to different areas in a dungeon until you find the exit. You are able to build resource generators for producing materials, like food, research points and currency for constructing buildings. Ideally you place attack drones to attack enemies coming after you. And getting resources isn't real time like an rts, you get resources when you enter a new area, so it's like an rts/ turn based hybrid.

Once you found the exit, you bring an orange crystal to the exit, and if your heroes die, it's game over. See the game footage for more info.

It's an rts/ tower defence game. Pretty hard to explain, but you are able to pick 2 heroes out of plenty, 4 of them are Pyro, Engineer, Heavy Weapons guy and the Medic from Team Fortress 2. They actually use their canon names like Heavy is Misha and Engineer is Dell, but Pyro and Medic has no canon name yet, and they already have names?? Pyro is aparently Pat Bates and Medic is Kaspar Herab. Hm, cool names. Wonder if it will be canon in the comics later.

Your goal is to travel to different areas in a dungeon until you find the exit. You are able to build resource generators for producing materials, like food, research points and currency for constructing buildings. Ideally you place attack drones to attack enemies coming after you. And getting resources isn't real time like an rts, you get resources when you enter a new area, so it's like an rts/ turn based hybrid.

Once you found the exit, you bring an orange crystal to the exit, and if your heroes die, it's game over. See the game footage for more info.

Looks like I'll be adding this to the list. I like how this looks.

Dungeon of the endless advertises itself as a TD hybrid but honestly I find the TD elements to be near negligable. In order to win you have to build as few towers as possibly, ideally none... And get heroes to kill everything to save on industry.

Of course you want to find chokepoint rooms and build a bunch of structures there and use jt as long as possible, but even that isnt like a TD game.

Dungeon of the endless advertises itself as a TD hybrid but honestly I find the TD elements to be near negligable. In order to win you have to build as few towers as possibly, ideally none... And get heroes to kill everything to save on industry.

Of course you want to find chokepoint rooms and build a bunch of structures there and use jt as long as possible, but even that isnt like a TD game.

So once you take over a point it doesn't get attacked?

So once you take over a point it doesn't get attacked?

You'll still get attacked. The way the game works is you have to go from room to room, each with enemies in there, and once in a while waves of enemies will suddenly spawn and attack you everywhere, except in places that you have light up with your generator. You have to build attack turrets to kill these enemies easier, or else they will gang up on your heroes and murder them.

You'll still get attacked. The way the game works is you have to go from room to room, each with enemies in there, and once in a while waves of enemies will suddenly spawn and attack you everywhere, except in places that you have light up with your generator. You have to build attack turrets to kill these enemies easier, or else they will gang up on your heroes and murder them.

>:/ Accursed waves. I hated them in Left4Dead. How dare they make me waste ammunition

>:/ Accursed waves. I hated them in Left4Dead. How dare they make me waste ammunition

Urgh. Left 4 Dead. Hate those Tanks, which unfortunately for me has a tendency to appear EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

And Warhammer Vermintide reminds me of the pain and suffering I felt because everything is so familiar. Brutes that has tons of health only makes things harder than they already have, why can't these games just have them as a final boss??

Urgh. Left 4 Dead. Hate those Tanks, which unfortunately for me has a tendency to appear EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

And Warhammer Vermintide reminds me of the pain and suffering I felt because everything is so familiar. Brutes that has tons of health only makes things harder than they already have, why can't these games just have them as a final boss??

Tanks and Brutes make it more fun. When everything is stacked against you it makes victory all the more satisfying

Tanks and Brutes make it more fun. When everything is stacked against you it makes victory all the more satisfying

Not on Expert Mode!!! :(

Nothing like the oh shit moment when the music for the tank plays though, man they need to make left 4 dead 3.

Nothing like the oh shit moment when the music for the tank plays though, man they need to make left 4 dead 3.

Weren't they supposed to be making one?

Weren't they supposed to be making one?

Hmmm, I wonder why they haven't made 3 yet. Probably busy with Half L COUGH COUGH COUGH ARRRGHH! This noodle I'm eating is so spicy!!!

Why not take a break? Do what must be done in your life and save and plan for the next event for the end of this year.

Why not take a break? Do what must be done in your life and save and plan for the next event for the end of this year.

Thank you for the concern. Its more so because the money I'm using to give out the games monthly is going to be from data entry work that I do apart from my job so it wont dip into my savings and the tournament money I'm using from my tax return at the end of this year. 

It wont hurt my plans to move or slow it down.

i don't want to interfere with your private/personal Life Jinzuro but, are you sure to want to move to Kalifornia? I mean I heared a lot of bad things from there. sinking waterlevels resulting drought, Earthquakes, forest fires, Zika Virus outbreak...

i don't want to interfere with your private/personal Life Jinzuro but, are you sure to want to move to Kalifornia? I mean I heared a lot of bad things from there. sinking waterlevels resulting drought, Earthquakes, forest fires, Zika Virus outbreak...

I'll be fine. Besides it really depends on where you are in California. Remember California pretty much is like a few state sizes on its own.

I'll be fine. Besides it really depends on where you are in California. Remember California pretty much is like a few state sizes on its own.

Its too bad the whole state has to follow all the same rules though.. California has whacky laws.