• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Free Game Year 2016

176 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

I'm glad to hear it turned out well for you in the end. I had my first taste of court because of this incident and it was not a good ride.

Its bull at its finest when people do that and they know their at fault. Guy that hit me went right through the red light and the officer who showed up at the scene "after" the first officer told me to move my car was the one given control of the scene and after inspecting over everything gave me the ticket saying it was "most likely" my fault. I didn't know you could give a ticket for most likely. Went to plead not guilty and they told me to just go home after looking at what the officer wrote because they said it was a he said, she said type incident.

Almost a year later he comes out of nowhere claiming injuries which he was perfectly fine the day of the accident and told the cop as such. Everyone there could see it. That got insurance to pay him $35,000 and then it continued on to court which I had to use up the remainder of my funds to deal with that mess. Even if I won the battle, that guy completely won the war. I was too pissed to be depressed about it all.

Sounds like you could use a free game (or two) yourself.

Well in a attempt to lighten the mood of this thread, I'll be having a son by the end of June.  One of the crazy things that's going on for me.

MadDemon64 likes this

19 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

Sounds like you could use a free game (or two) yourself.

I was fortunate to receive Overwatch from a friend. That has kept me in a good mood when I feel down here and there.

14 minutes ago, xevious21 said:

Well in a attempt to lighten the mood of this thread, I'll be having a son by the end of June.  One of the crazy things that's going on for me.

Congrats! o_o Shove every ounce of knowledge you can into 'em while he's young. They soak everything up like a sponge. 

1 hour ago, Jinzuro said:

The loss of my car pretty much put me in a rut, but when I get back on my feet I am going to go back through the missed months and set up those winners. Not to mention the fact that apparently the person who hit my first car and causes me to have to get the POS that died on me tried to go for suing me so its just been one big mess. Pretty much obliterated my huge savings I had.

Sorry I hadn't been giving updates, its been pretty crazy. I just recently started to be able to breath a little. At the most I'm just trying to get all my things settled in Georgia so I can move to California. My gf's parents are going to help me out while I get work and soon as I land that job I have a discount to get an entirely new vehicle from ford thanks to my grandfather working for them for so long and then its back to business. 

Not sure on the eta of everything, but I'm trying to bank it to the end of this year. Just a lot of clean up to do before I head out.

Sort out what ya gotta do man. No rush.

Jinzuro likes this

25 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Sort out what ya gotta do man. No rush.

Believe I am. Its just not moving at the pace that I want it to >:/ but when does it ever?

59 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

Congrats! o_o Shove every ounce of knowledge you can into 'em while he's young. They soak everything up like a sponge. 

Thanks, I plan too.  He's going to be watch all my faves from my childhood, Predator, Robocop(the original), Star Wars, Aliens.  And play all the classic games, Doom, Mortal Kombat. It's going to be fun to have a number two player that I can raise

Jinzuro likes this

42 minutes ago, xevious21 said:

Thanks, I plan too.  He's going to be watch all my faves from my childhood, Predator, Robocop(the original), Star Wars, Aliens.  And play all the classic games, Doom, Mortal Kombat. It's going to be fun to have a number two player that I can raise

I can see the gaming temple atop of the mountains already. Lol

Wow. Road accident. I hate that shit. Lots of that happened to me when I was younger. I got crashed by a motorcycle while I was walking, which is totally my fault, then I opened my car door while a motorcycle was speeding, too bad for him he hit my door and he flew out of his bike GTA style

207577_o.gif

Kind of like this minus the flying.

Also 4 years ago I got into a car accident once while I was trying to do a hook turn. Some ass ran through the red light and slammed my left side of the car. Traumatized the hell out of me, but I make sure never to let that happen again. You had it really bad since you actually went to court and got sued, AND you're not the one at fault. People can be really retarded.

But not to worry! That guy will get what's coming to him. $35,000 won't do much good when he gets in another car accident, and he can't bullshit his way out of that one. 

24 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

I can see the gaming temple atop of the mountains already. Lol

His training will be long and arduous, but he will be the future.

30 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

Wow. Road accident. I hate that shit. Lots of that happened to me when I was younger. I got crashed by a motorcycle while I was walking, which is totally my fault, then I opened my car door while a motorcycle was speeding, too bad for him he hit my door and he flew out of his bike GTA style

207577_o.gif

Kind of like this minus the flying.

Also 4 years ago I got into a car accident once while I was trying to do a hook turn. Some ass ran through the red light and slammed my left side of the car. Traumatized the hell out of me, but I make sure never to let that happen again. You had it really bad since you actually went to court and got sued, AND you're not the one at fault. People can be really retarded.

But not to worry! That guy will get what's coming to him. $35,000 won't do much good when he gets in another car accident, and he can't bullshit his way out of that one. 

Yeah this was the first incident I've ever had and turned out thus far to be the worst one. Had a good savings going and it got obliterated, but at least I had it to fall back on emergency wise. I can't imagine going through as many incidents as you have. The one was more then enough for me.

I'm hopping so. In the mean time I have to get back on my feet and currently its me working my butt off while trying not to burn out.

10 minutes ago, xevious21 said:

His training will be long and arduous, but he will be the future.

>:3 The chosen one is created, not born.

4 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

>:3 The chosen one is created, not born.

Correct sir.  That can be said of all children.  Too many parents nowadays have a hands off approach to parenting, really passes me off

Jinzuro likes this

8 minutes ago, xevious21 said:

Correct sir.  That can be said of all children.  Too many parents nowadays have a hands off approach to parenting, really passes me off

Well we had that point of it becoming political where if you discipline your child you get locked up... -_- See how well that turned out right? Now we have the same people who complained about child abuse ranting about people not getting onto their kids. I don't know... maybe they don't want jail time.  

We have kids having kids and their disrespectful as hell. I'm happy I was disciplined as a child. They don't do it just because, its something they need because lets face it. All children are naturally born sociopaths until their taught right or wrong. 

Mind you you do have those sorry excuse for parents that just beat their kids just because, but I've seen way too many children out right cursing back at their parents and the parents just taking it and pleading with them. Your the parent...get on your job! If you do it early you wont have to worry about it later.

Finally have some good news to put out. After trying to get anything in walking distance with no luck I was fortunate enough to find out my sibling is out on her seasonal job and is going to help me out with transportation until I can land myself another vehicle as soon as possible.

This is a big plus for me since the jobs that are available for me are not reachable for lack of a bus system and cabs quite frankly would just be spending too much getting to and from work every day. Which is no go when the court bs and upkeep of my rent and bills have dried out all my savings.

So what I'm going to do once I get everything balanced out is get caught up on FGY by releasing the previous months weekly until the current month is taken care of as well as getting the winner of the end of year tournament the big prize that he won.

Also so you know, I intend on moving to California at the end of the year so I will more then likely be doing the last few months earlier to get them out of the way and I've been wondering what you guys may think about having Overwatch as the game for the end of year tournament for 2016. I've looked at the custom games and the fact it has everything perfectly geared for it, including a spectator mode seems all but perfect. This of course is just one choice. As always if anyone has any other games they think would work well for a tourny we can get it all set up on a vote and see which one comes out on top.

10 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

Finally have some good news to put out. After trying to get anything in walking distance with no luck I was fortunate enough to find out my sibling is out on her seasonal job and is going to help me out with transportation until I can land myself another vehicle as soon as possible.

This is a big plus for me since the jobs that are available for me are not reachable for lack of a bus system and cabs quite frankly would just be spending too much getting to and from work every day. Which is no go when the court bs and upkeep of my rent and bills have dried out all my savings.

So what I'm going to do once I get everything balanced out is get caught up on FGY by releasing the previous months weekly until the current month is taken care of as well as getting the winner of the end of year tournament the big prize that he won.

Also so you know, I intend on moving to California at the end of the year so I will more then likely be doing the last few months earlier to get them out of the way and I've been wondering what you guys may think about having Overwatch as the game for the end of year tournament for 2016. I've looked at the custom games and the fact it has everything perfectly geared for it, including a spectator mode seems all but perfect. This of course is just one choice. As always if anyone has any other games they think would work well for a tourny we can get it all set up on a vote and see which one comes out on top.

Custom game, as in CPU vs. CPU?  Because I don't own it.

2 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

Custom game, as in CPU vs. CPU?  Because I don't own it.

The wont be until the very end of the year, possibly beginning of next year until its held so if no one has the game by then but they want to participate. They can have an AI sub in for them instead. But since this will be a team based tournament we'll have to work with how this will be done. Whichever team wins means all 6 plays get $100 towards anything game related. Might be driven higher on what the win amount will be. That will depend on what job I have at the time.

Realize I didn't answer the initial question really. When you make a custom game it means you set the rules and such for those matches.

Sweet! A winner each week till were caught up? I'm game.

2 hours ago, Jinzuro said:

Good to hear that's somewhat sorted out dude. Why not hold off on the Free Game Year stuff a bit longer until it's all settled and money isn't going to be an issue at all?

Jinzuro and TamaskanLEM like this

1 minute ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Good to hear that's somewhat sorted out dude. Why not hold off on the Free Game Year stuff a bit longer until it's all settled and money isn't going to be an issue at all?

No worries. I wont take more then I can handle. These are pretty much going by my estimates because I know I'm going to be working my butt off to get everything done. Aside from that I generally get paid from my youtube channel every 3-4 months so I'm going to have some of that go towards the tourny.

All I need to do is get a car with a car note. I rather not have one, but I would feel better with a car I know is not going to implode on my at some point.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

21 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

No worries. I wont take more then I can handle. These are pretty much going by my estimates because I know I'm going to be working my butt off to get everything done. Aside from that I generally get paid from my youtube channel every 3-4 months so I'm going to have some of that go towards the tourny.

All I need to do is get a car with a car note. I rather not have one, but I would feel better with a car I know is not going to implode on my at some point.

Ahh. cool. Good to hear.

17 hours ago, Jinzuro said:

I hope you'll have even more good news in the future. Don't worry about the FGY, real life issue comes first!

Hopefully Overwatch will be $10 when the end of the year comes. Or else for the end tournament, we can play Gwent.

gqkxrx34wtjvjxtr0aqd.jpg

Jinzuro likes this

3 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

I hope you'll have even more good news in the future. Don't worry about the FGY, real life issue comes first!

Hopefully Overwatch will be $10 when the end of the year comes. Or else for the end tournament, we can play Gwent.

gqkxrx34wtjvjxtr0aqd.jpg

Don't worry. I will most certainly be taking care of my business first because it wouldn't do well to not be at 100% when doing something like FGY it would make it completely inconsistent and I don't want that. When my channel gets to $100 a month I'm definitely going to be using those funds towards FGY. So far I'm getting the $100 every 3-4 months so not much more to go on that.

o_o I'd forgotten all about Gwent. I'm definitely including that for votes. I'm going to set a list so I can remember them all when its time to set up the polls.

Possible game choices for FGY 2016:

1. Overwatch

2. Gwent

Kaz32 likes this

On 6/10/2016 at 7:53 AM, Jinzuro said:

1. Overwatch

2. Gwent

I still think that having the end tournament be against AI is still the better option. Doing so will sort of minimize the advantage of those who have played a certain game extensively over those who haven't. Just like last year with the Dragon Ball fighting game. Those who haven't played the game, or even know little about the show had as much chance to win as those who did. Not to mention it removes the situation where not everyone has the game, or has to spend to participate.

1 hour ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

I still think that having the end tournament be against AI is still the better option. Doing so will sort of minimize the advantage of those who have played a certain game extensively over those who haven't. Just like last year with the Dragon Ball fighting game. Those who haven't played the game, or even know little about the show had as much chance to win as those who did. Not to mention it removes the situation where not everyone has the game, or has to spend to participate.

Excellent points, but it is also the main reason I'm collecting the games to poll up early. If a person knows what game will be used for the tourny and have ample time to play it prior then there wont be any problems.

The choice of have games that center around AI is also still available. So it will really depend on the majority in what game is chosen in the end. I actually should put Tenkai as well now that I think on it.

1. Overwatch (Team Type Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 6 Character Teams)

2. Gwent (Single Type Tournament ~ Player Participation)

3. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 (Single Type Tournament ~ AI Substitutes: Select 5 fighters)

My suggestion for games would probably be Rocket League.

Rocket League because it has a spectator mode so we can watch a game of all AI players, and games can range from 1v1 to 4v4. As well as the three different game types.

And if people want to play it over having AI players, there's no characters to choose from and no cards to get to know. Low level of entry, and just depends on the players themselves. If it's all AI players, then everyone is really on equal footing since there aren't any characters to choose.

Just thought of the WWE / WWF Wrestling games of all AI Wrestlers too. But the limitation for that is that I don't think the games lets players choose the same character, so it'll be first come first serve for who chooses who. There's gonna be people who don't follow wrestling, just like there were people who didn't know much of Dragon Ball too I guess.

Not digging Rocket League simply because doing the research to form the perfect team is half the fun.

A WWE is a great idea, especially if you go for double or triple team or whatever variety they do. Calling it, the winning team is going to have a undertaker somewhere in there!