• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Free Game Year 2016

176 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

Not digging Rocket League simply because doing the research to form the perfect team is half the fun.

Thought of Rocket League for its simplicity to be honest.

On 6/11/2016 at 10:51 PM, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

My suggestion for games would probably be Rocket League.

Rocket League because it has a spectator mode so we can watch a game of all AI players, and games can range from 1v1 to 4v4. As well as the three different game types.

And if people want to play it over having AI players, there's no characters to choose from and no cards to get to know. Low level of entry, and just depends on the players themselves. If it's all AI players, then everyone is really on equal footing since there aren't any characters to choose.

Just thought of the WWE / WWF Wrestling games of all AI Wrestlers too. But the limitation for that is that I don't think the games lets players choose the same character, so it'll be first come first serve for who chooses who. There's gonna be people who don't follow wrestling, just like there were people who didn't know much of Dragon Ball too I guess.

On 6/12/2016 at 4:00 PM, TamaskanLEM said:

Not digging Rocket League simply because doing the research to form the perfect team is half the fun.

A WWE is a great idea, especially if you go for double or triple team or whatever variety they do. Calling it, the winning team is going to have a undertaker somewhere in there!

Sounds Will have those added as well. I think I will select July for the last month any other game can be added. This way I can start setting up the polls for everyone to begin voting.

Possible game choices for FGY 2016:

1. Overwatch  (Team Type Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 6 Character Teams)

2. Gwent  (Single Type Tournament ~ Player Participation)

3. Rocket League (Team Type Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 4 Car Teams)

4. WWE (AI Team or Single Tournament)

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI Single Type Tournament )

Also on a good note. I have an interview tomorrow. Hopefully it works out so I can get my bills and such back in the straights and then get FGY 2016 rolling again.

24 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

Also on a good note. I have an interview tomorrow. Hopefully it works out so I can get my bills and such back in the straights and then get FGY 2016 rolling again.

Awesome dude, hope it goes well.

I'm not too fond of the Gwent idea.  The whole player participation thing might be a problem for people with jobs with long hours.

Also I'm not that good at card games.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:21 AM, MadDemon64 said:

I'm not too fond of the Gwent idea.  The whole player participation thing might be a problem for people with jobs with long hours.

Also I'm not that good at card games.

I can understand, though there would have to be a large enough vote for it to pass as the number 1 choice for the tournament. I want at least the options to be more open to go towards the majority participants. 

Giving an update. Work has been steady and I have been catching up on everything I was behind on. So I can happily say the end of next month I'll be starting back into FGY.

Though I've been thinking about trying using a Patreon along with it. With that I'm going to need to rework quite a bit that goes along with how I'm doing FGY, but I wanted it to be an evolving process to begin with. As it stands I'm going to be working on a way to have it grow larger to compensate for the goals that I reach.

Of course there is a matter of it panning out. I know that it will, its always just a matter of time and the work you put into it. And I will definitely need to think on how to make it wildly beneficial for what I wanted FGY to be, but to also have it branch into other future projects.

3 hours ago, Jinzuro said:

Giving an update. Work has been steady and I have been catching up on everything I was behind on. So I can happily say the end of next month I'll be starting back into FGY.

Though I've been thinking about trying using a Patreon along with it. With that I'm going to need to rework quite a bit that goes along with how I'm doing FGY, but I wanted it to be an evolving process to begin with. As it stands I'm going to be working on a way to have it grow larger to compensate for the goals that I reach.

Of course there is a matter of it panning out. I know that it will, its always just a matter of time and the work you put into it. And I will definitely need to think on how to make it wildly beneficial for what I wanted FGY to be, but to also have it branch into other future projects.

Congrats on catching up and getting work steady! 

All I can think about now is the year end tournament. It's gonna be.... Interesting. I am ready for anything, no matter what game will be picked!

9 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

Congrats on catching up and getting work steady! 

All I can think about now is the year end tournament. It's gonna be.... Interesting. I am ready for anything, no matter what game will be picked!

Thank you. Its been quite the struggle, but I'm excited to get things back up and running again. I was enjoying myself and was happy to know others were too.

Yeah and this month is going to be the last one before I put up the games for votes. So far its just whats on the current list, but if anyone has any ideas I do welcome them to present them.

Possible game choices for FGY 2016 end year tournament:

1. Overwatch (Team Based Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 6 Character Teams)

2. Gwent  (Single Based Tournament ~ Player Participation)

3. Rocket League (Team Based Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 4 Car Teams)

4. WWE (AI Tag Team or Single Tournament)

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI Single Type Tournament ~ Any form can be chosen for characters that transform except for Giants)

Alright. July is almost up and we have a total of 5 games to vote on. If you have any others you want to be put on the list that you think would do well for a tourny let me know.

18 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

Alright. July is almost up and we have a total of 5 games to vote on. If you have any others you want to be put on the list that you think would do well for a tourny let me know.

How about...... one of the Smash Bros games? CPU vs CPU on one of those games will be.... oh so unpredictable and chaotic.

Jinzuro and Mr_E_Meatshield like this

9 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

How about...... one of the Smash Bros games? CPU vs CPU on one of those games will be.... oh so unpredictable and chaotic.

Hm. I'll add it on. I need to see which one I can get for the pc emulator that would bet he latest one. Which for one I can get would be.... Brawl for the Wii. I can borrow that oen from my friend and pop it into my pc to run.

1. Overwatch (Team Based Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 6 Character Teams)

3. Rocket League (Team Based Tournament ~ AI Substitute or Player Participation: 4 Car Teams)

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI Single Based Tournament ~ Any form can be chosen for characters that transform except for Giants)

6. Smash Bros. Brawl (AI Single Based Tournament)

Kaz32 and Beatmaster A.C. like this

35 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

Hm. I'll add it on. I need to see which one I can get for the pc emulator that would bet he latest one. Which for one I can get would be.... Brawl for the Wii. I can borrow that oen from my friend and pop it into my pc to run.

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI Single Based Tournament ~ Any form can be chosen for characters that transform except for Giants)

6. Smash Bros. Brawl (AI Single Based Tournament)

Nice. Oho man, 6 games. We shall see which one of these will be chosen. Anything can happen!

Just now, Kaz32 said:

Nice. Oho man, 6 games. We shall see which one of these will be chosen. Anything can happen!

Indeed. Hopefully might get some more additional titles as well. From August till December it will be open to votes.

DBZ Tenkaichi 3

Rocket League

Smash Bros Brawl

im totally fine with one of those 3

3 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

DBZ Tenkaichi 3

Rocket League

Smash Bros Brawl

im totally fine with one of those 3

I'm curious to see what ends up being the final pick at the end of the year

Due to my suckage at card games, I will vote for basically anything that isn't Gwent.

I hope Brawl wins.

Jinzuro likes this

17 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

Due to my suckage at card games, I will vote for basically anything that isn't Gwent.

I hope Brawl wins.

Lol. You treat Gwent like your public enemy # 1 in this. >:3 Vote for what you want most of course.

Last day for any additions if anyone has any other ideas.

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI Single Based Tournament ~ Any form can be chosen for characters that transform except for Giants)

6. Smash Bros. Brawl (AI Single Based Tournament)

Well since I'd be harder to get everyone to play together, my vote is for a AI game.   Both Rocket League and Smash Bros have really great AI

MadDemon64 likes this

5 hours ago, xevious21 said:

Well since I'd be harder to get everyone to play together, my vote is for a AI game.   Both Rocket League and Smash Bros have really great AI

Thank you for mentioning that. I actually had no idea that Rocket League had a full AI Element to it. That one I suppose can go either way. I'm about to start putting up the polls now.

Actually... did they change something recently? I can't find where I am able to make the polls like before

I just settled for making a strawpoll. I will have the link in my sig to make it easy to keep up with.

1 hour ago, Jinzuro said:

Thank you for mentioning that. I actually had no idea that Rocket League had a full AI Element to it. That one I suppose can go either way. I'm about to start putting up the polls now.

Thought I mentioned that when I suggested it and WWE. XD It's why I suggested it hehe. Also mentioned that matches can be 1 v 1 to teams.

1 hour ago, Jinzuro said:

Actually... did they change something recently? I can't find where I am able to make the polls like before

I just settled for making a strawpoll. I will have the link in my sig to make it easy to keep up with.

I think you have to go into the full editor, or back on the first post of the thread to be able to make a poll. Not completely sure on that though. Also, cast my vote for Rocket League. AI vs AI.

4 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Thought I mentioned that when I suggested it and WWE. XD It's why I suggested it hehe. Also mentioned that matches can be 1 v 1 to teams.

I think you have to go into the full editor, or back on the first post of the thread to be able to make a poll. Not completely sure on that though. Also, cast my vote for Rocket League. AI vs AI.

Hmm... I have no memory of that. x_x I'm getting senile it seems.

I did go back to the first page, but I didn't see any mention about the full editor when I went to edit which I found strange. I could have just outright missed it though since its been some time since I dealt with making polls on the forum.

Giving a reminder. I have the polls up on Strawpoll. This will be going on until the last day of December though a date for the actual tournament will need to be worked out, especially if it is consecutive. That is only if it happens to be one where we need actual people to participate in. Link to vote is in my sig.

1. Overwatch (AI Substitute or Player)

2. Gwent (Player Participation)

3. Rocket League (AI substitute or Player)

4. WWE (AI Tag Team or Single)

5. DBZ Tenkaichi 3 ( AI-Can choose any character form but Giant)

6. Smash Bros. Brawl (AI)

Lol. 50 minutes away from being off of work and I slice my thumb open :D