• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

65 posts in this topic

Hearing this got pushed back a bit to hammer out any issues, kinda happy for that. Developers today always seem to have issues from publishers or their own interest with delaying a launch. Here we see the team come out and make a hard choice but one that could help the title. 

Just pathetic that there is a small minority who think death threats are how you get results.

VirexGaming likes this

I am surprised by the level of animosity of some over the small delay though, one would think you wouldn't want you game to have potentially game breaking glitches.

I just want to throw this out there...

While yes this thread covers the general information of No Man's Sky, and the recent events of the delay are general information to the game. There is already a separate thread about this one event of Hello Games getting death threats. While yes this thread does pre-date that thread, I feel that thread can be allowed to be more open of the general idea of death threats being an issue, rather than a thread about general information about a game. I thank everyone who share their thoughts, negative or positive.

But please focus the talk of death threats and the death threats Hello Games are receiving over at this thread: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/34994-no-mans-sky-dev-gets-death-threats/

A 3 year long secret was finally brought to light a few days ago that some could argue has effected the games development. That Hello Games was in a lawsuit with Sky a UK based TV company over the use of the word "Sky" in the title No Man's Sky. This same company has attacked companies like this before, famously with Microsoft with two cases. One for Microsoft having a cloud storage system known as SkyDrive. Sky issued a lawsuit and won against Microsoft. The second case was when Microsoft was filing a trademark for Skype in the UK, and Sky hit them with a lawsuit for the word Skype because it contained the word "Sky" in the name. Sky lost that case as Skype and Sky have nothing in common. It seems that Hello Games settled out of court which most likely means two things either A. they were going to lose against Sky, or B. Sky threaten to extend this lawsuit and threaten harming the game. Which may explain why the game was delayed two months when so close to launch. If it had come out before this was settled it could have harmed their development company greatly if they had lost the case. Now that is speculation and has not been confirmed to be the reasons why the game was delayed. Rooster Teeth's The Know did a great segment going over everything I have said here, I recommend watching it.

16 hours ago, WITHASTICK said:

A 3 year long secret was finally brought to light a few days ago that some could argue has effected the games development. That Hello Games was in a lawsuit with Sky a UK based TV company over the use of the word "Sky" in the title No Man's Sky. This same company has attacked companies like this before, famously with Microsoft with two cases. One for Microsoft having a cloud storage system known as SkyDrive. Sky issued a lawsuit and won against Microsoft. The second case was when Microsoft was filing a trademark for Skype in the UK, and Sky hit them with a lawsuit for the word Skype because it contained the word "Sky" in the name. Sky lost that case as Skype and Sky have nothing in common. It seems that Hello Games settled out of court which most likely means two things either A. they were going to lose against Sky, or B. Sky threaten to extend this lawsuit and threaten harming the game. Which may explain why the game was delayed two months when so close to launch. If it had come out before this was settled it could have harmed their development company greatly if they had lost the case. Now that is speculation and has not been confirmed to be the reasons why the game was delayed. Rooster Teeth's The Know did a great segment going over everything I have said here, I recommend watching it.

Really irritates me when companies do this sort of shit.

15 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

Really irritates me when companies do this sort of shit.

Quite the dick move, I get it in terms of trademark a company that doesn't defend their trademark might lose it. But that applies to areas that trademark is applied to. So unless that TV company is going to be making a game, how in the fuck does a game have anything to take from your company's service that applies to the trademark?

Tell us anything about NO MANS SKY! {please leave a like and make some friends} {friend me for the weirdest,coolest,HOLD ZE CAKE!, awesome,gaming articles and forums}:ajsalogo: PEACE PEACE CHICKEN POLICE!!:modjoe:

u.jpg

A new No Man's Sky trailer has dropped AND!... It's got nothing new to offer, just reciting everything they've said in the past about the game. A lot of places to explore, a lot of creatures to be discovered, an endless ocean of stars, blah blah blah. It's a nice trailer, but I feel they should have put something new out there... or showed off some more of the other mechanics they've shown behind closed doors and briefly in public. I don't know, maybe combat? Terra forming? Alien races? Attacking a star station? No? Oh well.

The title does say Video 1, so hopefully that is the case and as we get deeper in videos we start seeing new stuff rather the same old.

likes this

does anybody have any idea about whats at the centre of the universe?.......

3 hours ago, Nickboss99 said:

does anybody have any idea about whats at the centre of the universe?.......

According to the standard theories of cosmology, the universe started with a "Big Bang" about 14 thousand million years ago and has been expanding ever since. Yet there is no centre to the expansion; it is the same everywhere. 

So to put it simply, there is believed to be no center of the universe and the big bang happened everywhere. Best way to look at is using a balloon:

3 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

According to the standard theories of cosmology, the universe started with a "Big Bang" about 14 thousand million years ago and has been expanding ever since. Yet there is no centre to the expansion; it is the same everywhere. 

So to put it simply, there is believed to be no center of the universe and the big bang happened everywhere. Best way to look at is using a balloon:

I thought he meant center of the galaxy in no man's sky. :P

Someone will probably hack the game and find out soon after release though.

yeah thats what i meant lol but its good to outsource too lol stupid me

13 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

I thought he meant center of the galaxy in no man's sky. :P

Someone will probably hack the game and find out soon after release though.

Well the question says universe so I answered for universe, if we are speaking about galaxies, well technically the developer can do as they wish since its a game however astronomers believe that at the center of every GALAXY lies a super-massive black hole. I doubt that the developer has a super-massive black hole as the center of this game.

5 minutes ago, argetlam350 said:

Well the question says universe so I answered for universe, if we are speaking about galaxies, well technically the developer can do as they wish since its a game however astronomers believe that at the center of every GALAXY lies a super-massive black hole. I doubt that the developer has a super-massive black hole as the center of this game.

I know that about super-massive black holes but this is a no man's sky thread.  Talk about the game, not irl. :P

I haven't really followed interviews for no man's sky but I'm pretty sure they said something about how the game will try to steer you towards the center of the galaxy.

8 minutes ago, skullhead51 said:

I know that about super-massive black holes but this is a no man's sky thread.  Talk about the game, not what we think irl.

Fine here I'll answer then:

Whatever the hell the developer wants to be there. You happy now?

likes this

Today Hello Games has released a follow-up video in a series of four short videos showing off different features of No Man's Sky. Last week was Exploring the cosmos of No Man's Sky, this week dives into how you'll fight to survive in this universe. From starship dog fighting, to on the ground first person shooting. Fighting against hostile aliens, or security to stop you from being the hostile alien.

My one negative from this video is that... I wish we saw more or had more explained. No Man's Sky has been a video game hidden by vague words and short unexplained clips. While past videos have explained some of these features I feel with this series of videos leading up to the release should better define all these features. To the majority many people still don't know what No Man's Sky is or what you can do it. Showing a 1 minute video of shooting stuff sure is neat, but you don't show us why you in the video are shooting stuff. What's the reason? I could be picky... 

This has now become ridiculous... ugh...

A company has filed a patent claim against Hello Games and Sony over the engine used in No Man's Sky that generates the universe we see. Now this company is however bankrupt... as in for years... Also they knew about this for a long time... only to wait for the last second so they wouldn't be ignored... Look just release the game.

Once again Hello Games released another short trailer showcasing their series of videos about features in No Man's Sky. Today's video... Trading/Gathering/Hint of item goodies. Now for the continue issue I have with these videos, say it with me: "They are too short, and don't give enough information across in what the feature is. Only just a quick note of, okay I can gather and buy shit." Anyway only one video left in their series of 4 short showcasing clips.

Wonder how long it would be till someone finds another player

1 hour ago, Randomguners42 said:

Wonder how long it would be till someone finds another player

Apparently almost impossible.

Is this game multiplayer only or is there a option to play it offline? I mean I really don't give a shit about meeting other people or having the sensation that somewhere in this huge universe there are other players. I really just wanna play it by myself. Also I play online games a lot and lately I play SP games when my internet turns to shit so no point playing No Man's Sky if it's online only.

13 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Is this game multiplayer only or is there a option to play it offline? I mean I really don't give a shit about meeting other people or having the sensation that somewhere in this huge universe there are other players. I really just wanna play it by myself. Also I play online games a lot and lately I play SP games when my internet turns to shit so no point playing No Man's Sky if it's online only.

In one of Sean Murray's past interviews he states that there will be a version on the game that is single-player offline mode. I know it is in one of the past videos he did when the game was originally announced for it's June release date. How this offline mode will work we don't know.

Apex Spartan likes this

20 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Apparently almost impossible.

There is a option for single player only I think

Apex Spartan likes this

Here we're the finally video in this series of four game features of No Man's Sky. This video is titled "Survive" which showcases the many different hostile environments, creatures, etc. that you can find on planets. Now repeat with me "They don't show enough to explain what is going on in these short videos" there we go, everyone gets a cookie! I mean we learn that there are hostile environments of heat, toxic, radiation, and cold... that's the newest thing we've learned.