• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Quicklerner

One out of ten, predict how good No Man's Sky will be

17 posts in this topic

Ahh...........  I don't think giving a single pre-release out-of-ten rating to a game that I haven't played is very productive.  I have high hopes but I won't jump the gun like this.

Apex Spartan likes this

What would Toufu be like if they made a vegetarian Moussaka flavor? Who the fuck knows, this topic prompts the same answer.

Crazycrab and Quicklerner like this

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Ahh...........  I don't think giving a single pre-release out-of-ten rating to a game that I haven't played is very productive.  I have high hopes but I won't jump the gun like this.

Yea pretty much this. 

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

What would Toufu be like if they made a vegetarian Moussaka flavor? Who the fuck knows, this topic prompts the same answer.

Well he is making a PREDICTION so it's fine. He didn't say the game will have that score.

However OP, instead of just putting one number in the whole thread as your answer, you should try to say why you think it will be a 7. Otherwise people just won't really care.

Quicklerner likes this

7 by Angry Joe (if he does a review for it), 8-9 for all the popular news outlets unless it's a total wreck.

On my scale it looks to be more like a seven simply because there´s a lot of content to explore but there doesn't seem to be an exciting way to experience it.

Quicklerner likes this

I respect all of your opinions. Shit, I hope i'm wrong! 

Still a 7.

My reason for picking 7 is pure gut instinct combined with all of the playable footage and articles I've watched and read thus far. When i hear more about the story, my prediction will likely change. Right now I believe Joe will rate it a 7, but I hope I'm wrong and it's a 10!

Apex Spartan likes this

I am going to say that placing a number on this game will be difficult. Having randomly generated content where the reviewer won't get the same experience means one person could find enjoyment in the first hour while another is slogging twenty hours in and nothing.

You can grade the core mechanics but the overall feel of the game may have radically different reviews.

The problem I think when rating the game will be that it depends on everyones play style and what they like, not everyone will enjoy what it offers because it may not be their thing. I certainly expect the rating to be totally different across the board.

I wouldn't give it a number score but from everything I've read and seen it could possibly be really repetitive and exploration will get stale, but I'm still going to get it cause this is the type of game I can come back to after not having anything else to play.

Eeh a five out of ten...guess I was being optimistic after all. :kappaoj:

After the release, i find it repetitive, and meh, and the rabid fanboys are gonna skin me alive

Quicklerner and like this

I'm getting pretty sick of it to, I hope that they will patch all the stuff they took out back in.  As it stands it wears out It's welcome pretty quickly.

Quicklerner likes this

I really gave it a shot. I'm an old-school grinder so i thought i could hang longer than i did, but after twenty-five hours with that horrible inventory design i'm done--haven't played it in two weeks. I'm probably going to delete it soon to make room on my hard drive.