• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nirvana

When is the last of us 2 coming out?

21 posts in this topic

So a few months ago naughty dog comfirmed their making the last of us 2 and a year before also comfirmed there's going to be a movie for the first one. But the questions that most of the time pops into our heads is when is it coming out, will Ellie find out truth about what happened back in the firefly hq, will there be new zombie that we haven't seen, what new things will they introduce us to, what will the story even be, will it start right after the ending of the first game or will there be a time skip between games? So what do you think is going to happen and what are your predictions for the story?

Fuck video game movies, as for the game let It come out whenever It's ready. :) 

Not sure if this is a subtle hint but at the very end of Uncharted 4 there is a poster in the room that said Last of Us: American Daughters and I think it said 2017 but I will have to go back and check.

Do we really need a movie? It seems as unnecessary as the Ratchet and Clank Movie, which was the game without the game parts.

I mean, I know they could do another story altogether but at the same time these game films seem to play it safe a lot and keep it too similar to the game (except ResiEvil, but those films quickly degrade in quality so what can you do?)

1 hour ago, SgtMerrick said:

Do we really need a movie? It seems as unnecessary as the Ratchet and Clank Movie, which was the game without the game parts.

This, I do wish the movie industry would stop with sequels and movie/game adaptations and do more original things.

14 hours ago, SgtMerrick said:

I mean, I know they could do another story altogether but at the same time these game films seem to play it safe a lot and keep it too similar to the game (except ResiEvil, but those films quickly degrade in quality so what can you do?)

12 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

This, I do wish the movie industry would stop with sequels and movie/game adaptations and do more original things.

I agree but there's some of us out there that want this to become to happen like what would it look like if it was a movie what would be the difference?

14 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

I agree but there's some of us out there that want this to become to happen like what would it look like if it was a movie what would be the difference?

Morbid curiousity? Want to see exactly HOW they will fuck It up? Sorry If I come off as a cynic but when It comes to Video Game Movies they don't have a stellar record, so I think It's justified.

I don't understand why GAMERS of all people would push for this? For example Warcraft, I've read THOUSANDS of comments '' I'd throw money to see Arthas' story from WC3 in a movie or Illidan or whatever'' WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!? You have the fucking game, just launch It and PLAY IT. Chances are they are going to UTTERLY KILL IT, like Warcraft: The Beginning, they will fuck It beyond recognition, Is that what you want your money to go to? This jumping from Entertainment Medium to another Is bullshit, the Warcraft Movie ensured that I will never again see a Video Game adaptation.

22 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Morbid curiousity? Want to see exactly HOW they will fuck It up? Sorry If I come off as a cynic but when It comes to Video Game Movies they don't have a stellar record, so I think It's justified.

I don't understand why GAMERS of all people would push for this? For example Warcraft, I've read THOUSANDS of comments '' I'd throw money to see Arthas' story from WC3 in a movie or Illidan or whatever'' WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!? You have the fucking game, just launch It and PLAY IT. Chances are they are going to UTTERLY KILL IT, like Warcraft: The Beginning, they will fuck It beyond recognition, Is that what you want your money to go to? This jumping from Entertainment Medium to another Is bullshit, the Warcraft Movie ensured that I will never again see a Video Game adaptation.

Aw come on the Warcraft movie was at least better and made more money at the bo than any video game shit we had gotten in the past remember when superhero movies used to be shit u would be saying the same thing to me if it was 14 years ago now look at them now. Besides I wouldn't be able to play any of those because of those games because I don't have a good pc that can run it and even if I did had a console or a high quality pic it would just boring after I beat the game 10 times over and I would just be wondering why cant we have something new no I'm not talking about Warcraft I'm talking about mainstream games in general. I'd rather watch it in theaters where I can enjoy a good video game movie because of the blind idiots who defend terrible games and the people who easily get people to pay overpriced dlc and preorders.

Hey, I will gladly admit that I really enjoyed the Prince of Persia movie...and both Tomb Raiders honestly, although the first one was slightly better.

But, I also enjoy the 1998 Godzilla movie, so I'm clearly not right in the head. :D

edit*

Oh, and I think or hope there will be a time skip and we will be playing as an adult Ellie finding out the truth about what happened and trying to rebuild the Fireflies.

I'd hope so. It seems like a natural progression for the series to take.

Though it also might be interesting if it was more of an anthology series as well, taking a look at different places in the world

I'm just waiting for the crossover with Marvel once they say "fuck it" and release a Last of Us fighting game.

Side note: If Warcraft has taught me anything - it's that video game movies CAN be good, it just takes a lot of money and effort.

23 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Aw come on the Warcraft movie was at least better and made more money at the bo than any video game shit

Who cares how much money It made? It's garbage, and Superhero Movies ( ComicBook Adaptations ) and Video Game Adaptations aren't the same thing. And besides the most recent Comic Book Movies ( Civil War and BvS ) both sucked, I'm hyped for Suicide Squad but they ruined a potentially awesome Joker with his look, he looks absolutely horrible, can't say If Leto will be good or not, but can definately say It's the worst Joker I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Ranisel said:

Who cares how much money It made? It's garbage, and Superhero Movies ( ComicBook Adaptations ) and Video Game Adaptations aren't the same thing. And besides the most recent Comic Book Movies ( Civil War and BvS ) both sucked, I'm hyped for Suicide Squad but they ruined a potentially awesome Joker with his look, he looks absolutely horrible, can't say If Leto will be good or not, but can definately say It's the worst Joker I've ever seen. 

It wasn't garbage Warcraft has its problems like the pacing and the ending was stupid but it wasn't downright terrible it was better than the other video game movies that we had in the past. But Warcraft deserves another chance they left things unresolved so sequel will be better so sure. What? I love civil war how was it bad was it because it wasn't 100% accurate to the comic if that's the reason the comic was shit this one was better or was it because of Spider-Man I agree I did not like the actor but one character in the movie doesn't make the movie terrible unless it's jar jar binks.

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

It wasn't garbage Warcraft has its problems like the pacing and the ending was stupid but it wasn't downright terrible it was better than the other video game movies that we had in the past. But Warcraft deserves another chance they left things unresolved so sequel will be better so sure. What? I love civil war how was it bad was it because it wasn't 100% accurate to the comic if that's the reason the comic was shit this one was better or was it because of Spider-Man I agree I did not like the actor but one character in the movie doesn't make the movie terrible unless it's jar jar binks.

- Here's a link to a topic with my thoughts on the movie, as for Civil War my problem with the movie wasn't how accurate It was to the comics or whatever, but It's the same problem as with BvS, the supposed clash of heroes with different ideologies aspect ( Which is the most important ) FAILED, Captain America is OBVIOUSLY RIGHT, and It was evident from LITERALLY the first 5 minutes of the movie. Scarlet Witch stopped the explosion and tried to lift him OUT of the MARKET CROWDED WITH PEOPLE, oooh nooo some people died while they were apprehending TERRORISTS STEALING A CHEMICAL WEAPON, HOW MUCH PEOPLE WOULD DIE IF IT WEREN'T FOR THEM? 

And that footage '' You guys are dangerous bla bla '' that was also ruined, he was literally showing footage of THEM SAVING THE WORLD AGAINST ALL ODDS, like literally SAVING THE HUMAN SPECIES, what is excepted of them? To not let a SIGNLE life be lost in such a grand battle?

Not to mention team Iron Man who were like opposed to all the destruction and stuff LITERALLY ENGAGED IN AN ALL OUT WAR against Team Cap AT AN AIRPORT, yeah no desutrction or death there, right?!

The movie shouldn't have had this boring villain with questionable motives and an eye-brow raising methods of executing his plan to turn them against eachother. It would have had way more impact if It came naturally, not while apprehending Terrorists or saving the Human Species, but something more trivial and they got cocky or something happened and resulted in them killing people and causing a lot of property damage. The Winter Soldier aspect was boring as well, he doesn't even talk, sure you could write that off because of the brain washing he just doesn't know what to say but that makes him BORING, but HE could have saved it, I think what happened to him can raise some interesting questions and really devide the people watching the movie, should he answer for what he did envetho he was in a way forced to do It? 

However Civil War was definately better than BvS, but it was still lackluster at best.

Nirvana likes this

I heard it "could be labeled a different name" if another company buys it they'll probably f it up lol but we'll always have the original, and backwards capability is a GIFT FROM GOD lol:D

2 hours ago, Nickboss99 said:

I heard it "could be labeled a different name" if another company buys it they'll probably f it up lol but we'll always have the original, and backwards capability is a GIFT FROM GOD lol:D

What the bloody hell are you talking about?  Firstly the PS4 is not backwards compatible.  Secondly there was a version released for PS4 so backwards compatibility isn't exactly an issue. Thirdly and far more relevantly Naughty Dog have been a commercially and critically successful first party developer for Sony since 2001.  The odds of Sony selling the company now are about the same as finding a Stewardess who had not put on makeup in the same length of time...... In other words ZERO!

and Nirvana like this

sorry i didnt read 50 articles on it, just thought i comment on a game id like to see................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. i thought you were a cool guy mr crabs,what happend bro? ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

On July 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Nickboss99 said:

sorry i didnt read 50 articles on it, just thought i comment on a game id like to see................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. i thought you were a cool guy mr crabs,what happend bro? ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

To be honest I didn't know what u were talking about

The trailer came out a month ago so hopefully the game will come out within a few years.

2018 would mean five years since the first game came out, and Ellie will 19 years old, 5 years older, in this second game. Doubt that's a coincidence.

Nirvana likes this

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

2018 would mean five years since the first game came out, and Ellie will 19 years old, 5 years older, in this second game. Doubt that's a coincidence.

Ya that makes a lot of sense.