• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Prey (2017). Hell. Yes.

10 posts in this topic

I played 3 hours of this game's demo on PS4, and I fucking love it. What a great way to make me want to buy the game: just let you play through the first sections of the game, and then stop the story progression with a plot twist that makes you want to buy the game. Brilliant!

So how does this game play? It's like System Shock more than Bioshock and Deus Ex Human Revolution, if that makes any sense because Bioshock and Deus Ex Human Revolution is heavily inspired by System Shock. But this is as close as a System Shock prequel game that we can get. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if it turns out that this game is actually a prequel to System Shock and you'll see SHODAN before she got fucked up like in the first System Shock because your main character in that game fucks everything up!

This game is an fps rpg hybrid where your stats and how you play the game is entirely dependent on you, and it has a lot of emphasis on rpg and inventory management like System Shock, with manual healing and limited ammo, at least in the early stages. And it has a cool "recycling" system where you are able to pick up garbage, literal "paper and banana peel" garbage, and put them into a recycler machine to give you different materials. These materials can then be used to build stuff as long as you have the blueprints for them. Want to make a new shotgun? Just recycle paper, baseball glove and other junks, and then use those materials. Man, this thing can solve the garbage problem in my home country. Just look at this garbage pile.

o-INDONESIATRASH-900.jpg?6

Need recycler machine immediately!

The Gloo Cannon in this game is the exception to limited ammo, because it has a lot of ammo for it everywhere.

This gun is pretty weird to use. It's like a foam gun which allows you to either create a wall, or self made platforms ala minecraft which will help in platforming, and it can stop enemy movements. Using this thing with a PS4 controller is tricky because enemies move so fast, but this thing will be great to use on PC. 

Oh, speaking of the PC version, I bought it on PC, and did they learn from the Godawful port of Dishonored 2? Oh hell freaking yes! Unlike that game, this is a great port. Smooth performance and it runs on 60 fps. Just the way I like it. 

If you're a fan of games like Bioshock, System Shock or Deus Ex, then this game is right up your alley. I played 3 hours of the demo, and I haven't even receive the cool power that lets you use the abilities of the aliens, like being able to turn into innanimate objects

Excuse me while I play the everlasting crap out of this game. 

Hey Kaz, how many hours have you plugged into the game? For us here in the US, the game won't release for another hour. Do you guys in Australia get it early?

11 hours ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

Hey Kaz, how many hours have you plugged into the game? For us here in the US, the game won't release for another hour. Do you guys in Australia get it early?

The game is already out since 14 hours ago, and because it was 1 am when the game was installed, I played for a few minutes before going to bed. Now I'm awake! 

It's pretty much like the demo since the demo is just this game's first 2 hours, so I haven't got the alien ability yet. It's pretty cool that now that I have played the demo, I can see the real deal behind the first few hours of the game. I can see suspicious skidmarks on the floor when I use the elevator and it's the same one in each floor. lol. And of course now I know the number of that safe box in the beginning of the game, 5150, so I opened it and take the exotic material, chipset and psy hypo with me. 

Now I always whack everything I see to give mimics a hard time. That suspicious looking chair? Mimic. That crumpled paper? Mimic. That coffee cup? Oh you bet your ass that's a mimic!  

The songs are changed for the better now. In the demo, whenever the mimic shows up, it'll always have these loud music. Now it's a more subtle "horror" type song that keeps you guessing and on the edge the whole time.

And as you might expect, playing on PC is a lot better than on PS4. Now hitting those annoying mimics is easier and the game runs on 60 fps smoothly, just like MGS V Phantom Pain's port: byoutiful.

Update: now I've played past the point in the demo. New enemy types that annoys the shit out of me are there, like the infected machines that fires flamethrower at you, and you can go outside the space station so it's all 0 gravity. And you can go everywhere you want to, but currently since enemies around are tough as hell, it's not recommended until you get better and more badass weapons to use. 

And even though I have been given the option to upgrade myself to allow me using the aliens' abilities, I refuse to do so. I have a feeling that this game will have a different ending depending on the amount of alien skills I'm using, and I bet if I use the alien ability, I'll get screwed. So I'm gonna remain normal thank you very much. 

Anyone played on PC yet?

Want to know as the last Arkane game on PC was .... ungood. (Eventually bought Dishonored 2 on PS4 instead I had heard so many bad things about the PC port.)

15 hours ago, Winnum said:

Anyone played on PC yet?

Want to know as the last Arkane game on PC was .... ungood. (Eventually bought Dishonored 2 on PS4 instead I had heard so many bad things about the PC port.)

On 5/5/2017 at 3:10 AM, Kaz32 said:

Oh, speaking of the PC version, I bought it on PC, and did they learn from the Godawful port of Dishonored 2? Oh hell freaking yes! Unlike that game, this is a great port. Smooth performance and it runs on 60 fps. Just the way I like it. 

I'm playing this game on PC. Thank God it's actually a great port. Like Phantom Pain great port with no sudden fps drop or low textures like Dishonored 2 had. Main reason is because Prey uses the Cryengine, not that "Void" engine or whatever Dishonored 2 had which runs like crap before the patches fixed it.

Been enjoying the game but god damn are the bugs a real let down. I have encountered a game breaking bug that I had to go back to an early save and try to reload a few times in the hope that it would stop bugging a key card into the game world. Spent a few hours trying to just because I had played thirteen hours up to that point. Fell through the game world a few times myself. It is especially noticeable when you are in zero-g. For some reason the game has a number of spots that will suck you into walls. Then of course the rampant audio issues. 

The story telling, world building all are great. Enemy variety, when the ai is working is great. Still have to beat the game, had a joke ending where Morgan is like Fuck I am out! So I am hoping that everything comes together.

Really enjoying it so far. Haven't had any bugs yet like Wade said except for a moment where weapons weren't loading when I switched between them correctly. My only real negatives is the somewhat inappropriate music that plays at times seemingly more designed to annoy you and the game really really tries as hard as it can to give away its ending (even though the opening does make it fairly obvious they didn't need to go as far as they do).

11 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Really enjoying it so far. Haven't had any bugs yet like Wade said except for a moment where weapons weren't loading when I switched between them correctly. My only real negatives is the somewhat inappropriate music that plays at times seemingly more designed to annoy you and the game really really tries as hard as it can to give away its ending (even though the opening does make it fairly obvious they didn't need to go as far as they do).

Legolas, there is a part in the game where you will be asked to get a key card around a body that is on fire. Be careful when putting the fire out. This area is very glitchy and you could cause the body and key card to get sucked into the game world. There is no other way to get into this room for the story to progress. So be careful!

Legolas_Katarn likes this

On 5/10/2017 at 4:44 PM, Wade D McGinnis said:

Been enjoying the game but god damn are the bugs a real let down. I have encountered a game breaking bug that I had to go back to an early save and try to reload a few times in the hope that it would stop bugging a key card into the game world. Spent a few hours trying to just because I had played thirteen hours up to that point. Fell through the game world a few times myself. It is especially noticeable when you are in zero-g. For some reason the game has a number of spots that will suck you into walls. Then of course the rampant audio issues. 

The story telling, world building all are great. Enemy variety, when the ai is working is great. Still have to beat the game, had a joke ending where Morgan is like Fuck I am out! So I am hoping that everything comes together.

Ah yes, that dumb audiolog bug. Happened with me 2 times. The way to fix it is to stop the recording from the audio archive menu, and then go back. It'll stop repeating itself afterwards.

Luckily for me, I finished the game and haven't experienced a game breaking bug at all. Only that audio bug and 2 times where I transition from 0 gravity to normal gravity and it went apeshit, even one time I fell through the walls doing it. That happens in the cargo hold. 

Wade D McGinnis likes this

30 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

Ah yes, that dumb audiolog bug. Happened with me 2 times. The way to fix it is to stop the recording from the audio archive menu, and then go back. It'll stop repeating itself afterwards.

Luckily for me, I haven't experienced a game breaking bug at all. Only that audio bug and 2 times where I transition from 0 gravity to normal gravity and it went apeshit, even one time I fell through the walls doing it. That happens in the cargo hold. 

I have had four major crashes and two game breaking bugs thus far. I am enjoying the game but damn the bugs. I am hoping the hot fix we saw today will correct these issues.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticSneakyAlmondPupper