• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Raiveris

What kind of role you play in multiplayer FPS games?

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a:

• Soldier?
    • Silent Hunter?
    • Heavy Metal Guy?
    • Support?
    • Commander?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

91 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I thought i would make a Poll, just for fun! I wanted to see what peoples roles are in multiplayer FPS games. Everyone in every FPS game are diffrent, depending how we play it. Sooner or later we see that some of roles are suited for us and that allows us to win matches. Sometimes our role in game is the mirror of real life. What we do in game, we do same in life jsut in diffrent form :D.

Below where are roles and a bit  of my description:

Soldier -  Front man in game. Loves shoot-n-nading and is effective at killing enemies quickly. If he sees that the team is losing and morale is dropping, he will do everyting to win, no matter if he dies first. Soldier only listens to strong and reliable commender who knows waht he want and how to win. Soldiers' equipment is simple : Assault Rifle, Grenades and Pistol.

Silent Hunter - Hard to see , Hard to kill, thats the life of Silent Hunter. He is always hiding and taking best spots to take out his enemy from afar. Silent Hunter is teams radar which can see everyone in battlefield. He is always calm and dont like rush things, instead he will stay still and quietl util he shoots someone.

Heavy Metal Guy -This guy is tough deal. He prefers sitting in machines, like tanks or planes. Team memebers knows that he is a wall on the battlfield.  Heavy Metal Guy loves explosions, he even wouldnt live without them. Also, he hates when his Metal is destroyed. Heavy Metal Guys equipemnt: granades, C4, mortar and assautl file.

Support - Loving to help team as much as possible. He is fearless when bullets fly around him, if he sees that team member is in trouble he will always help him. Support gives covering fire for team to let them advance, destroys vehicles, heals team or give an ammunition. Support is the one who can handle variuos situations on the field. Supports' equipment: Heavy machine gun, RPG, medic or ammunition bag, granades.

Commander - Now this is real deal. Commander is always on the front line, event in front of soldier. Commander have such unique skill that can inspire his team and make change in winning. He is always talkative, have high scores in scoreboard, and loves to give orders. He knows how to win because he is always having a strategy in his mind. Commander knows that team trusts him, and if he fails the team will still be happy about his decisions.

Silent Hunter most of the time.

Sometimes I'm support.

Oh no, not you again!?

Heavy Metal! MBT Division 1 on Battlefield 4.

Oh no, not you again!?

IT'S YOU!!!!

Obey Corporate!!!

6593663930a0aab9bfe651558e41908013579697

On Topic:

@Raiveris  What is your role in multiplayer-FPS games?

I love sneaking around in games, and being a pain in the arse, so i think that the answer is obvious. One of my favorite things to do in ns2 is to make people freak out by making constant, but harmless, attacks from a place where they cannot find me. The actual attacks do nothing, but hey start going crazy and shooting at everything, not to mention that they waste tons of time

I'll have to classify myself a sa soldier. Ocassionally i also take on the role as a silent hunter!

I like support, being part of a team, not just run and gun like an idiot in cod.

I vary from being a commander to being a soldier. I love to take the role as a leader and give out orders. I do it alot in battlefield 4 and I do whatever it takes to win a game. Especially now with many players who just rush blindly towards the enemy instead of flanking, or using engineers to stop tanks. I also love to be leading groups and squads.

I'm a mix of primarily soldier and support, as I'm soldier and medic as the assault class in Battlefield, with a bit of 'heavy metal' thrown in when using tanks or, preferably, piloting an attack heli and supporting the team from there. :)

I always pick Support in shooters. Help the team, drop ammo, play medic. And when the going gets tough, the Support starts shooting everyone in the face! I also love the role because of the flexibilty it provides, being offensive or defensive.

Most popular roles are now sldier and silnet hunter and support :D. Not many as i cna see loves to be commander :D

I usually play support because I am not a very accurate shot but I love to help out other players that are.  If you are kicking ass and running low on ammo and see me on the field chances are I will be running your way to drop you some ammo and then I try to lay support fire while you finish them off.  I also play the objective of the game and not worry about how many kills I get.

Id be commander. Ive been calling strats in cs for my diff teams

A 50/50 between Soldier and Silent Hunter. In Planetside 2, which I've recently DLed and tried, I always switch between the two Assault classes, while on BF3, my main class was Recon. I just loved playing with the L96.

Commander if I'm good at the game, at least I know the theory. That way I may not be a sharp shooter, but can sit behind the front line and issue orders. Not many games offer you that opportunity though.

Otherwise soldier or support. Frankly, anything that helps the team in any given time. Almost never a silent hunter though, save for spy in TF2 (good ol' TF2, sigh)

Mostly Support, sometimes Soldier. And when i rush, i keep a shotgun ready. I'm far more effective with a shotgun than a machinegun. -Depending on how open the battlefield is of course. I have no problems in offering the rest of the medpack for a teammate.

if by "heavy metal guy" you mean the heavy-armored-big-gun-wielding-boom-bam-charge-up-in-that-bitch-guy then that's totally me

I'm the tank!

Badguy292 likes this

Whatever role I think needs filling.

I'm flexible and adapt to the needs to the match.... Or at leat I belive I do.

if by "heavy metal guy" you mean the heavy-armored-big-gun-wielding-boom-bam-charge-up-in-that-bitch-guy then that's totally me

I'm the tank!

Your avatar say it all :DD

Badguy292 likes this