• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DeathToRebels

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer **[Ineligible, no clan/guild support, Age]**

30 posts in this topic

I believe that AJSA should have a few teams running in ME3 multiplayer. There are several reasons for this.

The Pros

• It is a game based off of teamwork. While one person may be able to work ok on his own, when he has his team helping him he is unstoppable.
  • There is a class for everyone. From tanks to scouts, healers to DPS, everything is covered. There is even an archer. A future archer with a wrist bow.
  • The Multiplayer DLC is free across all platforms. No one is excluded because they cant get the latest DLC, its all free and fairly quick to download.
  • Randomized item packs make getting new characters, weapons, and gear a fun sort of gamble. When starting out you get a random character from the latest DLC and one random ultra-rare level weapon
  • Intuitive controls [on x-box/ps3 at least (never had the pleasure to play on pc)]. The controls are mostly fluid [save for the magnetic butt syndrome (see cons)] with powers being assigned to bumpers/L1R1 and Y/triangle. 
  • Level up system that is brought straight from the campaign. Easy to use, hard to chose. Multiple evolution options after rank 3 in each power/passive. Utilises point based system, cant max out every tree without glitches.
  • Multiple levels of difficulty, 19 maps ( six with hazards), 4 enemy armies ( fight three at once on Platinum difficulty), Dozens of characters and scores of weapons.
  • Takes some tactics to finish on higher difficulties. Run and gun only works for a few characters, most require some level of forethought to each engagement.

​Now this is just a few of the things that I personally love about ME3's multiplayer. However, every good game has its faults.

The Cons

• EA. What more needs to be said. They are constantly messing with AI difficulty on the harder levels, adjusting spawn rates for boss level foes so they appear more often on one day and less often the next. Also, though I think this one is just do to the games popularity, the servers can be glitchy, most notably if one has a lobby open for more than 10-15 minutes with no one joining the party/starting the match. This glitch may include the following: invisible team members, bullets that heal the enemy, invisible enemies ( they can still hurt you and you them but it does not show you), sever lag, spontaneously dropping through the map, multiple copies of your teammates, or 30 minutes of loading up the match. These glitches can/will stack, especialy if lobby is left for upwards of 30 minutes or if long breaks between matches are common.
  • The Magnetic Butt Syndrome. When Bioware made the original game, they didnt have an auto cover feature implemented, at least not a consistent one. In the game the control that makes you sprint is also the control to take cover. Also, while sprinting, your character will want to take cover if he/she so much as brushes a valid cover spot ( which is most of the terrain). It can get quite annoying, especially if you are running to help your team or to get away from a boss level opponent. 
  • Random Characters/Weapons. While this does add some fun to the game by adding a "everyone has an equal chance to get certain characters/weapons" it can get tedious. It can take weeks to months getting a specific character that you have been wanting to try. Same goes for weapons.
  • Max team size of 4. This makes a large scale group hard to keep cohesive as you will have to use the party chat and having multiple games running at once on the same party chat can get confusing as to who is talking to who.

I am sure that there are more cons but right now I cannot think of any and these are the most common that I have seen complained about online. So if anyone would like to help start up a Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer branch of the Angry Army, Help make it a reality, vote for this front to begin. Help save the Galaxy. (playing Campaign is not required but will provide context to many of the classes, weapons, enemies, and locations)

Also, If anyone is on X-Box live and wants to play some right now, my gamertag is also DeathToRebels. I'm always happy to play with new people. (PM me if you wish to game with me)

Meh its too expensive for how old it is. I don't think there is much to it when it comes to MP as the ME was always about the SP and its story.(whitch ended in ME 1 :angry:  )

It is only $20 for X-Box, so it isnt that expensive, and so far as people playing SP more than MP, that trend ended with the sucky endings that bioware gave us. More people play MP than SP when it comes to ME3. Also the MP is very refined for being the first iteration in the Mass Effect universe. Save for the Cons I listed above

In terms of the credit system? I find that to be neutral, but everyone has their own opinions. It can get annoying, i will grant you that.

In terms of the credit system? I find that to be neutral, but everyone has their own opinions. It can get annoying, i will grant you that.

more along the lines of the fact that you can buy packs using real money, at least last time I played you could

and thats part of why they made it so tedious to make it more likely youll want to buy packs

That function was taken out with the most recent update to the X-Box. I am unsure if it is still a posibility to buy packs with real currency on PC and PS3.

ahhh I was unaware of this thank you, ill have to look into it, its been a while

No problem, i know that a lot of people where glad that the option is gone. They had spent to much of their cash on reinforcement packs.

I'd be willing to play online again, it's been a while since i played.

Ooooh guys I'd play this game with the great army.

I played a lot with this and maxed out everything but some rare weapons to 10. And would still love it, just my friends don't play it any more.

this multiplayer is a bit fun just got back into it, love how they've added lots of new playable aliens, have notice a lot of lag though.

I love the ME3 multiplayer, and would definitely go for this.  If not now, since ME3 is kinda old, the next ME if it has MP would be great.

It isn't all that old. Also lots of people are just now getting it do to the release of the Mass Effect Trilogy pack. All three games for $40.

I'd vote for this but what platform would most of us use? I can only get it on the PS3

Hmm interesting to say the least as I had to start over again I have found this game to be tedious however with interesting people this game can be fun. So i suppose it would be a nice addition to list.

On the Xbox front there are a lot of new players. Not sure about PS and PC but interest in Mass Effect on XBL is so high that it lags the servers.

Yes!! Live stream the matches!! Also we could do videos on our favorite builds for each class.

I Do Love this game and used to play it on my PS3 all the time! it would be really cool to get a AJSA party going! :)