• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

xSomeGamer

Fallout 4 possibility?

228 posts in this topic

I don't think the idea of him being a veteran wastelander makes a whole lot of sense. In Fallout, you start out as deathclaw food and slowly become a demigod. Having a dude who was already a veteran wastelander doesn't make sense. 

I know it's a different series, but the Dragonborn was just some random dude/gal who got the name after the whole prophecy thing with the Greybeards. Hell, even within the same series, the Lone Wanderer doesn't get their nickname until Three Dog starts using it. My theory is that the character in Fallout 4 will sort of acquire the name once people start to realize what a supreme badass the character is, and how adept they are at surviving in the most insane circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a different series, but the Dragonborn was just some random dude/gal who got the name after the whole prophecy thing with the Greybeards. Hell, even within the same series, the Lone Wanderer doesn't get their nickname until Three Dog starts using it. My theory is that the character in Fallout 4 will sort of acquire the name once people start to realize what a supreme badass the character is, and how adept they are at surviving in the most insane circumstances.

Okay. I can see that happening. Different from how in New Vegas you were called the Courier cause your job was being a courier. But that begs the question, what would your characters backstory be? Are the vaults involved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I can see that happening. Different from how in New Vegas you were called the Courier cause your job was being a courier. But that begs the question, what would your characters backstory be? Are the vaults involved?

I'd prefer it if your character didn't have any real back story to speak of, kind of like New Vegas. That way, you could kind of roleplay a little more than you could in Fallout 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind a back story, I would love it if you grew up in a city or small town in the new region and could even have relatives that actually still live there.. can go talk to ect.

Could give you a home base straight from the start, storing stuff in your moms house. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is most likely going to be set in boston. i suggest the home town being providence, rhode island. providence is about an hour away from boston by car. would make it cool to make that journey on foot. Landmarks I want to see.

 

Fenway Park

Gilette Stadium

Logan Airport

Boston Harbor

MIT

Boston College

The Big Dig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is most likely going to be set in boston. i suggest the home town being providence, rhode island. providence is about an hour away from boston by car. would make it cool to make that journey on foot. Landmarks I want to see.

 

Fenway Park

Gilette Stadium

Logan Airport

Boston Harbor

MIT

Boston College

The Big Dig

What do you think of the Idea of actually having a family at the start?, like you mom and dad, maybe a sibling or two. As I said it gives you a place to store your items straight from the beginning so you'll be heading back there quite often, maybe involve them in the story, try to build some level of attachment to them?,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think of the Idea of actually having a family at the start?, like you mom and dad, maybe a sibling or two. As I said it gives you a place to store your items straight from the beginning so you'll be heading back there quite often, maybe involve them in the story, try to build some level of attachment to them?,

I think that that forces you to hard. you should have more freedom than that in a fallout game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree. I think it would be a great relief to have somewhere to store gear. As for the family aspect, family needs to have a significant part in the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The countdown website thesurvivor2299.com has added a new timer saying "Nuclear Winter is coming in" that ends December 1st. The Morse code message has also changed to say "Bridgeport this is Concord -Message- Quabbin is hit - I repeat - Quabbin is hit"
Quabbin Reservoir is a res around the middle of Massachusetts; a fair distance from Boston. If this is a location in the game, along with Boston then that means Fallout 4's map might cover about half of Massachusetts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be awesome. I have been hoping for a new fallout for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF THIS IS FUCKING FAKE I WILL CUT SOMEONES BALLS OFF AND FEED IT TO THEM OUT OF RAGE!!! (calmed down) Ok with this im going to be a little skeptic but im also having high hopes. I say a 75% chance its real. but that also leaves a 25% chance its not so :/

NecroSlayer17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be awesome. I have been hoping for a new fallout for a while. 

Me too! I just really hope this isn't a clever trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF THIS IS FUCKING FAKE I WILL CUT SOMEONES BALLS OFF AND FEED IT TO THEM OUT OF RAGE!!! (calmed down) Ok with this im going to be a little skeptic but im also having high hopes. I say a 75% chance its real. but that also leaves a 25% chance its not so :/

It's alright to be skeptical. Let's just pray to the lord and savior Todd Howard that this is for realzies.

CaptainKickass69 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I started my adventure in Skyrim, after completing my first dungeon, I had quiet some Fallout 3 flashbacks and I was like... now that was a good game which gave me a good time! Quiet an epic adventure I had there :D I can't wait to start a new adventure in Fallout 4! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it is going to other states in new england as well. Connecticut, Rhode Island, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh, Fallout 3 was my most favoritest game evars. I played the living Hell out of it (500 + hours). If this is real ( which I pray it is, that vault-tec symbol bodes well), then my soul will forever be lost amidst the amazingness that is Bethesda's Fallout (not dissing Interplay's, those are amazing in their own respect!)

NecroSlayer17 and Knighthawk23 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope my PC can run it haha xD

I dont know if its real or not, but i hope it is! I'd like it to be huge! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am literally praying for this game right now, I hope the hype if true.

Knighthawk23 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Morse code on the website has changed again. The message now says "NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEANS STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTO-"

BrennenDieHerzen likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Morse code on the website has changed again. The message now says "NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEANS STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTO-"

Another poke at the Massachusetts area, keep the updates coming, if you would!

NecroSlayer17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now