• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Reyas Khaal

When are you upgrading to the Next Gen?

When are you upgrading to Next Gen?   240 members have voted

1. 1. When are you upgrading to get a PS4 or Xbox One?

• On Release Day
    • When I get the money
    • Until I am forced to buy a Next Gen, due to no games being made for this gen
    • When I feel like it #LikeABoss
    • I won't upgrade

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

With how my money goes I doubt I get anything until I get a tax return >.> much to my sadness.

I'll probably get a PS4, when a truely amazing game is released for it.  Killzone: Shadow Fall looks alright, but I am hoping that Infamous: Second Son is going to be PS4's must play game. I absolutely loved Infamous and Infamous 2, and hoping Sucker Punch make another fantastic entry.

I voted 'When I Feel Like It' for a few reasons. 

1) I don't have the money for next gen stuff. I'm going to wait until the prices go down a bit; then I'll work on a plan to buy.

2) I don't think it's good to buy it when it first comes out since there are bound to be glaring hardware glitches. Waiting a little while gives you a better chance of not having to deal with those glitches because they will have been fixed by the company.

3) When consoles first come out, the game selection isn't that big. Most of the games that are advertised for the next generation platforms won't even be out for another year or so... and those are the games I really want to get the console for. Why not wait until then? Reasons 1 and 2 might be fulfilled just by following #3.  ;)

I'm getting a PS4 first but not straight away due to all the hardware problems I've been hearing about. I'm waiting until January because that is when they release a new batch of consoles and hopefully have the problem fixed :D

I will upgrade... when gamestop will get more grrr! >.<" 

I'm getting a PS4 first but not straight away due to all the hardware problems I've been hearing about. I'm waiting until January because that is when they release a new batch of consoles and hopefully have the problem fixed :D

I think the people who has had problems are just very vocal about it. As far as I've read the failure rate seems to be under one percent and that's pretty good for any type of hardware launch. I totally get your concern, and it doesn't hurt to wait a few months.

I think the people who has had problems are just very vocal about it. As far as I've read the failure rate seems to be under one percent and that's pretty good for any type of hardware launch. I totally get your concern, and it doesn't hurt to wait a few months.

That is impressive, but yeah waiting a few months just in case and gives me time to finish with my other games before I hop on over and play the next gen games :D

Going to wait a year untill I upgrade to PS4. I want Sony to fix issues like BLoD before I spent my money a €399 console.

Christmas.  I passed up on Assassin's Creed 4 when it came out specifically so it could be the first game I bought for next gen. :D

Have had an xbox since the first one came, and have had every xbox since then.
But now im switching to PS4(XBOX CAN GO(some very bad words)), ill get one when i can afford it, but i do wish i could afford one now...

I will probably wait at least a year to buy the next gen. After there are a few more titles out there to choose from and they have fixed any hardware issues and stuff  ;)

I will buy next gen console at least after year

when problems will be reveald and solved

Im absolutly shure ther will be atleast few

When I'm done with my PS3, which probably won't be for at least a year.  :P

I'll probably get a ps4 when Metal Gear Solid 5 the phantom pain and ground zero is released.

I like it!  :D

That is impressive, but yeah waiting a few months just in case and gives me time to finish with my other games before I hop on over and play the next gen games :D

That's the thing right? Many of us tend to forget that we often have a ton of games on our shelves, digital or not, that simply is begging us to play them. And from what I've read and seen of the consoles right now, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal waiting a few months. The consoles themselves seem totally fine. It's just that the lack of a good number of exclusives makes none of the purchases seem viable for now.

Most people are saying march, and I totally gey why.

That's the thing right? Many of us tend to forget that we often have a ton of games on our shelves, digital or not, that simply is begging us to play them. And from what I've read and seen of the consoles right now, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal waiting a few months. The consoles themselves seem totally fine. It's just that the lack of a good number of exclusives makes none of the purchases seem viable for now.

Most people are saying march, and I totally gey why.

I pretty much see a few months for me a good goal when considering the amount of games to get through and finish games that I have been letting off, I could wait longer because Infamous and other titles for PS4 that interest me a lot will be out or coming out around then in March. Similar to the Wii U when it released, it barely had enough titles on it that made me want to purchase it. But now they have really good exclusives coming out for it or already out for it and I'll probably pick it up when I can. PS4 has a few games on it like Knack, Resogun, Killzone, that make me consider getting it now, but I will wait because I know that what you told me and what I looked up and read that they the systems are fine, just the lack of games or exclusive titles on it. However, a few months while playing all these other games I've got, gives me time to also think, maybe I should wait longer or maybe go for a different system, things like that. ;)

I'm waiting for some games to come out.

I will probably get buy a Wii U for christmas and probably not until July until I get either the Xbox One or PS4. 

When the prices drop enough. I'm not going to pay 530 euros for a device I won't use and for the services I can't use. Also the fact that the X1 will come out next year in here makes me even more annoyed. Probably won't buy either of those, since Titanfall will come out on PC, and X1 doesn't have anything else that would interest me, other than DR3 and Remedy's upcoming game.

When the prices drop enough. I'm not going to pay 530 euros for a device I won't use and for the services I can't use. Also the fact that the X1 will come out next year in here makes me even more annoyed. Probably won't buy either of those, since Titanfall will come out on PC, and X1 doesn't have anything else that would interest me, other than DR3 and Remedy's upcoming game.

Yeah, and knowing Remedy, they might release a PC version of Quantum Break eventually.

I'm going to be saving up for a while, maybe when some bundles arrive and the major launch issues on both systems are resolved.

Got PS$ on release date. Don't have the money for a Xone. .-.

I'll wait to see what's coming out next Christmas so sometime after e3 2014, assuming that there are some good games (Uncharted, The Order, ect.)

I'll wait for the reviews of AJ and when ALL the fail updates are made are repaired, THEN I'll buy the damn thing (also waiting for the price to decreace).