• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Reyas Khaal

When are you upgrading to the Next Gen?

When are you upgrading to Next Gen?   240 members have voted

1. 1. When are you upgrading to get a PS4 or Xbox One?

• On Release Day
    • When I get the money
    • Until I am forced to buy a Next Gen, due to no games being made for this gen
    • When I feel like it #LikeABoss
    • I won't upgrade

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

I will probably wait until at least x-mas until I decide. I was a Microsoft man last gen (360) but most of my friends play PS3 and are most likely buy PS4 so I will wait to see so I do not have to but both consoles. The only problem is the exclusives. I was very lucky to play most of last gens exclusives on both consoles but I am still deciding, for now.

I guess seeing some graphical comparisons will help but I am also building my first PC rig, so I will see how it goes.

esbegan likes this

on release day itll be a room away till xmas day, Even at 33 they make you wait

First, I want to upgrade my PC.  After that, I'm thinking of nabbing a WiiU in the Spring. If any particular games I want to see come out for the PS4, then I will pick it up. The only two reasons I can come up with for desiring a PS4 in my home is Destiny and The Last Guardian. And to be compeletely honest, I'm not all that stoked about Destiny. The Last Guardian, for all we know, may end up on the PS3. And if it does, I'll see even less of a reason to pick up a PS4. I was excited that Crash might've been bought by Sony to develop as a first party title, but then Activision spoke out saying that they still own the franchise. I haven't bought an Actision-made Crash Bandicoot and I never will.

I'll upgrade to PS4 once it actually has games that I want to play, but until then I care not to get a PS4.

Probably a long time after release, I didn't get a PS3 until this year. But I'll be getting a PS4 anyway. Building a PC right now because Dark Souls 2 comes out in March.

Probably not till next year. Games for Last Gen are still coming out, so I'm fine at the moment and it would allow more next gen games to be released allowing more options on games to choose from when I do upgrade to next gen.

If I didn't recently get a PS3, I reckon I would have pre-ordered the PS4 as soon as I could. As it is though, there are still a bunch of games I want to get that will probably take me well in to next year. When I'm done with them, I'll get a PS4. 

March/April ish.   Gotta pay off the Disney Vacation and 1st of the year bills 1st   :D

In the end I'll get both though. The question for me is more, when to get the first one, and why the first one over the other. While I throughout this thread have said march, on further review I might actually go with waiting even longer and observe the consoles from a distance for a time. Some great games are still coming out for both pc and "old gen", and I seriously need to finish.. like 30 games. I imagine that when I finally get around to having finished all of the games that I want to finish... I'll have saved up for both systems, plus an extra controller for each and like..... five new games or so. Lulz of doom.

I'll upgrade when  game comes out I cant help but want to play immediately.

Untill that time comes there's no reason for me to buy one.

Definately when I get the money...Will be going for PS4.But also to wait for a few more titles and any slight annoying  problems to be resolved. I did the exact  same thing when PS£ was finally Available after its problematic  beginings.

Whenever I get the money needed, soooooo probably within the next ten years TT.TT

I allready have a Wii U, thx ;)

How are you liking it?

Do you feel like lotsa other people that there's a lack of games? Or are you happy with what you have and what's to come in the near future?

a mixture of option 2 and 3.

I'm dirt poor, so i'll be sticking with my 360. 

Plus there's an advantage in waiting for all of the bugs to be fixed.   :)

In like two years, at the least. I just got a pc, crappy one but still, and I want to pour most of my money in getting a better one and using my current one as a web browsing computer. My xbox still works and they will still make games for current gen for a year or two. Plus I have older games to buy.

Gonna wait like till they stop making 360 games and by then we will have seen which console is the best and the price will have gone down as well

Gonna wait like till they stop making 360 games and by then we will have seen which console is the best and the price will have gone down as well

Well sure. But if you want to play with your friends. Aren't you gonna go with the system where your friends are playing and not necessarily the "best" console? Or are you more of a "lone wolf" ? :-)

I'm staying current gen ps3 for at least another year right now. I'm happy with it for a while plus it's gonna be awhile before I can save up the cash.

Probaly next winter or something, I want to give it a year to see if the next-gen have any defective and wait for the fix of that 

When Angry Joe does the PS4 Vs. Xbox One video and tells me which one to buy.