• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Souls Series

123 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of the Souls franchise made by Fromsoft. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 (currently in the beta on PS3 and have to say so far it's great). Wanted to see if there were any other Soul players in the Angry Army. Talk about your favorite moment, or favorite character, or even favorite boss fight.

TheLastVoodooman and Vale like this

I'm a big fan of the series I have demon's and dark souls, very excited for the sequel though I haven't gotten into the beta myself. I play Dark on pc and ps3 and one of my favourite moments was defeating Manus on my first attempt, it felt great c: (and the first time I killed the discharge by making him fall I had to laugh)

Have you played Dragon's Dogma ? It's similar and also from Capcom. Loved the game and can't wait for the 2nd installment in the series; Deep Down, which is going to be on PS4. 

I'll link you both gameplay;

Dragons Dogma : 

Deep Down : 

Especially Deep Down is more like Dark Souls,

I myself haven't played it (YET) but I'm about to get it ;d

I was actually playing Dogma just earlier, I grabbed Dark Arisen for free for being on PSN+ despite already having it on the Xbox, though I wanted to play with some of my friends pawns so I grabbed it here too, which was well timed as I'd upgraded my PS3 HDD from the stock 80GB to a TB, feel free to add me on either though I'll be more active on the PS3 since I just got it there.

Wish I still had the infinite Ferrystone though

I prefer Demon`s Souls over DaS, but they are both really good games.

I've only played Dark Souls seeing as how I don't have PS3, but from what I've heard they're pretty similar. Dark Souls is one of my favorite RPGs, and just games in general. As for my proudest moment, that'd be finally beating O and S on a sl 1 run.

I love both games, but I have to say that I enjoy the medevil feel to demon's souls abit more than dark. I've remade my character in it after I platinumed Dark souls and I'm just really enjoying it again!

I played souls a while back but never finished it. Not because I rage quit but mostly because I was playing with a friend (not co-op, back then I did not have internet) and we were playing through the game together. He got stuck and I sorta got tired of farming souls so I just didnt finish. I had a pyromancer with an ascended ember (or whatver you call that pyromancy glove) and lately I just sorta want to get back into it. Sadly I didn't bring my PS3 to college with me so there isn't much I can do about that.

Edit: Oops! forgot to mention that my favorite moment was probably slaying ornstien and smoug on my own without solairs help, felt pretty good after that boss fight.

Dark Souls looks soooo good though, I really want to play it when it comes out.

Only played DS~

Excited for DS2 coming out for PC :3

Favorite boss fight gotta be Kalameth from AotA

Love the Souls series and I can't wait for Dark Souls 2. Gunna be amazing.

My favorite moment by far happened in Demon's Souls. I was going to farm in 4-1 just after the Adjudicator boss while I was in human form. Just running down that hall, killing the Reaper guy then running back was not enough time to prevent myself from being invaded. I must have been invaded a good 10-15 times in a row before I could finally leave.

I love the souls games even though I only own Dark Souls on PC.

Have to say my favorite moment would have to be when I faced the centipede demon and all it did was jump into the air then fall back down made the boss easy as anything.

Most memorable boss for me though would have to be either Artorias or Sif just because of the background behind each of them.

The souls games are amazing I've beaten both Demon's and Dark and can't wait for the new beta this Sunday

Yeah I've just started Dragon's Dogma, since it was free on PS+ this week. Fun but I find it more comparable to Dragon Age series combat wise, but definitely can be just as challenging as the Souls game on the hard difficulty.

As for me I prefer Dark Souls a bit more then Demon's Souls, I don't know I found Demon's Souls easier but then again I started with Dark Souls so by the time I played Demon's Souls, I all ready had the experience of that game under my belt. In any case though I like one over the other, they are both fun.

Can't wait for this Sunday either, Dark Souls 2 beta was a blast with the other two tests. Definitely has improvements as well as a sense of Demon's Souls mixed into it with the dark environment. I also love both the boss fights that are in it, both different then what the other two Souls games have provided before.

EDIT:

Also favorite character from Demon's Souls has to be Biorr of the Twin Fangs, I mean how many people kill a dragon then take a nap? And for Dark Souls it has to be my Sunbro, Solaire along with my onionbro, Siegmeyer.

Favorite boss fight in Demon's Souls has to be the Penetrator boss fight, and from Dark Souls I really enjoy Kalameet, Artorias, and Ornstien and Smough fights. Oh and Manus.

Favorite moment had to be when I managed to kill a hacker that invaded me in the Tomb of the Giants. Obvious it was a hacker after several hits and his health wasn't going down after several minutes. Then I ran and tricked him into following me around. Finally got far enough ahead to get past one of the turnable bridges and when he decided to go across, I hit the switch and he fell and died from the fall damage. Got hate mail but it was worth it. Hackers are going to always hate.

B-Don likes this

I can't wait to play the Dark Souls 2 beta this weekend. \\[T]// Praise it, bros.

God I love these games! My favorite character would have to be Onion Bro.(Siegmeyer of Catarina) He defines courage. Not because he's not afraid. In fact it's the exact opposite. He's terrified. Yet he still marches forth through the undead lands. If that's not bravery, or courage then i do not know what is! My favorite boss fight would have to be everyone's favorite couple hahaha. Smough and Ornstein. The way the fight plays out is awesome along with how each individual guy you kill will trigger a different phase of the boss fight. Super ornstein or super smough. I can't wait for DkS 2 to come out. gonna be SWEET!

I absolutely love the souls series.  I played both of them forever and beat them both several times.  My favourite moment was my first time beating that horrible Flamelurker.  That was the most difficult boss I had ever encountered and he was the third boss I fought in the game.  I took that falling short cut down to his door so many times that I probably could have made the trip with my eyes closed.  The time I finally beat him felt so good and he gives you arguably the best item in the game (the soul that allows you to make demon weapons).

Dark souls is easily my favorite game, and I love demons souls as well. The lore is so interesting and the game play is fantastic 

The best moment from my time of playing souls was probably beating Manus with my first SL1 character. He was so difficult with such small amount of HP and Def.

Cant wait for DS2, I need more Souls content damnit (= .

I love the Souls series. My favorite moment was invading someone for the first time in Demon's Souls. I invaded someone in world 2-2 who had way better armor and weapons and I ended up biting more than I could chew. So, the logical thing to do was to run,lol. I ended up finding the elevator that leads you deeper into the caves. I activated it as the guy was getting closer to me and just as he reached the elevator I was already to far down for him to jump on it. He tried to kill me with magic but I was too far away for it to kill me and then all of a sudden I see his body land on top of me and he died. I realized that he was so busy trying to kill me that he went to far forward and fell over. The game gave me the "Host Killed" and I got souls for it. I felt like a big boy, lol. Favorite boss fight in Demon's Souls was the False King, I never fought a boss who could literally take away your levels from you. In Dark it was Sif the Wolf but after the dlc came out it became Artorias.    

I never played Demon Souls but I love Dark Souls and I'm super hyped for DS2 next year.

Favourite character would be Lautrec or Domhnall and my favourite boss fight is Ornstein and Smough.

Really looking forward to seeing how the invasion work in DS2 as I did quite a bit in the first one and it was so much fun. Can't wait for that first few weeks where everything is new and no one knows the easy way to do things so it makes it a real challenge and a journey for the whole community. 

dark souls is amazing I have the game on 360 prbally my best moment was when I got invaded by 2 guys the forest area I led them to the cliffs rolled away in wrath of the gods them both off the cliff

Used to have Dark Souls on Xbox 360, thinking about getting it again. I have Dark Souls on Steam. Never played Demon Souls. I plan of maybe getting Dark Souls 2.

I still remember buying my special edition of Demon's Souls pretty much blind, based simply on a couple of screenshot I saw.

Boy did I not regret it. Love the Soul series, easily one of my favourites together with Monster Hunter and Metal Gear.

Gotta say I did enjoy the original Demon's Souls a bit more than Dark Souls though, mostly because of Flamelurker. 

Very few bosses have left an imprint on my memory like that flaming son of a bitch.

Dark souls is one of the best games in this console generation since basically everybody has different experiences while playing. Still my most memorable moment was when I was invaded by two guys and just killed them by parrying it was very satisfying.

I absolutely love Souls! Before it was even out in EU I had to play it so I got a US copy from Ebay and what an experience I had! The game play is something I have never played before. The online experience just adds to it. Being chased down by someone or chasing down someone yourself is so much fun and gets the adrenaline going.

A memorable moment for me was In Dark Souls when a friend was helping me and we got invaded. My friend hid behind a wall next to an entrance while I was waiting in front of the entrance on a narrow path, so the invader could see me. As the invader walked up to me and past the enterance he did not see my buddy and my buddy back stabed him and pushed him off an edge to his death. The invader must of had a shock at that moment :) Fun times!

I am definitely getting Dark Souls 2 no doubt about that!

Praise the Sun!

Woohoo! Less then 24 hours until some Dark Souls 2 beta time, being wanting to use my character that I have in the beta for awhile to do some more exploring.