• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Flying Potato

Are you religious?

Are you religious?   390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you religious?

• Yes, i'm Christian
    • Yes, i'm Catholic
    • Yes, i'm Jewish
    • Yes, i'm Muslim
    • Yes, i'm a Satanist
    • Yes, i'm Hindu
    • Yes, i'm a follower of a religion not listed in this poll
    • No, i'm an Atheist
    • I'm Agnostic

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

477 posts in this topic

i was baptized when i was a child and now atheist  

I've just never been sure, I probably lean more towards athiest however due to when you apply logic, it really doesn't add up for me but I'm still unsure and curious if there is, if people believe in God then you are allowed, the same if you don't believe in a God, you are allowed, hopefully no arguments are started :D

I never said what I believe in because I hate labels. Labels dehumanise people making it easier to be shitty towards them.
I will be the first to say I honestly don't know and more over I don't care and nor should I care.

After years of research into belief and the psychological connection with it,  I know it really doesn't matter.
It's all down to personal psychology and how your brain works. People need a crutch wether that be a god, science or something else.
Something they can fall back on because they feel it's reliable.

Science admits it doesn't have all the answers and Religion claims to have them all, albeit highly dubious ones.
As soon as you break away from that train of thought that you 'need' to believe in something and become independent as a being you know none of it is worth 'following'.

So what do I believe? I believe in the space between space. Time with no time. Order within the Chaos. I believe in the few years we have on this Earth we will never ever know and there is nothing wrong with that.  Just be glad to be alive and give people a reason to believe in humanity again.

By your actions they will know you and by their actions you will know them. 

One can not cease to be an atheist because you do not like the term. If you do not believe in a god, you are an atheist. That is not an opinion, but simply the definition of the word. One also can not cease to be a human, if one wishes to be a bald eagle

One can not cease to be an atheist because you do not like the term. If you do not believe in a god, you are an atheist. That is not an opinion, but simply the definition of the word. One also can not cease to be a human, if one wishes to be a bald eagle

Like I said I don't know, nor would I presume to know, nor do I care to know. I don't believe in anything but the void. Being human is a physical state one which changes over time. Belief is a none tangible psychological thought process that requires something to believe in.

That is, unless you feel it's not a necessary thought process but rather a hinderance to real progression. I don't expect a person of logic, which is flawed by our very nature, to understand. In the same way I don't expect a person of religion to understand either. Space and the sprawling chaotic universe, if it is alive, is it a god? Is it an entity? It would be far from explainable and it defies logic and reasoning on a regular basis. Just when we have it worked out it surprises you. 

Define Art and Music are they not a force that moves us but also does not really exist and is constantly changing form from one person to the next. Just because you feel safer by being defined as something why does it bother you there may be something beyond the labels you have? 

As belief is a state of mind if I wish myself to be a Bald Eagle in my dreams and imagination, I can be. 

No atheist actually "knows", since it is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. That said, once the probability is under 0.000000000000000000000(continue this for as long as you want, there really is no number for how unprobable it is)000001, then it is pretty safe to say that it does not exist. Again, the existence of an invisible pink unicorn is, while still unimaginably unlikely, still more plausible, as it would at least follow a few of the universes basic laws.

“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

Now being honest, i believe everyone can believe in what they want as long as they don't impose their beliefs on the others and that it doens't cause any harm is the world ... sadly today is the world is in a opposite state.

I am not religious no but i do believe that there is something more to life, so technically i am atheist because i am not part of an organised religion

Maybe saying it's boring is the wrong word. I wasn't painting myself that because a minority are bellends, though it did help my decision :P it was more so that there is no definite answer to where we came from and what happens when we die, which I think for the most part are the 2 most substantial parts of religious beliefs. In my case however because I don't know I'm not strictly saying that there isn't an all powerful deity that is the begging of us and even the end. And that is why I chose to stop labelling myself as athiest :)

Ah, that's fair enough then matey :)

No atheist actually "knows", since it is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. That said, once the probability is under 0.000000000000000000000(continue this for as long as you want, there really is no number for how unprobable it is)000001, then it is pretty safe to say that it does not exist. Again, the existence of an invisible pink unicorn is, while still unimaginably unlikely, still more plausible, as it would at least follow a few of the universes basic laws.

Not sure how you can say a pink unicorn is more plausible, it being pink is also irrelevant seeing as unicorns as a whole havn't been proven to exist. A unicorn existing is just as plausible as a god existing, just like fairies, pixies, gremlins, asari's etc are,  not more so

A pink invisible unicorn would be more plausible because it would at least follow some of the rules of reality. It would have a color, it would be physical, would be a mammal, and would be mortal. Sure, it would be invisible, but that is only 1 incredibly unrealistic thing, compared to the (insert number of facts about god) unrealistic things about god. 

Please note that i am not supporting the existence of invisible pink unicorns, before anybody makes that joke. 

A pink invisible unicorn would be more plausible because it would at least follow some of the rules of reality. It would have a color, it would be physical, would be a mammal, and would be mortal. Sure, it would be invisible, but that is only 1 incredibly unrealistic thing, compared to the (insert number of facts about god) unrealistic things about god. 

Please note that i am not supporting the existence of invisible pink unicorns, before anybody makes that joke. 

Ok, then apply a colour to a god, let's say red. Then it would have a colour and a god could also be a physical mammal. Now it's an even race like a standard unicorn vs a god...

Please note that i am not supporting the existence of red gods, before anybody makes that joke. ( ;))

Lets not even go there

Eh? It's not exactly getting heated, I just don't get how a unicorn is more plausible than a god is at existing, they both have the exact same chance at existing as eachother.

But if you'd rather end the discussion there than that's cool beans

First off, it was a joke, second off, they only technically do. Seeing as the word "god" is a very loose term, it could really be as plausible as anything. I could technically apply it to something perfectly normal, and thus make it more plausible then a unicorn. But for convince sake, and since it is the one everyone is talking about, i am referring to the christian, Muslim, and Jewish god, which was neither stated as red, physical, mammal, or mortal

I believe in God and Jesus but I don't  got to church (besides I really dont need to, way to corrupt nowadays).

I believe if you pray and believe thats good enough, it's better than not believing at all.

Atheist here.

I believe if you pray and believe thats good enough, it's better than not believing at all.

how is that 'better' than not believing at all? I'm not getting hostile or anything, just trying to follow your thought process.

Atheist here.

how is that 'better' than not believing at all? I'm not getting hostile or anything, just trying to follow your thought process.

Well, I've read about none-believers going to hell so.. yeah.

I believe in God and Jesus but I don't  got to church (besides I really dont need to, way to corrupt nowadays).

According to the Bible, believing in them isn't enough to wash away your sins.

According to the Bible, believing in them isn't enough to wash away your sins.

I do everything besides going to church

I do everything besides going to church

Define everything. Because wearing polyester is a sin.

If nobody imposes their beliefs on me I don't have a problem with them.

Having any form of belief is terribly personal. It needs to be developed from ones self and not others. This is why I feel sorry for children in schools that are tied between religion and state. People are entitled to their beliefs but not to impose or spread there words to others I personally find it rude and imposing. Thats why I won't do it to others, as I had it done to me as a kid. As I would not wish it have done to myself. I will repects every one here!

The code of conduct rocks :D

Aridan likes this

Well, I've read about none-believers going to hell so.. yeah.

well there isn't only one religion, so you're just supposing yours is true. You still don't believe in other gods, so you're still supposedly going to hell by the 'rules' of other religions.