• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maurice

PS4 Camera, worth buying?

24 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm new in this forum and just wanted to ask if you guys bought the camera with the PS4? Is it worth the money?

What games (already launched or announced) are supporting or even require the camera?

I feel like it is mostly a gimmick that won't have much impact on the every day gaming experience... 

Cheers,

Maurice

I haven't bought a PS4 or the PlayStation Camera yet, but from what I've seen, the PlayStation Camera only fulfills the following so far:

- Use your face to log in

- The Playroom

- Stream your face during a livestream (forgot about that, thanks @Law067)

I don't think a single game has come out yet that supports the Camera. We need to wait to see how this will work out.

Maurice likes this

I bought the PS4 but I didn't buy camera since i'm also getting the Xbox one and Kinect seems a lot better to me

Maurice likes this

For what I have seen it will serve in Driveclub so you can see the face of your opponent if you beat him,I don't think they announced other games that use the camera, I know that Media Molecule is working something with the Move, maybe Watch Dogs will use it

so for the moment it's mostly for streaming and the playroom (if I remember they will add regularly more content in playroom)

I think I will buy it when a game use it correctly

Maurice likes this

For what I have seen it will serve in Driveclub so you can see the face of your opponent if you beat him,I don't think they announced other games that use the camera, I know that Media Molecule is working something with the Move, maybe Watch Dogs will use it

For Driveclub, you mean how they have it in Burnout Paradise? Take down an enemy and it takes a picture of their face?

Media Molecule's... Move... thing... is... weird. :P

Maurice likes this

For Driveclub, you mean how they have it in Burnout Paradise? Take down an enemy and it takes a picture of their face?

Media Molecule's... Move... thing... is... weird. :P

Nah Driveclub use it more often, look at the gameplay video ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUVXAuCIqA

thanks for all the answers guys, I suppose I'll still be waiting if there are any more interesting games coming out that utilize the camera in an interesting way... it would be cool if they used it for Watchdogs!

I don't know how accurate the ps camera's microphones are. I heard it has for mics so it sounds like it's capable of detecting speech (if it were just for voice chat and streaming it would have only 1 mic). If that's the case i want to see some games using voice commands.

I didn't buy it. I'm glad it's something you can buy separately.

looks interesting saw it in action but should wait to see if it can do anything else

I picked it up just to try it out. There really isn't any game related reason to own one now. Voice commands work fine,  noticeably better than the old kinect. Using it for online game chat though. I can hear people using it clear enough but the game audio is constantly coming through.

I got it and its fun! The picture quality is amazing too! It is also fun to mess and play with. The voice commands work well too and the playroom mini games are fun too

I think the camera has a lot of potential. The tracking looks solid and the quality has improved. This is the time for some really creative people to get in there and come up with some really cool stuff.

In my opinion, I believe it's very much worth buying. I was upset with the Playstation three camera, but this one just came back and chewed bubblegum and whipped ass man. It's totally worth buying. Game on.

Greetings Space Cadets, after looking at the Lord Commanders unblocking of the camera I could see that it came with the stand and it is a different box shape to the UK Amazon illustration does the UK version not come with a TV stand, I also spotted they have an Official Playstation camera stand that you can buy separately. Do we not get this as standard and if so why.

I'm loving my ps4 camera the voice and face recognition is cool, really hoping to see them do more with it in the future

I think that the camera will allow voice commands just like the kinect does for the 360. In that case, I would say it is worth it as most of the games that I would play that support kinect do so though voice commands, removing the need for an xbox one and kinect for me personally, as most xbox exclusives come out to pc anyway. The only 360 games I can think of that did not come to pc that I wanted to play were Fable 2 and a Naruto game. The Naruto game never really went anywhere and the Fable series took a dive in the second.

Playroom is a cool tech demo to show it off.  You can also do the voice commands using a mic connected to your controller such as the one that comes with the earbud so the camera isnt really necessary for that.  Right now its mostly a piece of tech that has a LOT of potential other than the reasons in the OP.  Excited to see what they can do with it.

It'd be cool to get it so I can smack robots around in my living room, but that wouldn't justify a $60 purchase.

I'll (probably) get it when Octodad comes out, since it will be PS Move compatible.

Seems like a nice piece of equipment that will be worth picking up if you have the extra $60 but I wouldn't say... like, getting it over a new game for the money.  I'm sure they'll develop more games that will utilize it because I have a feeling that multiplatform games that have kinect features will transfer over to PSCam features.

from wat i've see it only true purpose is to stream with the ps4 and even then it is not a requirement. so it seems like a waste though that is my opinion  

my advice is to wait to see if some great games come for that, otherwise there is no use of it, i mean u can do all kinds of chatting on ur smartphone including video audio and best of it, anywhere!! so why buy a camera which does nothing but play boring timepass games.

Note: its just my opinion :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0