• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

themasething

How old are you lot?

How old are you?   488 members have voted

1. 1. What age bracket do you belong to?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

223 posts in this topic

I'm 30 by the by, and its sometimes amusing to me when someone thinks of the original Xbox or Playstation as their oldest gaming memories.

.... I mean I remember the original Frogger and Hulk games  that came on floppy disks.

Granted most of the older games I remember are because my mom handed them down to me.... I guess she's the cause of my gaming to begin with since she obviously was a gamer before the term appeared in relation to video games.

that came on floppy disks.

Always made me chuckle.

Floppy disks were hard and hard disks were floppy. Ahhh the good old days.

Then they put games on cassette and if you had 2 games on one side of that cassette it was a pain in the arse to find the second one. Hours of fast forward and rewind ...... I hated my Spectrum.

I only hated games back then when I couldn't figure out how to advance...

I remember Hulk vividly because of " You encounter a UFO, What does Hulk do?"...... Die repeatedly and often until you hit enough keys that you mysteriously advance to a tunnel where you choose a path and proceed to die repeatedly...

Google wasn't there for me then. Nor game guides.

51 here people.....I am one of the "old" Men on the block......I was there at the beginning...Pong, that's right two paddles and a square ball. I gotten to play with my kids as they have grown up. My son who is 19 is also a member of AJSA. And no I don't feel or think it is weird to be a gamer at my age cuz I was there at the start. Enjoy life and Play!

Admittedly I was a bit younger when they were around, but I still have more awesome memories of hanging out with friends and playing Pong than I do with any other console - except for maybe the Atari 2600.  Hell, my dad's older than you and he's still a gamer (who do you think got me started!)

Gary145 likes this

I'm actually surprised/impressed by the poll results so far. I was expecting a bunch of annoying 14-17 kids but mostly everyone seems to be early/mid 20s (same as angryjoe).

I'm 19, the last time I will ever be a teen and next year I'll be in the dreaded 20 where, I'm no longer a hip, cool teen and not of legal drinking age. Haha.

I damn proud of being 30 and played Raid Over Moscou and Salmon Run in Atari and the very first Prince of Persia  and Gorilla in pc (DOS). 

Love rugby though and HAAAATE football (soccer) (I'm 30 and grumpy)

I damn proud of being 30 and played Raid Over Moscou and Salmon Run in Atari and the very first Prince of Persia  and Gorilla in pc (DOS). 

Love rugby though and HAAAATE football (soccer) (I'm 30 and grumpy)

Hey man your to young to be grumpy....just saying.

I agree, the guy threw a grenade into the room, waited for it to go off, then walked into said room and says "Whoa its a mess in ere in'it" There is only one reason this thread has become "toxic"

I really do not wish for there to be an argument, but you are making it very hard no remain calm. I did nothing to start this, the creator of the thread did, i simply pointed it out, and continued to press on when he ignored me. And seeing that i got one of the highest ranked people on the forum to agree with me, i highly doubt you are in any position to say anything negative. And as for the "Il call mommy" thing, well, make fun of me if you want, but if you intend on insulting me, then I intend to make sure that you do not get away with it. Thank you

Get away with it? Get this kid a t-shirt and a map, he's new to the internet.

Seems like people are easily being upset these days. Chill out buddy, you're just wasting your time arguing with random people on the internet over a pointless thing. If you're this easily annoyed by such a thing, I can't imagine how you would react with other worst things on interwebs. The people in this thread can be described as overly friendly compared to other places. Just let it go and have fun. OK?

Geist likes this

I really do not wish for there to be an argument, but you are making it very hard no remain calm. I did nothing to start this, the creator of the thread did, i simply pointed it out, and continued to press on when he ignored me. And seeing that i got one of the highest ranked people on the forum to agree with me, i highly doubt you are in any position to say anything negative. And as for the "Il call mommy" thing, well, make fun of me if you want, but if you intend on insulting me, then I intend to make sure that you do not get away with it. Thank you

The problem was that you continued to press onto a matter that shouldn't have been pressed on about. It wasn't that serious of a matter for him not to include your age bracket especially when you can just as easily make your own topic for it instead of just sticking to this one. I would understand if he was constantly making jabs at you for your age, but being he no doubt has an opinion about it you wouldn't agree with he chose the responsible way of staying silent. That old saying of "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it all". Doesn't help your argument when your further pressing of the issue was fueled by "other" individuals who didn't start the topic itself, yet you felt the need to continue threatening to get it taken down as if they were the one's who created it. If a person makes a thread about 3 particular breeds of cats, you don't get upset because yours isn't included. If he didn't include those of 16 years and younger its because he has his own particular opinion based on his own experiences to which naturally those who are older don't think much of those that are younger. Is it right, no. Was that his intention, no clue. Thing is to recognize when your slapping a hornets nest and just leave it be. I was surprised to still see this going on when I came back. If you didn't wish for there to be an argument you should have just left things as they were. Its only naturally your way of going about it would draw ill attention, especially when the individual you had an issue with wasn't even saying anything past that first response. When you saw your age bracket wasn't included the sure thing would have been to find one in which yours was, and if there wasn't one... congrats you can now be the first to make it. That should have been the end of it.

7thFrost likes this

Seems like people are easily being upset these days. Chill out buddy, you're just wasting your time arguing with random people on the internet over a pointless thing. If you're this easily annoyed by such a thing, I can't imagine how you would react with other worst things on interwebs. The people in this thread can be described as overly friendly compared to other places. Just let it go and have fun. OK?

^ this relax , WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDSSSS.

^ this relax , WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDSSSS.

Fuck you right in your poutine hole, moose jockey.

Are you for real? the fact is you started the toxicness of this thread with silly little things like "if you don't put my age group in the poll i'm telling mods you're discriminating against me" and "i'm going to do my best to bury this thread because i don't feel a part ot it" Of course i'm para-phrasing here but that is basically what you said.

I have taken part in many threads that i have disagreed with the polls, but have i trying to start arguments in these threads? In the thread Best fighting game ever, there is no option for Tekken in the poll. have i tried to make out the the thread creator is discriminating against Tekken players? No. In a PS4 thread, Do you have your PS4, the choices are,

Yes i do,

i'm getting it later,

No i'm not getting one.

Where is the answer for i live in the UK and am getting it on friday? there isn't an option for that. do i feel discriminated against do i call te thread creator all sorts and say i'm going to bury this thread because the creator didn't think of me when he/she made his/her poll. No. You are young and we should take that into account, but your attituide is the exact raason youngsters get a bad name on the net.

And i don't want to argue either, but don't make you are the injured party in this. The other guy said he was leaving the community because of you, and why because he forgot to an under 16s option. The pharse "grow up kid" is coming to mind here.

36 and still counting... though i feel allot younger >3

I'm 22 and I still remember playing games like Penguin Adventure on the MSX and World Soccer on the Sega Master System

These are one of the oldest I've played though

If you wish to mock me then go ahead, be my guest. But that is in fact against the rules of the forums, and you will find a warning waiting for within a week. I have obviously have no control of that myself, but you are breaking several rules, and as such, could easily be sent before a mod. In case you are wondering what rules you are breaking: 

Respect Each Other - AJSA does not tolerate discrimination, racism or harassment, sexual or otherwise by or towards members. Members will respect each other regardless of their origin, rank, nationality, age, gender, race, or religious beliefs. Failure to comply will result in loss of rank or ban from the community. Please keep foul language to a reasonable minimum. We are passionate enthusiastic gamers just like Angry Joe, we don’t mind when friends rib each other in good fun, but please keep it within reason. If any other member asks you to stop, please stop:

You have discriminated against certain age groups, called me childish, blamed me for being toxic despite the fact that i was openly insulted earlier, and continued to fill this thread with toxicity that is not in any way needed. 

2. Respect the Chain of Command - Be friendly to new recruits and respectful towards those of higher rank. Structure and order will keep us strong. Disruptive elements in the AJSA will be removed, we don't have time for your drama or power trips here. This applies to officers and members alike.

You have called what i did wrong, despite it being approved by a Commander. You thereby say that the Commanders decision was misguided. 

6. Forum rules - Members of Angry Army community will be expected to maintain a mature and respectful attitude. Your forum behavior will reflect on the community's reputation and Angry Joe, and it is taken very seriously. You are also asked not to participate in flame-fests on the forums as it lacks a certain level of professionalism even if the person being flamed deserves it and is in the wrong. You are expected to treat fellow forum members with respect at all times. Any intentions to create dissent, cause trouble or derogatory remarks, no matter how justified they may be, will be met by the community leaders of Angry Army with EXTREME displeasure. Fair warning, treat your fellow forum users as you would expect to be treated. Furthermore don't type bump in a post just to put it at the top.

You have offended me, and indirectly, several other people, have not acted maturely, have been very disrespectful, and attempted to start a flame fest. 

So basically, if i reported you to a mod, you would almost certainly get a warning

You wrote this -

This is an age thread, not including age groups due to prejudice is offensive to all individuals within said group. Thus, action will be taken to prevent insults. If you are not personally within said group, you have no right to speak of the matter, as you are not the one being targeted. 

It should also be noted that age ratings are not in fact law. Most games are rated by the ESRB, and on their official site, they state "rating categories suggest age appropriateness". Do not think that you can honestly argue with me in this case, because you are in no place, factually, or rights wise, to say that.

This is an open forum, you can not tell people they are not allowed to talk about something just because they're not in that age group that is discrimination and you are disrespecting people and breaking the rules. Also the subject of minors taking about 18+ games is an interesting one, and someone that think minors shouldn't talk about such matters is not prejudice.

and there is this little gem-

The ESRB stated it as merely a recommendation, thus all ratings sent out by the ESRB are also just recommendations. But let us cease discussing that now, as the thread is getting sidetracked. The point is this: the thread owner must add an option for those younger then 16, or i will contact a mod, and revive the already existing, but now dead, age thread, making this one obsolete. I will not take insults, and they are against the forum guidelines.

Here you are threatening to try and destroy someones thread if you don't get your own way. I'm sure this is against the rules.

Then to add insult you wrote this -

This thread is more toxic then one would expect. Honestly, i do not know why people have decided to act this way, but it is hardly helping keep this forum a civil and friendly place.

Its become toxic bacause all you did was argue with people and threaten you was contacting a mod (there was atleast 7 post where you was threatening the the OP with the mods.) so i'm not insulting you when i say you caused all this, i'm merely stating a fact

I agreed his first comment to you was rude, but their just words. He let it die after that and simply didn't respond. By your own words you kept pressing the issue and only for the reason he "didn't" include age 16 and no doubt the first comment he gave to you which I would understand if he had "kept" on about it. He stopped talking after the first comment, only "you" kept going with it and even when other people were the issue you go as far as to say he did not include you out of prejudice. Thats taking it way to far. If you think not being included in a voting topic is a grounds for someone being prejudice then I think you need to go look through some history books and see what prejudice deeply implies. What you did right there. Its called "slander" when you accuse with without full basic fact. Your the reason people look down on your age group. I talk to plenty of individuals 16 years and younger so I can attest that age does not direct maturity. Thats up to the person in question. If you can't understand something as simple as that, then I can't help you. Maybe when you gain the same wisdom when you get older that others of your age already have you'll understand. 

With this I wash my hands of this matter because all thats needed to be said has been said. If you can't understand what we're saying by now, at least the ones that have been trying to talk to you in a civilized manner, then you can't be helped.

If its possible if everyone else could just simply ignore this individual "only" upon this topic of age mind you. Specifying that so I don't get slandered for being prejudice as well. We can let the thread ease back to the way it was before. Peaceful and only people saying their age and small touches of info on the side. 

You wrote this -

This is an open forum, you can not tell people they are not allowed to talk about something just because they're not in that age group that is discrimination and you are disrespecting people and breaking the rules. Also the subject of minors taking about 18+ games is an interesting one, and someone that think minors shouldn't talk about such matters is not prejudice.

and there is this little gem-

Here you are threatening to try and destroy someones thread if you don't get your own way. I'm sure this is against the rules.

Then to add insult you wrote this -

Its become toxic bacause all you did was argue with people and threaten you was contacting a mod (there was atleast 7 post where you was threatening the the OP with the mods.) so i'm not insulting you when i say you caused all this, i'm merely stating a fact

I just got to chime in here now I want no part of whatever squall is going down here! But I would like to point out the differences in rating systems from country to country. I'm not sure what you mean by 18+ since I have no idea specifically what games you're talking about, but there aren't a lot of games over here in the USA rated 18+, unless they contain very graphic porn level sexual content, the highest commonly used rating here is M-17+.

14 bros

I was in math wile typing this