• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cerberus03

Console or PC, which do you prefer and why?

Console or PC, which do you prefer and why?   93 members have voted

1. 1. As the title says.

• Console
    • PC
    • Both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

I myself am primarily a PC gamer but like to own consoles for exclusives. 

f1ng3rfuka likes this

I can watch Youtube and Doctor Who on PC and play my games on PC. I don't really have a problem with Consoles I just prefer using a computer at the moment. Everything is just more handy.

definitely PC since i am absolutely incapable of playing any kind of shooter on a console :(

I love having my PC and it is by far the best system to play games on. Games consistently look better on PC. The problem is though things can easily go wrong with a PC system. Games can have extremely shoddy launches on PC, which has become a problem recently. Sometimes Its nice to know that when you buy a console game its likely going to be well optimised and run without hiccups. Also there arn't really any dedicated gaming operating systems out there atm so you have to put up with windows.

Console gaming since Pc gaming is so expensive by buying the parts, Even though steam is great on game selling.. 

If all games were available on all platforms, I'd buy them for the pc. This is because the pc has a lot more customization available.

PC...simply does evrything a console can do but better and than it does all that other stuff you will never experience on a console...and it is cheaper(believe the dude from the poorest country in the EU...it is cheaper).

Might be an unpopular choice but I say console for FPS and driving games and things like FIFA but all strategy games and things of that ilk are better on the PC :)

I want to be a PC gamer with all my soul, but I was an idiot and bought in All-in-one which can't be upgraded. I own 60 games on Steam, but already the newer ones are starting to slow down. In fact, for Burial At Sea I had to play on low settings and had like 20 frames per second. God, I wish I got a tower.

Console mainly....its just simpler...PC games always have heaps of issues.Also sport games suck balls on a PC

My preference is PC.  Here the reasons:

I grew up on PC.  The first video games I ever played were on the PC.  I had a few consoles when I was growing up too, but I was always at least one console generation behind so I could never get the latest games.  My family always had at least one computer around for school and work purposes which we upgraded every couple of years so it was just easier for me to get games for the PC

Since I've pretty much always played on the PC, the keyboard + mouse controls are very natural for me.  Over the years they have become extensions of my hands.  I don't have to look at the keyboard or think about where the buttons are.  I just do what comes naturally.  By contrast, console controllers feel completely unnatural to me.  When I try to play FPS games on consoles I feel awkward and clumsy, and I can't aim for shit. My hands just aren't used to the controller.  Maybe if I got a ton of practice and tweaked controller sensitivity settings I could get better, but it doesn't seem worth it to put the effort in anymore.

Then there's the fact that the types of games I play are almost always released on PC as well as console, so there's never really been much need for me to have a console.  Occasionally a game I am really interested in does not get a PC version, and that's the only reason I've even kept my consoles around.

And finally, I work with computers.  I have worked various IT-related jobs for the past decade.  Building and customizing my own PCs and home network is a point of personal and professional pride.

PC.

Better graphics, upgradability, mods (for games that support it, and some that don't), mouse and keyboard, easier communication (I prefer typing over voice chat, if you don't have a mic or don't want to use one and you're playing a team game on consoles you're more or less screwed if you need to communicate something).

And this is all just related to gaming. I can multi task while gaming if necessary, alt tab to view a wiki if I'm stuck, watch movies/youtube, forums, etc... You can't do any of that stuff well or at all on consoles. Plus then there are "work" related things people use PCs for like Photoshop, Illustrator, 3d modeling/animating, rendering, etc... It just does infinitely more than a console could ever dream to in addition to gaming.

The only reason I would ever go back to consoles if I suddenly developed an active social life again and had friends come over often, or me go over to their place often. Couch gaming is very fun especially with/against your friends and the socializing is great.

I prefer pc, better and i find it more comfortable too. I play on ps3 only for the exclusives, okay, maybe when i buy a big ass tv i am going to play on my ps more often, but still, sitting in my chair in the front of my self built computer, keyboard+mouse, this is gaming for me.

I prefer PC by a decent margin. M&K, Steam sales, mods, etc. That being said, I usually pick up a console later in a generation in order to play the exclusives that I may have missed. Most games (mainly FPS) that are multi-platform I will prefer playing on PC for the better controls.

Depends on the type of game i'm playing, certain games i just like to sit in comfort with a control pad in my hand. I have a decent gaming rig, and a prretty big steam library. full of games like Heroes of Might and Magic, Civ 4, 5, Football manager, KSP and games like that. but any action, adventure, open world or fighting game i like to play on my TV and not a monitor, i tried to play Dead space 3 on my PC but i wasn't finding it enjoyable. I know people say "but 60fps PC gaming master race" But comfort matters more to me. And i know i could hook my PC up to my TV, but really its not practical. I'll be interested to see if the Steam Box changes my gaming habbits. But at the moment i play on both

I want to be a PC gamer with all my soul, but I was an idiot and bought in All-in-one which can't be upgraded. I own 60 games on Steam, but already the newer ones are starting to slow down. In fact, for Burial At Sea I had to play on low settings and had like 20 frames per second. God, I wish I got a tower.

Big deal...you don't need to be playing the latest games to enjoy PC gaming.There are tons of awesome PC games for low spec rigs you never played...i am sure of it.That the thing about PC gaming...the list of games you can run is enourmous and spans over more than 20 years+10 years of console games being emulated in MAME32 and NeoRageX.

PC. it is much more versitile. I can do so much more with my PC plus I would need a PC anyway, so I don't see the point in having a console plus a weakish PC when I could just use the money saved on the console on the PC. All in one. Plus Steam sales, power, exclusives.

And you tend to make back the money on Steam sales. I probably spend half the money I used to spend on PS3 and yet have 5 times the games.

(Yes, I have a PS3, I just haven't used it in 2 years)

Oh and this: (Just for laughs, not being stuck up or anything)

_wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_ra

I always prefer the consoles because I was pretty much raised on using a controller. To move over to a keyboard is a pretty awkward experience. Though I do play a few PC games since they're only available on PC, mainly WoW and LoL.

Both. I hate being restricted and I do earn the money to enjoy both "worlds" so why restrict myself

I have no preference. Mainly because consoles have games that I want to play that aren't on the PC, but there are a lot of multi-platform releases that are better on PC. So that's why I don't prefer one over the other. 

If your warranty is expired, I suggest you open it and take the ram, graphics card, disc drive, HDD, CPU and whatever else you can salvage, then go buy a case, motherboard and PSU. Then take your salvaged parts and put them in, the transition should be reasonably cheap, then that will give you grounds to move on.

I like to use both. Really depends on what game and my mood :)

Both.

Though the pc is admittedly more versatile and I've been enjoying gaming on it immensely, I've been a console gamer all my life. Sitting back, playing games on a console is what I've known for years and I still and probably will always have a soft spot for console gaming.

So, yeah, I enjoy both. 

PC gaming is way more fun. The graphics are better, you can basically do everything you want with your PC.

vanhoe likes this