• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Linkfan3

Fallout or Elder Scrolls

62 posts in this topic

Oops, I made a topic for the Fallout series in the FPS section which technically is true about the current gen of the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.

I've only played Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim, but I'll go with The Elder Scrolls series. Fallout was for mu just completing the story and never play it again. On level 4 on Skyrim I just said "I don't want to do this mission, I'll go that way" and after 30 hours of playing I returned to finish the story, and even now I have completed it (storyline, not full game of course) I still play Skyrim.

I prefer Fallout it better gets across the feeling of one man vs all. The elder scrolls series  made sure you knew that there was always people to help while fallout made you question whether or not you was alone in this digital landscape  

I recently played fallout 3 and I have to say I like the elder scolls better. Fallout is great, but I find that the world of the elder scrolls is more interesting :D

I don't mind the open world Fallout 3 and NV but if they get the guys that did Far Cry 3 to do it, I would like that.

Elder Scrolls purely for the roleplaying elements of the early ones like Arena. 

This is based on personal preference. Let's just say they made a perfect engine to make epic RPG's

Personally, I'm a Fallout nut. Tried getting into Elder Scrolls, but couldn't find the same grab that the wasteland offered. I don't think it's bad, just not my thing.

Well its hard to say because after playing skyrim hard to like fallout games where I wished in Fallout 3 that I could explore more of the buildings be more life, towns, cities even just something more than there is.

i would say Elder Scrolls; It's an easy choice with the recent Skyrim. It would have been a much more difficult decision if Skyrim had not come out. I mean Liam Neeson was our father. Hoepfully it will again be a difficult choice with a new Fallout........that is going to be a gritty beautiful game. 

This is a hard one because I like both games a lot. I've put so many hrs into both games... Mostly just hoarding stuff in my place... I guess it comes down to whether you like shooting or medieval weapons/spell casting... For me I guess I'll pick.... Skyrim even tho I love fallout3 a lot... 

My choice would be Fallout.

they have have a giant robot :D Liberty_5e6722_830890.jpg

Pedrinsky21 likes this

Yes they're both made by the same company and have very similar play styles, but both have different charms to them

They are very different games with features impossible to love if you're an RPG fan. I put so many hours into each game (Fallout 3 and Skyrim) it's not even funny. The weapons in Fallout and it's combat mechanic are great, the spells in Skyrim as well as the weapons and armor are just amazing. I find myself getting pulled deeper into Skyrim though, just feels like more to explore with all the random dungeons and loot.

elder Scrolls for Exploration/Story, Fallout for Combat/Chaos. XD

Both Kick ass but have some massive differences my main reason for Picking Elder Scrolls is the fact it has more realism to it and better Quests then Fallout has and by that i mean you are in a Apocalyptic world for good sakes you should always have a meter For general Health Food, water i now that there is a hardcore mode but its not on par with many other survival games out there.

My other Reason has to be the lack of Minor world influence you can have in fallout sure you can Nuke a Land,city etc but you never clear a cave or something and gain a cool pet, spell, perk, love of a Lord,Lady and don't get me wrong Skyrim misses a lot of those but they do some touch up with patch's and Deadric Quests

Pedrinsky21 likes this

both are really gooddd, i rather fallout because of the diferent ending, you can actually change the fate of the world, you can choose sides or be againts everyone.

both are really gooddd, i rather fallout because of the diferent ending, you can actually change the fate of the world, you can choose sides or be againts everyone.

as i stated Above The Major stuff is MUCH more noticeable in Fallout then Elder scrolls BUT that dos not mean you can not choice the End story for Any of the elder scrolls out there even in the New one (Wish i could make myself King but what ever)

Fallout 3 is my number one game of all time and the elder scrolls are amazing but........Dark souls

Elderscrolls, I'm a sucker for the sword/shield combat.